Sponsored

No AC Driver's Side

ElviraS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT C/S
I've read about all the evaporator issues but here is one I didn't see on the forum.

Got in my car yesterday after work - it was sunny and about 75 out - and I cranked on the AC to help cool off. After driving for about 5 minutes I noticed the air wasn't cooling down at all. I put my hand in front of the left side vent, then the left most center vent - blowing hot air. But the center and right center vent and the right dash vent are blowing cold.

Now the kicker - it's a base GT without dual climate control.

I tried playing around with the temp knob - the air temp on the drivers side changes slightly but not the normal range that the passenger side experiences.

Even without dual climate control are there separate blend doors for driver & passenger?
Sponsored

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Your EVAP went out behind the dash. Very common. Had mine replaced twice now. Go to Ford and it can be fixed under warranty.

You can close the driver vents for now and the pass ones will blow cooler air.

YaBoyJordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My AC started acting up yesterday as well. Same issue as you. Only have 11,000 miles on the car. I have an appointment at the dealer on Thursday to get it fixed. I can't believe the car is having issues like this so early on. Pretty unacceptable if you ask me.

AQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have the same thing and i take it to the Dealer and they say it was a loose valve near the evaporator!
So they recharge the AC and went fine for only a month . Am just waiting to have some time to get back to them to fix the real problem ( the EVAP ) i hop ford fix this in 2018 Mustangs

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I've read about all the evaporator issues but here is one I didn't see on the forum.
There's a ton of ongoing threads on this, right here in this section:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1845000
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1812957
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1822756

FWIW, that behavior you're seeing is indicative of an evap failure, as air flows from passenger to driver side, it retains a bit of coolness from the far right, but loses it by the time it hits the drivers side (the middle vents tend to be cool-ish).

Had mine replaced in my 2016 (bought new in Oct '15) a few weeks ago, the new evap part being used is supposed to resolve the issue in a more permanent capacity.

Sponsored

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Had mine replaced in my 2016 (bought new in Oct '15) a few weeks ago, the new evap part being used is supposed to resolve the issue in a more permanent capacity.
I bought a 2016 at the same time. I'm close to 30K miles, though, and will go out of warranty this summer. I've had no mechanical or manufacturing issues with my car so far (slight play in wheel bearing I may have replaced). I generally never purchase extended warranties, but my fear of this A/C failure will lead me to buy an extended Ford Service Plan soon before I'm out of warranty. I wish Ford offered a cheap extended warranty for just this part, or better yet a re-call :frusty:.

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
my a/c stopped working all together 2 weeks ago, car has 32000kms.
This car has soo many problems, bad quality parts IMO.

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
When did Ford started to include the revised evaporator core in the 2016 models? Mine was manufactured on March 2016, I hope mine has the revised evaporator core.

YaBoyJordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Can confirm that it was the evaporator core that failed. Took the dealer two days to fix. On a positive note, the car blows ice cold air now.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I bought a 2016 at the same time. I'm close to 30K miles, though, and will go out of warranty this summer. I've had no mechanical or manufacturing issues with my car so far (slight play in wheel bearing I may have replaced). I generally never purchase extended warranties, but my fear of this A/C failure will lead me to buy an extended Ford Service Plan soon before I'm out of warranty. I wish Ford offered a cheap extended warranty for just this part, or better yet a re-call :frusty:.
I did see some people talking about it possibly being more prone in locations with a mix of high heat and high humidity, especially where the latter has any kind of salt content (like most of Florida).

Maybe yours needs to break ... somehow. It's weird how the outside unit that was running fine failed on our home AC a few months before the warranty expired ...

:ninja:

OP
OP

ElviraS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT C/S
Thanks guys - sure enough it was the evap core. Fingers crossed I don't have to do it again.
Sponsored