Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
You guys are ruining a good thread with your bickering. Let my Abq vendor have a clean thread for once.
How are they ruining it? Scroll up or down. Its easy. Just take a deep breath as I do. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Their dialog adds nothing, a waste of bits.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Do we have an ignore list now?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
@ Hellion:

There are guys and gals who drive a certain Mustang that has numbers behind the GT! Would love to see some stuff for our vehicles.....

Sponsored

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
would it be possible to use 2014 kooks shorty headers for this kit? If you need a driver side, would the passenger side from 2014 also work?.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
would it be possible to use 2014 kooks shorty headers for this kit? If you need a driver side, would the passenger side from 2014 also work?.
Hello.

You can use a 2011-2014 header on the driver side, but the Passenger side needs to be a 2015+ specific. You cannot fit a 2011-14 passenger header into a 2015.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Could you please share installation instructions?

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
This kit has the WG open. Our Top mount Eliminator kit is recirculated.
can you elaborate on this? i'm not familiar enough with new turbo systems to know exactly what this means. does it mean when the wastegate opens it exhausts to atmosphere and not into the down stream exhaust system? I find this kit very appealing but dont want that kind of noise when wastegate is cycling.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
can you elaborate on this? i'm not familiar enough with new turbo systems to know exactly what this means. does it mean when the wastegate opens it exhausts to atmosphere and not into the down stream exhaust system? I find this kit very appealing but dont want that kind of noise when wastegate is cycling.
Correct.

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I dont understand why people get so bent outta shape about using stock exhaust manifolds.

Hellions made 1k whp over and over again with stock manifolds.

But hey bigger TBs are all the rage on blower cars why dont people complain that the hellion kit needs a bigger TB too?

Simple the kit doesnt need it not does it need a monster TB upgrade either.......

So I was sitting at home last night thinking of this sleeper kit and then the light bulb went off in my head and I thought how badass would this kit be while still keeping the Cobra Jet manifold on my car........ 8k rpm twin turbo boosted goodness!!

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Why do any upgrade if the stock car still gets you from a to b. It's all about upgrading parts that can be upgraded. If I have to replace the exhaust manifold for some reason, why go from stock to stock. I don't expect it to give me any magical increase in performance. It is just another part that could potentially be improved with an aftermarket piece.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Sure but when its trying to mod a proven kit that easily makes way more than the engine csn handle then why?

Built engine fully built car by all means do whatever you need but for those making 1k or less why bother?

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Again. If that's the case, then why does hellion offer multiple turbo options when the cast wheel works just fine. Why the basani exhaust option? Why the $2.8k return fuel system? Just because 'X' works doesn't mean you have to stop at that. Nobody is getting bent out of shape, we just ask questions about other options that might work with the kit. That is usually the point of a forum.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Why do any upgrade if the stock car still gets you from a to b. It's all about upgrading parts that can be upgraded. If I have to replace the exhaust manifold for some reason, why go from stock to stock. I don't expect it to give me any magical increase in performance. It is just another part that could potentially be improved with an aftermarket piece.
I get where you are coming from but I have to question the logic a bit. This is the same as a voltage booster versus a new fuel pump. Its the same argument whether you keep the stock exhaust over a catback. Some folks have tighter budgets than others. I guess the principle of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here for Hellion. For others, like yourself, if I'm going to do it, "I'm doing it all or nothing at all" seems to apply which cries more of a custom system rather than an off the shelf solution. Nothing wrong with either approach. At the end of the day, it really has to do with your goals and how much strain your wallet can sustain.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.