2022 Mustang GT

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I tried the foam thing with the Carpro Reset I didnt get the results I wanted. I am assuming I got the concentration wrong. So Now I just use the bucket wash with microfiber washcloth with CarPro Reset. It works excellent and contrary to what I hear the Diablo Wheel cleaner works really well on my HP wheels.

I use two of these chemical guys drying towel and I smile just like this guy on how easy it is to dry the car now.

1716319129544-a5.png

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I tried the foam thing with the Carpro Reset I didnt get the results I wanted. I am assuming I got the concentration wrong. So Now I just use the bucket wash with microfiber washcloth with CarPro Reset. It works excellent and contrary to what I hear the Diablo Wheel cleaner works really well on my HP wheels.

I use two of these chemical guys drying towel and I smile just like this guy on how easy it is to dry the car now.

1716319129544-a5.png
I used to use their towels (Wooly Mammoth). Beware they degrade quickly and start leaving lint and little fibers everywhere. And I only wash my microfibers in P&S Rags to Riches, so the good stuff. The Rag Company Gauntlet towels are much higher quality IMO

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I used to use their towels (Wooly Mammoth). Beware they degrade quickly and start leaving lint and little fibers everywhere. And I only wash my microfibers in P&S Rags to Riches, so the good stuff. The Rag Company Gauntlet towels are much higher quality IMO
:like: are you talking about this?

1716328508064-xe.png

1716328565146-ot.png

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I also have this one. Also very good, just a little different kind of towel. With towels and rags, I like to use like colors as my paint (just a weird quirk of mine). I do make an exception for the Gauntlet though

https://a.co/d/fOifS2g

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I also have this one. Also very good, just a little different kind of towel. With towels and rags, I like to use like colors as my paint (just a weird quirk of mine). I do make an exception for the Gauntlet though

https://a.co/d/fOifS2g
I tried the Liquid8r and the Twist and shout both, not a fan of the pure twist loop weave. The hybrid Gauntlet is amazing. That said, the Gyeon Silk Dryer Evo, It is a twist loop but I LOVE that one. I bought two of them. They are EXPENSIVE but they are huge and very easy to use...

https://www.amazon.com/GYEON-Q²M-Si...4&sprefix=gyeon+silk+dryer+evo,aps,119&sr=8-1

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP1 Royal Crimson
I am the same CarPro Reset is awesome and a little goes a long way. Also another great product is P&S Pearl car shampoo. Ditch the Chemical Guys as everyone has said they are just a fantastic marketing company with mediocre product at best.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
1. There is a trick to using anything Chemical Guys make. To get the best results, take the bottle, throw it in the trash can, and buy literally fucking anything else. After testing everything under the sun, i settled on nearly all CarPro products. They are a big name for a reason, their shit just works. I think the only non carpro stuff i use are brake blaster and gyeon wet coat
:cwl:

Couldn't have said it better.

4. most importantly, as cool as it is, the foam cannon really does nothing a high pressure rinse wont do. Only time i would say its worth it is for a yearly high pH rinse to really strip it down before you prep it for the season.
When using a pH 7.5 (neutral) soap up to about pH 10.0, I would agree with you. Once you reach above that, you significantly increase the ability of the soap as a pre-wash cleanser.

But, there are ramifications to doing that on a regular basis. The only exception to that seems to be Bilt Hamber Touchless, which is extremely effective as a foam and rinse touchless cleaner, without jacking up your protection or rubber trims. For the average car enthusiast who washes regularly, you really don't need to be using such an aggressive product though.

Bilt Hamber Touch-Less | Snow Foam | Car Wash Soap | Obsessed Garage

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
:like: are you talking about this?

1716328508064-xe.png

1716328565146-ot.png
The BEST drying towels and microfiber detergent on the market!

If you are using a blower before towel drying, you will only need the medium version. I use the small for wheels.

The Gauntlet Microfiber Drying Towel | The Rag Company

Actually, I wish TRC would make a 16 x 16 version of the Gauntlet, for me that is the ideal size. Microfiber Madness have just the thing, which I have been using a lot lately. These feature the same hybrid weave, but in a more manageable 16 x 16 size.

Microfiber Madness Chipmunk Edgeless Jr. (16" x 16") - Skys The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I tried the Liquid8r and the Twist and shout both, not a fan of the pure twist loop weave. The hybrid Gauntlet is amazing. That said, the Gyeon Silk Dryer Evo, It is a twist loop but I LOVE that one. I bought two of them. They are EXPENSIVE but they are huge and very easy to use...

https://www.amazon.com/GYEON-Q²M-Silk-Dryer-EVO/dp/B0CNKTY4YY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=30OUSJQ9NQY08&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.SgvgIynOG7PwP1ZF5cx7UhUhYQTQhKoMQQO_3spv_hMHhWcDru7lZ1Axk7BkrsDkbQdJmXYUD1vpMjHZpQ4AUsnaRlNRfAVI5G7azyWi8lY.PbGmvwjALqQwcYmNyp3pMadkcLqgced9UNdv0VVdqSU&dib_tag=se&keywords=gyeon+silk+dryer+evo&qid=1716330814&sprefix=gyeon+silk+dryer+evo,aps,119&sr=8-1
I tried to like twist loop towels but found them too grabby. No doubt they are the most absorbent, but they feel wrong.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I tried to like twist loop towels but found them too grabby. No doubt they are the most absorbent, but they feel wrong.
Exactly how I would describe them. That said, the Gyeon Silk dryer Evo is very nice. It is only twist loop on one side and a smooth sort of weave on the other, can't exactly describe what it is. But it works. My favorite for Rinseless wash removal by far, its not very thick GSM wise but it is a HUGE towel so you have to be careful not to drag the ground when doing rocker panels :) . A bit of Slick and Slide or Elixir applied and it glides and works really well..

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Just to clarify, I foam, rinse, and then hand wash.
Ahhhh, my mistake, Brian.

Actually, I wish TRC would make a 16 x 16 version of the Gauntlet
Funny what an obsessive brain will do, eh D? I have no idea why I like "square" towels but it's a thing in my OCD brain. <smile>

OP
OP
blankman

blankman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT Nite Pony
I'm sitting here drinking a beer after work and wondering what in discussion hell have I opened here. Still appreciate all the replies and info and honestly telling me an idiot for prior decisions. I can accept the criticism , so I appreciate everybody's responses and such.

So I will be sorting through everything as far as options, opinions, facts, spreadsheets, There are spreadsheets right? Techniques, products, ph balance, clay or no clay, anti glazing stuff, nobody has mentioned glass cleaner..what the heck guys/gals.

From what I have quickly learned. Chemical Guys sucks a big one, my neighbors a liar and see that now. Although the wash bucket I bought as the kit doesn't leak and there is a top. I filled it half way and shook the fuck outa it, no leaks. The cheap bucket with a cover is top notch. Thank you overseas manufacturers.

I'm going to throw throw the 1.1 orifice in my foam cannon and see how it works. Will be a mid week wash of just that and spraying to see how it does. I've been looking at the coochie gentle snow foam (ph neutral) as recommended. So I might try that next. (I spelled that wrong on purpose fyi).

I've seen the links on the drying towels, so im going to look into those. I also am looking at a short snub gun with quick connects and a new hose for the pressure washer , with quick disconnects. I can't stand having to move stuff around to accommodate for a short baby hose and gun I don't need to use.
I might have glossed over some things, but I don't have a dedicated barrel brush to get the inside of my painted wheels without removing them.

EDIT:: I forgot to ask, what type of tips do yall use for pressure washer? I think I need to order some.
Sponsored

Last edited: