Sponsored

AC works great on both sides, Heat works great on driver's side.

Crais

I call it Vera
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 DIB GT Premium PP
'15 GT Premium with dual zone climate control. AC works fine, heat only works on driver's side while passenger actively uses the AC to cool down. Replaced blend door actuator near console on passenger side, behind the glove box.

When it's cold outside I have to manually turn off the AC and put the vents on recirculate to keep cold air from fogging up the passenger side. I've had no signs of any failure in the evap system and the problem didn't slowly get worse. It was a case of one day it's working great, next day and onward it's failed. I really hoped the blend door even though it didn't make sense to me that the AC was activated when turned to heat and zones synced.. It seems to me that if it was just the blend door the AC wouldn't try to actively cool the passenger side, just limit the heating by either letting in outside air or recirculating interior.

Am I off the mark on this, should I replace the blend door actuator again (maybe I got a faulty new one?), did I replace the WRONG blend door actuator? Any tips would be much appreciated. I've procrastinated all summer because the AC cools great, but these cold mornings are going to be rough soon. I really don't want to blindly fire the parts canon at this.
Sponsored