NEW TURBO KIT!!!!!! STREET SLEEPER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I'm sure you could get some shorty headers that will fix that for you no problem. There are plenty to choose from. Probably go with a 14 header set, equal length, even get them coated for like what $500?
This is a question I have. Do the passenger side shorty headers for a 2014 "end" or "collect" where the 2015 passenger side does? If so, the kooks shorty headers for 2014 look good.
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Oh, and I'm ordering a setup from Beefcake...similar enough to the LPF kit to know it will make the power I want but with a better company behind it...upgrading to the 62mm turbos that come with the main kit..

Question though...there is debate about the stock headers causeing back pressure which may (have seen first hand at 20#) cause valve lift...have you seen this at all or pushed it to the point where this has happened for you?
i like it!!

we have the kits up and live now as well!!
https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/ht-1517-ss.html

and the 18 up
https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/ht-1819-ss.html

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How? You aren't federally allowed to move the catalytic converters, california is even more strict about this, but your turbos go right where the stock cats go. That's like the most critical part for CARB approval to remain the same; the header cat assembly. So... care to explain?
The complexities of CARB legalization are much more involved than what one may learn from online resources. Rest assured we are working on a CARB legal system and we will provide updates as soon as they become available.

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
carb, don't carb. noodle, don't noodle. Let's focus on the present and see the full kit layout/design/parts in its simplest form and go from there.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The complexities of CARB legalization are much more involved than what one may learn from online resources. Rest assured we are working on a CARB legal system and we will provide updates as soon as they become available.
And now we all know why folks like Hellion.

I dont need the certification but I am interested in a kit that can use cats on it which i am assuming a kit that passes CARB would have. Definitely keep us posted.

Sponsored

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
Yes but you don't need to be in the process of approving a kit to know that external gates for example aren't going to work. A lot of companies have made this promise and then never deliver, I hope you guys are able to make it. But I'd like to know what changes from the base kit would be involved. Are you swapping to internally gated turbos? Am I going to re-weld the factory cats into a downpipe you provide? What does the intake side look like?

I'm sure time will tell, but I always like to know what's going on. If something is worth waiting for I'll certainly wait

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Oh, and I'm ordering a setup from Beefcake...similar enough to the LPF kit to know it will make the power I want but with a better company behind it...upgrading to the 62mm turbos that come with the main kit..

Question though...there is debate about the stock headers causeing back pressure which may (have seen first hand at 20#) cause valve lift...have you seen this at all or pushed it to the point where this has happened for you?
Beefcake is the man if he would take his medicine for his ADD more often. He has saved me mucho dinero. Have his # on speed dial. Thinking about ordering a drive shaft for my 2018 auto. Just not sure if I really need it.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Valve lift is suggested to just be an issue with the stock valves at high boost. The best solution is to just lower the redline or get a stiffer spring. I've heard of a few gen 3 motors having that issue on high high boost levels. Realistically you won't run into issues with these stock manifolds on a stock block. If it really is something of concer, I'm sure you could get some shorty headers that will fix that for you no problem. There are plenty to choose from. Probably go with a 14 header set, equal length, even get them coated for like what $500?
Shorty headers will not fix this problem. It has been tried. You would have to redesign the kit to a degree. Question, Do you have a 6th Gen Mustang?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Hellion
Does this kit use the same air to air intercooler as the top mount ?
Since you have so many choices for turbos,
how about a turbo delete option ?
Considering a factory 5 cobra build(or dedicated race car build ) and I have a set of 55 JB freshly rebuilt (since I upgraded my top mount kit on my 15 to 62 BB) lying around .
I am also considering an air to water intercooler upgrade for the 15 so may be I could reuse the air to air intercooler .
I already have choice of a couple of “spare motor“ I had built (don’t ever again want to go through the long down time I have experienced when a motor goes down lol) for the project .
This kit would be awesome choice of FI especially if I can re use the 55’s turbo’s and old intercooler (if I upgrade) since I suspect it would be hard to fit the top mount under the hood of a cobra replica .
Price is also right .
Not sure yet but trying to save the planet by finding use for the mountain of parts I have sitting in my garage (lots of OEM stuff - Intake’s ,struts /shocks/springs /rails /fuel pumps/MGW/ stock converter (auto if drag car )take off IRS stuff (vertical links /LCA) -even a complete 3.55 pumpkin off an auto (too weak for drag build but would be perfect in cobra replica) . Lol
It may be cheaper to just find a roller and build a dedicated race car but a 1000 hp/TT factory 5 cobra sure would be fun .
End of day dream . Lol

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I’m far from a snowflake so take what I’m about to say with a grain of salt. I hear you about the guy not even having an S550, but he does ask what sounds like some pretty decent questions (above my knowledge level). His questioning to Hellion made me think of the guys who got burned by Procharger when they bought the gen1 HO kit under the pretense it was in for CARB approval and that they would get their CARB stickers as soon as it passed, only to find out it failed the testing and PC had to redesign the kit leaving some guys with cars that couldn’t be registered because they required the CARB cert. just my two cents.
Which is understandable. Hopefully PC made that right. However, his approach is pretty much way out in left field which folks took exception to.

Coming from Commiefornia, I'm familiar with the CARB process and I tried getting an EO at one time. Not really sure where he is coming from and personally don't care if they use a catalytic converter that installs in the radiator (yes that is ridiculous, it was meant sarcastically). At the end of the day it matters whether or not Hellion gets the cert or not. CARB is a PIA, anyone willing to go through the trouble of attempting to work with those people deserve a medal.

With that said, I'm only interested in the process as I would like a car that doesn't smell like raw exhaust. It will likely limit what the turbo system can do overall; however, I'm not going for an 8 second quarter mile. Having a system that produces power and doesn't stink doing it is what I rather have. Having someone go through and vet the system using compatible equipment saves me the hassle of spec'ing this out myself.

Sponsored

francisco511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What is the PBD single ECU calibration. Is that just a start up tune or a full tune?

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Loving this new kit and the blacked out appearance. Wondering if I purchase would there be an option to run the same coldside pipe (top of intercooler to throttle body) that comes with normal Hellion kit? I only ask because I already have a fore fuel system and where the regulator is mounted the stock airbox would get in the way. Glad to see this more affordable option, thanks Hellion !

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Loving this new kit and the blacked out appearance. Wondering if I purchase would there be an option to run the same coldside pipe (top of intercooler to throttle body) that comes with normal Hellion kit? I only ask because I already have a fore fuel system and where the regulator is mounted the stock airbox would get in the way. Glad to see this more affordable option, thanks Hellion !
Yeah, the blackout package looks pretty sinister! Customers can opt for the original system's intake tube at no additional cost.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
You guys are ruining a good thread with your bickering. Let my Abq vendor have a clean thread for once.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.