Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The weather cooperated on the 31st and I was able to give the wife's DD a much-needed bath.

caddy-foamed_231231.jpg

caddy-wash_231231.jpg

caddy-clean_231231.jpg

Got out again on Monday but it was a dreary, drizzly day. Nonetheless, I was able to delete one item from my ToDo list which was to put a coat of Fluid Film on the 88 bolt ends of the new deck. They're stainless but I wanted extra rust protection.. The job was relatively easy but the old legs were tired afterward from going up and down on the stool I was using.

deck-bolts-fluid-film_240102_02.jpg

deck-bolts-fluid-film_240102_01.jpg
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Nice wash :like:. There would be more traffic here if we see your GT500 in the pics. :like:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Beautiful car and colour!

I spent my Boxing Day decontaminating and scraping old wheel weight adhesive off a set of wheels. Even with the right chemicals and tools, not a particularly fun or relaxing task. At least the music was playing and I was left in peace.

IMG-0443.jpg

New years day was spent polishing the above wheels. Again, tedious but peaceful.

IMG-0469.jpg

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
D: Were those the wheels you took off the other vehicle when you purchased new? I'm wondering because the tire is missing. In any event, another question...what is "Boxing Day"? Same as New Year's Day?

I've also never had to scrape off weight adhesive but considering how strong that adhesive has to be, I can imagine it being a bit of a PITA.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
There would be more traffic here if we see your GT500 in the pics.
Ask and ye shall receive, Martin. :-) Which kind would you like...solo vehicle or with a "friend"? ;-)

BTW, "Sarah" is a CFTP, I replaced the CF wheels with Signature SV108's.

1704354884698.png

1704354926799.png

1704355140512.png

Finally, all three photos in one.. :-)

1704355296175.png

With a "friend." <grin>

1704355405463.png

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
D: Were those the wheels you took off the other vehicle when you purchased new? I'm wondering because the tire is missing. In any event, another question...what is "Boxing Day"? Same as New Year's Day?

I've also never had to scrape off weight adhesive but considering how strong that adhesive has to be, I can imagine it being a bit of a PITA.
Boxing day is the December 26th public holiday in Australia, it has UK origins from memory.

The wheels I'm dealing with above were purchased second hand to replace the standard steel wheels on my workhorse. They needed some work to get them up to spec, then I had tires fitted to them earlier this week. (The tyres on the car are the originals from 2016, so I decided to replace them despite having enough meat on them.)

IMG-0475.jpg

IMG-0509.jpg

IMG-0530.jpg

I'm now waiting to for the ceramic coating I ordered from the USA to coat the wheels before I put them on the car.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Roger on Boxing Day D and, the new wheels look beautiful but they'll look even better on the truck. (Those factory wheels aren't anything to write home about.)

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I'm now waiting to for the ceramic coating I ordered from the USA to coat the wheels before I put them on the car.
I'm curious about the coating for the wheels? I have only done wheel coating once and have stayed with CARPRO DLux so far. I like it, put on both wheels and all my plastic trim.. May try Gyeon Q2 Rim next time, something tells me they are the same stuff in a different bottle :)

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Roger on Boxing Day D and, the new wheels look beautiful but they'll look even better on the truck. (Those factory wheels aren't anything to write home about.)
My truck is the base model, so basic steel wheels is part of the deal. Easy to clean though.

IMG_E1606.jpg

Because they were starting to deteriorate, I decided to find a set of alloy wheels to replace rather than repaint the steelies.

IMG-0402.jpg

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I'm curious about the coating for the wheels? I have only done wheel coating once and have stayed with CARPRO DLux so far. I like it, put on both wheels and all my plastic trim.. May try Gyeon Q2 Rim next time, something tells me they are the same stuff in a different bottle :)
I'm doing Armour Detail Supply Wheel Coating, which I used on my Falcon a few months ago.

Armour Wheel Coating – Armour Detail Supply

IMG-9317.jpg

IMG-9774.jpg

Nothing wrong with DLUX, but if want to try something new, I can highly recommend this coating for wheels. The main benefit for me personally is that it brings the slickness that is missing from DLUX. It also cures much harder in the applicator than any other coating I have used so far, to point where you will need to swap to a fresh applicator halfway.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
My truck is the base model, so basic steel wheels is part of the deal. Easy to clean though.

IMG_E1606.jpg

Because they were starting to deteriorate, I decided to find a set of alloy wheels to replace rather than repaint the steelies.

