Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
i dont think the 2018 is going to change much.. like others have said similar to the 11-12 to 13-14 change. and the shelby car might look different than both
they already confirmed a facelift for 18, thats expected. ford would have to release the mustang before a shelby one was released, because then the ford one wouldnt mean anything. look back to twin turbos post on the second page, shelby american still has 2 models to release in 17. im guessing this is one of them.
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Embargo is lifted next week (Tuesday?) for the 18 Mustang so it most likely WILL be a 2018 model Shelby.

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
Thing is, if their hashtags are to be taken literally:

#50Years
#Snakebite
#TheLegendReturns

It has to be the return of a nameplate used in 1967.

Little Red? (this was the pre-cursor to the California Special)
I know your other post says it isn't the GT500, but a GT500 would fit the hashtags. The first GT500 was in 1967 too.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
i would think ford would need to reveal the 18MY first before shelby american releases a version :shrug: im still stuck on the fact that its shelby american posting it. im not getting my hopes up
Hasn't Shelby America been doing badges and bumpers on outgoing years? GTE?

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Embargo is lifted next week (Tuesday?) for the 18 Mustang so it most likely WILL be a 2018 model Shelby.
I guess if the 350 remains the same for 2018, its possible they have been working together. You would think Ford would unveil it.

Sponsored

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Considering this is from Shelby American Inc., I'd bet that it is a remake of an "AC Cobra" type car, or the Shelby Series 1 will make a return.
It specifically says "Shelby Mustang" and that silhouette is the exact same one used when Ford revealed the GT350 a few years ago. And I don't think the Series 1 is something Shelby EVER wants to repeat...

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My guess is Ford will show the new standard Mustang (EcoBoost and GT) and Shelby will show the Shelby GT, the lower end of their range.

Matte Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've talked at length with a buddy of mine at Shelby and he told me they spent A LOT of time with CAD and are basically redesigning the entire car from an appearance stand point. Should look completely different than the standard road going car S550. That's really all he would tell me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
My guess is Ford will show the new standard Mustang (EcoBoost and GT) and Shelby will show the Shelby GT, the lower end of their range.
But that's where the GTE sits now. That was their "cheap" entry level as it can be equipped with either the Ecoboost or V8 :shrug:

I guess they could reveal it as a facelifted version, but I doubt.....it's just too soon.

It's the 50th Anniversary hashtag that tells me it has to be an old nameplate.

T-Bone68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP
Maybe the return of the pre-titled Shelby GT, sold through Ford dealers again? Maybe that was the reason for the GT to GTE switch this year?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
so more overpriced shelby cars that you can build yourself and save $20k+

how many editions they gonna have? I guess some one keeps buying them lol.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
But that's where the GTE sits now. That was their "cheap" entry level as it can be equipped with either the Ecoboost or V8 :shrug:

I guess they could reveal it as a facelifted version, but I doubt.....it's just too soon.

It's the 50th Anniversary hashtag that tells me it has to be an old nameplate.
Maybe this time, Ford does GT500 and Shelby does the KR.

The 50th anniversary of the GT500 will have come and passed as the 2017 model year run is already almost over, but the 50th anniversary of the GT500KR would fall in line with 2018.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OMG - can anyone state again, more so, maybe just a few more billion times that:

"The image used was the GT350 that Ford used a few years ago!"

I mean holy hell, does ANYONE actually read the responses in a thread before they reply??!!

Stop already....

------

As others have said too, if Shelby American is claiming the vehicle is a reemergence of a Classic "Shelby Mustang" from 50yrs ago - and if it's being revealed in 2017, the initial unveiling 50yrs ago would have to be a 1967 (insert model name here)...

BUT....with the reveal occurring the week of Jan 19 and AFTER a supposed embargo lifting it would be a 2018 model reveal, then it would have been originally born in 1968 - which by all guesses would be the GT500KR. The GT500KR is currently absent from the current Mustang product line.

The S550 GT350 already exists.
The S550 GT350R already exists.
The S550 Shelby Hertz Rent-A-Racer already exists.

No one cares about a 67-retro GT350 being brought back in 2017, PLUS the name plate is already being used, so there won't be (3) "GT350's" for an S550 model line.

:)

Cheers
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.