Sponsored

Nitto NT555

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I dont know why everyone complains about the nitto in the rain, I've tracked my car in the rain with the 555G2s and they did great. My son also has them on his car and he had no issues on the track either. They havent given me any problems with daily driving either. I will be buying more when these are gone.
Well, on the upside, they’re round.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
I dont know why everyone complains about the nitto in the rain, I've tracked my car in the rain with the 555G2s and they did great. My son also has them on his car and he had no issues on the track either. They havent given me any problems with daily driving either. I will be buying more when these are gone.
They’re talking about the NT555, which has been around a long time. The NT555G2, the one you have, has been out only a few years and is an updated, more advanced design.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
They’re talking about the NT555, which has been around a long time. The NT555G2, the one you have, has been out only a few years and is an updated, more advanced design.
Ah, yeah, I didn't hear many good things about the NT555s. The G2s are great though. I was thinking they just didn't add the G2 to the tire. Didnt even know they were still making the original 555.

OP
OP
Ayee__Jay

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Okay so that's my fault on my end, I wasn't specific. The NT555 G2! are they good?

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Okay so that's my fault on my end, I wasn't specific. The NT555 G2! are they good?
Like I posted earlier, I'm very pleased with them and have had no issues. Very impressed at how well they did on the track, both dry and wet conditions. And I have almost 7000 miles on them and they are still looking good. No signs of wear.

OP
OP
Ayee__Jay

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Like I posted earlier, I'm very pleased with them and have had no issues. Very impressed at how well they did on the track, both dry and wet conditions. And I have almost 7000 miles on them and they are still looking good. No signs of wear.
So I DD my car. Mainly just to work and back (5 minute drive) and then I go to meets/race on weekends. With that being said, in Texas the winters are not bad at all BUT I live in North Texas so the winters can get to 20's maybe even teens which will only last a few days but majority of the time its around 30-40 in the winter time. Should be fine?

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So I DD my car. Mainly just to work and back (5 minute drive) and then I go to meets/race on weekends. With that being said, in Texas the winters are not bad at all BUT I live in North Texas so the winters can get to 20's maybe even teens which will only last a few days but majority of the time its around 30-40 in the winter time. Should be fine?
I live just up the road from you in Arkansas. When it gets down below about 40 you will need to stop your spirited daily driving. They do get a little slippy like most any summer time will.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
i have the G2s and even with my 305s in the rear they leave a lot to be desired in terms of straight line traction. i still spin through 3rd gear on the street. at the strip i have to pedal it through 1st and 2nd bad. i'm just on an AED E85 tune, nothing crazy

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
How do the Nittos do in the rain?
Poorly.

I’ve hydroplaned a few times. My car doesn’t see rain often but a few times I’ve been caught...the last time I actually turned in the snow/wet mode to keep the car planted.

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I had the G2s with 305 in the rear. They were great when it was dry but to me, were a little scary in the rain. I didn’t feel confident on the grip at all. The car is my DD and it rains a lot in Houston. I ended up switching to the PS4S and problem was solved. In terms of noise, I do not notice a difference.
Sponsored