Sponsored

Night Mode in the daytime?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
This frustrates me a great deal but I really hate the design of Sync 3, especially the powder blue theme. It reminds me of windows 95.

When activating night mode in the day the contrast and brightness drop way down and looks terrible.

When driving around sunset or rain sometimes the car gets confused and will switch in and out of night mode. When it does there are a few seconds where the black theme is on but the brightness and contrast are still up in day mode.

When this happens it looks beautiful and actually matches the digital instrument cluster in appearance.

Are there any hacks to use "night mode" in the daytime without the loss of contrast and brightness?
Sponsored

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
This frustrates me a great deal but I really hate the design of Sync 3, especially the powder blue theme. It reminds me of windows 95.

When activating night mode in the day the contrast and brightness drop way down and looks terrible.

When driving around sunset or rain sometimes the car gets confused and will switch in and out of night mode. When it does there are a few seconds where the black theme is on but the brightness and contrast are still up in day mode.

When this happens it looks beautiful and actually matches the digital instrument cluster in appearance.

Are there any hacks to use "night mode" in the daytime without the loss of contrast and brightness?

If I'm not mistaken, you can enable night mode to be on at all times in the settings. There is a setting that you can change for the brightness to make it be auto -brightness or setting it manually as well.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have night mode on 24/7 on my SYNC3 and adjusted brightness to max on it. Looks great and way better looking than that disgusting stock “powder blue” display. I don’t know who at Ford would have approved such an ugly default setting for the display.

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
I also have it set to night. Looks way better and have no problem with the brightness. Just mess with it a bit.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
If I'm not mistaken, you can enable night mode to be on at all times in the settings. There is a setting that you can change for the brightness to make it be auto -brightness or setting it manually as well.
I have set both of those but it still does something to the display that makes it difficult to see when the sun is out.

Do you guys have tinted windows?

Sponsored

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't usually have any problems seeing the display in night mode during the day. I've got the brightness turned up all the way. If I'm driving east when the sun is setting I might have difficulty seeing the screen. No window tint on my car yet. Honestly, I would like it to be a little brighter in night mode but it seems adequate to me.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I also noticed when you turn off the car and it is in day mode it switches to black on the shutdown sequence but at day brightness.

This thing keeps teasing me!

When I put mine in Night mode it just looks washed out and dim at full brightness.

TheOilman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 SB GT Premium PP
Make sure to turn the auto dim feature off in the sliders....then go back and reset the brightness with the slider.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Make sure to turn the auto dim feature off in the sliders....then go back and reset the brightness with the slider.
I think I tried that. The auto dim goes away in night setting but I'll give it another shot.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've had night mode set since I drove it off the dealer lot. The powder blue theme of sync is TERRIBLE and I would rather the screen be off than have a big blue beacon in my face.

Sponsored

TheOilman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 SB GT Premium PP
I think I tried that. The auto dim goes away in night setting but I'll give it another shot.
I thought I had done it as well but it turned out there is both an auto feature for day/night and auto brightness....I had turned it to night and moved the slider all the way to bright but it had no effect. Idk if its different on 2018's but here are only 3 options in the display settings. Brightness/Day Night/Auto dim.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I took these two shot with the camera exposure locked in manual mode. Both set to full brightens. I focused on the top bar since it's black.

One could argue it is night mode and not an actual theme. But it would be nice if it worked more like a theme.
Night.jpg
Day.jpg
Sponsored