Sponsored

New Product Release: FFTEC MAX! Performance Turbo System for the Mustang Ecoboost!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
While concocting one's own gas is all good and fine, for a true DD I've always insisted 91 octane capable. Drive cross country w/o searching for special pumps or additives. This being said, the 7163 curves look pretty damn nice for a mild auto 3.15 car like I've been thinking of.

As an aside...I don't see why I can't have a kit that makes 500 lb ft off idle, while making 500 hp at 6500, on 87 octane, for $2000...jeez...;)
Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
While concocting one's own gas is all good and fine, for a true DD I've always insisted 91 octane capable. Drive cross country w/o searching for special pumps or additives. This being said, the 7163 curves look pretty damn nice for a mild auto 3.15 car like I've been thinking of.

As an aside...I don't see why I can't have a kit that makes 500 lb ft off idle, while making 500 hp at 6500, on 87 octane, for $2000...jeez...;)
If you want just the kit for $2000 that will do that there's always nitrous... Your engine will be very unhappy with you though. ;)

On a serious note, the good thing about the AP is that you can use different octane for the different switchable map slots.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
That would be good. Any suggestions for a small but better than stock turbo? I haven't seen any.
You can have the stock turbo worked some. I'm currently looking into a similar option. This might end up working out to be a very affordable option.

e30 tune is an extremely good option for a relatively cheap price.
This cannot be overstated, if E85 is readily available near you.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
You can have the stock turbo worked some. I'm currently looking into a similar option. This might end up working out to be a very affordable option.

This cannot be overstated, if E85 is readily available near you.
That's a good point about E85. I was running it on my previous car for 3 years or so and I got absolutely sick of it. Mainly due to the hassle and the baggage that comes with E85.

The biggest selling points for me on this kit is a few things;
-Nice power on pump gas which is exactly what I want.
-Twin Scroll
-Internally Gated
-A strong horsepower curve

I truly believe this will be an extremely reliable setup.

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1992 Eagle Talon, Porsche 944 Turbo
Good points all around. Also keep in mind that the state of tuning for our turbo kit is still relatively new. I'm interested to see what other tuners can do with this hardware once it becomes more common.

The EFR7064 is a great option for those looking for a strong turbo with stock-like spoolup, excellent reliability and a wide power band. Both the EFR7064 and EFR7670 are two of the quickest spooling, most responsive turbos available. The watercooled ball bearing center cartridge is proven reliable while still being capable of supporting 550/ 650HP. Plan ahead when picking which turbo you want. This platform is advancing quickly, you never know what will happen in the next month or two.

Sponsored

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
Is the price on the kit any different if you were to opt for the 7064 instead of the big turbo? IMO it has the best curve (all top end is only useful for drag).

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Good points all around. Also keep in mind that the state of tuning for our turbo kit is still relatively new. I'm interested to see what other tuners can do with this hardware once it becomes more common.

The EFR7064 is a great option for those looking for a strong turbo with stock-like spoolup, excellent reliability and a wide power band. Both the EFR7064 and EFR7670 are two of the quickest spooling, most responsive turbos available. The watercooled ball bearing center cartridge is proven reliable while still being capable of supporting 550/ 650HP. Plan ahead when picking which turbo you want. This platform is advancing quickly, you never know what will happen in the next month or two.
Good advice on planning ahead Dave. Which is why I'm personally going with a larger turbo than the ones that come standard with the kit. I'm good with the slower spool-up for now knowing that in the future I have plenty of room to grow.

AngelOreo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JimmyG
Vehicle(s)
2015 - Ecoboost Premium - 6mt - Deep Impact
I'm good with the slower spool-up for now knowing that in the future I have plenty of room to grow.
As a non-PP model, manual Trans, I wonder if upgrading myself to 3.55's would be a decent benefit in order to get into the RPM range quicker, ergo, into boost quicker. I have been told 3.73's would be too steep for this transmission especially given is will be a DD 98% of the time. Thoughts on going from 3.31 to 3.55?

Even as a DD, I do have to admit I like the idea of having room to grow in case my plans change 2-3 years from now, hence the "planning ahead" in regards to a small step up in gearing.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
As a non-PP model, manual Trans, I wonder if upgrading myself to 3.55's would be a decent benefit in order to get into the RPM range quicker, ergo, into boost quicker. I have been told 3.73's would be too steep for this transmission especially given is will be a DD 98% of the time. Thoughts on going from 3.31 to 3.55?

Even as a DD, I do have to admit I like the idea of having room to grow in case my plans change 2-3 years from now, hence the "planning ahead" in regards to a small step up in gearing.
I don't think the 3.55's would be a big enough upgrade to be worth it. The 3.73s would be fine with a bigger turbo and more rpm (need some valve train tweaking to get there).

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
Can FFtec or someone that knows, clarify the two FFTec dyno sheets pls. I'd like to know what turbo and what mods the cars has.
I can tell you exactly what the top dyno sheets car has, cause it is mine, (bolt on car with E30 MAP tune) and the bottom dyno sheet is MAP's from the 5858 turbo kit,
Thx

Sponsored

LStillman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
M4dSc1ent1st
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Can FFtec or someone that knows, clarify the two FFTec dyno sheets pls. I'd like to know what turbo and what mods the cars has.
I can tell you exactly what the top dyno sheets car has, cause it is mine, (bolt on car with E30 MAP tune) and the bottom dyno sheet is MAP's from the 5858 turbo kit,
Thx
This is EFR 7163 B1 Frame turbo

This is EFR 8374 B2 frame turbo

This is map's 5858 turbo

Keep in mind when looking at these dyno sheets neither of the EFR turbos are close to being maxed out. As far as the precision unit without a compressor map which they don't provide who knows.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Keep in mind when looking at these dyno sheets neither of the EFR turbos are close to being maxed out. As far as the precision unit without a compressor map which they don't provide who knows.
I think its also worth noting that FFTEC uses a lower reading mustang dyno as well. The difference is usually between 10-13% vs a dynojet.

AngelOreo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JimmyG
Vehicle(s)
2015 - Ecoboost Premium - 6mt - Deep Impact
As far as the precision unit without a compressor map which they don't provide who knows.
What is a compressor map and how would it help us differentiate?

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
I think its also worth noting that FFTEC uses a lower reading mustang dyno as well. The difference is usually between 10-13% vs a dynojet.
Look at the top of the first dyno graph, it states Dyno Jet.

I think you are right, they have a Mustang dyno, this must have been dyno'd somewhere else. Not that it matters much, the numbers are nice. Would be nice to know what supporting Mods the car has and what kind or fuel they used. CA. 91 octane pump gas?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.