Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The thing is that Shelby American doesn't have the expertise to develop any improvement on the GT350.

All they develop are Shelby stickers and badges and cheesy body panels. The actual performance parts they use are all developed by others, including Ford Performance.

To a degree, yes.

Although they did develop, for example, the oil cooler on behalf of Ford, for those GT350 base and tech packs that were suffering transmission overheating.

That's my fear though. There's not that much further you can take a GT350 without:

A - Upgrading the Voodoo internals (other than the Shelby 1000, Shelby don't crack open to mess with internals)

B - Adding a supercharger. Whilst there are some that have tried this aftermarket, I'm not sure the Voodoo is really suited to FI

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
OK......from someone I trust, this isn't a GT500. No other clues though.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
How about GT350S or GT/SC is they decide to offer a blown GT350 as a post title package?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thing is, if their hashtags are to be taken literally:

#50Years
#Snakebite
#TheLegendReturns

It has to be the return of a nameplate used in 1967.

Little Red? (this was the pre-cursor to the California Special)

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
We all know its going to be a hideous looking gt350 with a gold color grill and weird hood.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
the #50years hashtag only makes sense if its a gt500. also considering they used the same silhouette as the gt350, gives some resonance of what they already have done. i REALLY hope they dont waste a legendary name, quite possibly the most legendary name in automotive history on some post production lipstick and push-up bra job. however, it wouldnt surprise me because shelby american has been really hit or miss, and after hitting so hard with the gt350, i wouldnt be surprised if this was a miss. didnt they already make some jackwagon shelby knock off a while back called something stupid(not the super snake)? edit: the shelby GTE. waste of an effort, IMHO
Not sure why you comparing what Ford w/Shelby name did with GT350 vs. aftermarket of Shelby American with GTE. Ford partnered on 350. The Shelby's from Ford with Shelby name have been the bomb.com. Shelby American has not hit with aftermarket except with the SuperSnake IMO. SA in Vegas has been over-priced and the GTE showed that. It seems when sold by Ford, it is great. Nothing great coming out of Vegas. Just badges, bumpers and supercharger. Shelby might upgrade the GT350 to GT500 with a SC and make it 100K. Not interested.
:cheers:

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Not sure why you comparing what Ford w/Shelby name did with GT350 vs. aftermarket of Shelby American with GTE. Ford partnered on 350. The Shelby's from Ford with Shelby name have been the bomb.com. Shelby American has not hit with aftermarket except with the SuperSnake IMO. SA in Vegas has been over-priced and the GTE showed that. It seems when sold by Ford, it is great. Nothing great coming out of Vegas. Just badges, bumpers and supercharger. Shelby might upgrade the GT350 to GT500 with a SC and make it 100K. Not interested.

the post itself is from shelby american.... so thats why i mentioned the GTE. i love the gt350 and everything about it, they did an amazing job. i was trying to state that its shelby american posting the release, not ford. im scared that shelby american will pop out some bolt on dumptruck and use it as an excuse to say they made a gt500...like they did with the supersnake, because if there isnt a gt500, how can they make a gt500 supersnake? i just hate what its become, as i am a classic mustang purist and loved what shelby used to be.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Thing is, if their hashtags are to be taken literally:

#50Years
#Snakebite
#TheLegendReturns

It has to be the return of a nameplate used in 1967.

Little Red? (this was the pre-cursor to the California Special)
holy fcvking hell... i would lose my shit if they made a little red tribute(but id be pissed if it was a crap job lol). my dad built his 67 gta coupe in the early 90s as a tribute to little red, that is my favorite mustang of all time. the green hornet is a close second :thumbsup: however, little red is so unknown and only people that have really researched mustang history would even have a clue what it was.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
could be something like a Shelby K.R. again? thinking standard gt souped up. unless they have a new engine with like direct port injection or something

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
could be something like a Shelby K.R. again? thinking standard gt souped up. unless they have a new engine with like direct port injection or something
KR was 68'

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
if theyre unveiling a 2018 MY car would make sense no?
i would think ford would need to reveal the 18MY first before shelby american releases a version :shrug: im still stuck on the fact that its shelby american posting it. im not getting my hopes up

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i would think ford would need to reveal the 18MY first before shelby american releases a version :shrug: im still stuck on the fact that its shelby american posting it. im not getting my hopes up
i dont think the 2018 is going to change much.. like others have said similar to the 11-12 to 13-14 change. and the shelby car might look different than both
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.