IMG-0402.jpg
LOL, my neighbor and friends all tell me "you gonna wash the paint off that thing" looks like you literally did :)

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Easy to clean though.
Yep, they've got that much going for them. :cool:

I decided to find a set of alloy wheels to replace rather than repaint the steelies.
Based on what I've learned about your personality, and mine D, It was clearly time for new wheels.

I'm doing Armour Detail Supply Wheel Coating

The main benefit for me personally is that it brings the slickness that is missing from DLUX. It also cures much harder in the applicator than any other coating I have used so far, to point where you will need to swap to a fresh applicator halfway.
I don't remember how slick DLUX was for me but it was a good while ago and, the only time I've used it since. Howevah, hearing you say how much slicker the Armour product is, I'm very interested.

I especially like hearing that the applicators get harder than most other ceramic coatings as that has to be a plus.

Just checked their site and it looks to me to be the same or nearly the same as their ceramic coating and, it sells for the same price, $80.

OK, I just found the main difference..the quartz has an SiO2 of 79% while the wheel coating is 66%. Now, thanks to you, Armour is going to be high on the list the next time I decide to polish and coat My Sarah. I have to set aside at least a week of long days taping and polishing because I'm getting too old but mostly because I, like you, have a serious case of OCD. :-)

LOL, my neighbor and friends all tell me "you gonna wash the paint off that thing"
OMG did I have a good laugh over that one, Alex! Funnier still is both my parents used to say that about me when I was a kid.

They even agreed to letting their cars sit out one winter while I had my car in one garage bay and the engine on the other. Their price for that was I had to clean the snow off of their cars every morning and warm them up. :-)

The car was the 'Cuda I think I have mentioned previously but I no longer trust my memory. <BIG grin> Here's the car that they said I would wash the paint off and after it and the vehicles that followed when I had to go away to college.

My apologies if I've posted any of these recently. Plus, I'm too lazy to check and since the traffic around here has been light, I figure almost any post with photos is welcome. <another grin>

First vehicle, a '61 Chevy Bel Air, 283/4 4-speed but it was a pig, really, although it was only $300. :cool:

1704389046767.png

Then in 1970, I stepped up to a repo'd '69 'Cuda 340 (for $2400)

1704382198006.png

Had to sell my beloved "Cuda after HS graduation and the next purchase was 1970 Triumph Bonnevile (650cc) If I recall correctly, it was $700.

1704381380243.png

Sold the bike and picked up a 1964 (if memory serves,) Ford Econoline from a junk yard. Rebuilt the six-cylinder and did a lot of the body work while my friend, the auto painter, fine tuned my bondo work and then gave her a good prime followed by metal flake blue with three coats of clear. We wet-sanded and polished it (6-inch rotary wool pads!) and the last image is yours truly putting the old Turtle Wax (I think) Black (aka shoe polish) on the tires.

1704386087853.png

1704386533382.png

1704386900744.png

Transferred to another college junior year that was five hours away and the van wasn't gonna cut it. Got a loan from my uncle and bought my first new car, a 1973 Toyota Celica for $3300 I think.

1704387393826.png

Lastly, before I left for Pensacola to attend Aviation Officer Candidate School, I ordered this car, a 1977 Datsun 280Z and the soon-to-be wife picked it up while I was still in Florida. I had her bring it back to the place where we had been staying and it had a nice garage so it did not get driven until I got commissioned on Friday and married on Sunday. Quite a weekend and after those three ball-busting months, I came home to this beauty.

My first experience with an ADM and Datsun had a GRAND on this that I had to pay if I wanted the car. (Demand for the car was way higher than supply.) Sticker was $7800, quite a markup, eh?

BTW, check out the mid '70's Mustang in the background. :-)

1704387773318.png

Sorry for the monster post and hopefully, not too many were bored. <smile> Sure miss that 'Cuda though. Put a lot of time, money, and effort into that engine rebuild with the works for the time and I heard later that the guy who bought it, blew it up shortly after the purchase.

Last edited:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Ask and ye shall receive, Martin. :-) Which kind would you like...solo vehicle or with a "friend"? ;-)

BTW, "Sarah" is a CFTP, I replaced the CF wheels with Signature SV108's.

1704354884698.png

1704354926799.png

1704355140512.png

Finally, all three photos in one.. :-)

1704355296175.png

With a "friend." <grin>

1704355405463.png
You just made my Thursday morning brighter with that sexy car and sexy gal. LOL
Sponsored