Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed!?! Since I'm still deployed, I haven't gotten a chance to mess with it. I was wondering if it's exaggerated by the long euro plate.

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
There is a bit of play in the Sto 'n Show on the piece that the license plate attaches to. The bracket to the car is rock solid. Mine was a bit crooked (similar to the picture) so you can take off the plate part and look at the 2 legs. Mine weren't exactly aligned. You can very gently move them so the plate is level on the car.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I've not removed it, can only tell you what I've read: Use a heat gun or blow dryer to loosen the adhesive strip. Dental floss or fishing line to separate the strip from the paint. GooGone to clean up the bits left over.

No idea if it affects the clear coat on removal.
I've had occasion to remove the base several times. It does not damage the clearcoat. Goo Gone takes care of residual adhesive.

Editorial: Craig's is an example of a small, niche business that focuses on one product type and does it well. Also run by a veteran; since I'm a vet that gets my attention when a good product is being made.
Craig is a stand-up guy. I've used his brackets for many years on my other Mustangs (SN-95 and S197). When the S550 came to market, he was willing to help me with questions since this was a new design. When I had a problem with tape separation, he sent me new base mounts. I sent him money to compensate for his troubles. I have no issue recommending his product. I am not a paid spokesperson :-)

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I got the Sto n Sho originally and wish I hadn't for several reasons: First, it puts the plate in a position that partially blocks air flow. B- It's not sturdy at all. The license moves very easily from side to side. Three: The extra 1/2 inch that it lowers the front clearance proved fatal. The mounting bolts sheared off and it was hanging by a thread when I discovered it. Finally: $80 flushed down the toilet.

Mounted the Craig's and no issues so far. I'm inclined to think that the few that have come off are due to improper surface prep. or rushing the install. I'll let you know in a year or so.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Why not just turn this into a poll?
My vote is for Craig's, I prefer the factory location that the Craig's bracket provides if I'm wearing a front plate.

DSCN0714_zpstvdbrtb3.jpg

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
Got Craig's bracket as soon as they were available for the GT350 (Jan?). So far it's held up fine. Albeit I've got less than 2K miles on the car.
Sponsored