Sponsored

New Product Release: FFTEC MAX! Performance Turbo System for the Mustang Ecoboost!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
It's been a long time coming, but I we are happy to release our turbo system for the 2015 MEB!

Click the link below for an interactive version of the image(s) posted.

http://conta.cc/1Jfvqea

:cheers:
Sponsored

LStillman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
M4dSc1ent1st
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
First!!!

Finally an offering for a EFR turbo. And reasonably priced.

Does the turbo discharge pipe fit same location as plastic factory piece?
Also pictures of the exhaust manifold and downpipe would be nice.

Also would like to see a dyno graph for the 7670. The 8374 seems to be a little on the big side for a daily driver/autox car 7163 or 7670 would be the better choice here I think.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Anthony@FFtec

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
First!!!

Finally an offering for a EFR turbo. And reasonably priced.

Does the turbo discharge pipe fit same location as plastic factory piece?
Also pictures of the exhaust manifold and downpipe would be nice.

Also would like to see a dyno graph for the 7670. The 8374 seems to be a little on the big side for a daily driver/autox car 7163 or 7670 would be the better choice here I think.
The discharge pipe is configured to output into a "factory intercooler" location. For obvious reasons, we don't suggest using an OEM intercooler, but rather one of our 2 upgrade options.

Ill grab some photos of the hardware for you soon. The units are currently in production.

I have no graph of the 7670 at the moment. We tested the 7163, and the 8374 as baselines. Its easy to get the idea of where the 7064 and 7670 will lay between the two. Smaller you go, better low end TQ/HP ... Larger = more lag but much more top end fun!

Ill dig for graphs of the 7163. We are planning to fit it back onto the car within the next week or two.

How much power without the upgraded turbo?
How much for the turbo upgrade?
Power output is dependent on many factors. So I couldn't give you a figure. This is not a 'turn-key' solution; it is solid hardware for you to build on further if you choose. It will be up to making wise part choices, proper turbo selection for your power goal, and ultimately an great calibration to yield the best results. Anywhere from an easy 350HP to 600HP is possible ;).

As for price -- It's the difference between the offered turbo options and the upgraded turbo price. :)

Anthony

PS. ALL PM's replied! Keep em coming!

Last edited:

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Are the above dyno numbers on stock internals? Was anything else added other than the turbo kit?

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT
I'd love to upgrade the turbocharger but I dont think it's something a daily driver would be able to take full advantage of.

That's how I'm rationalizing it at least. And it's not working!

I wish I had boatloads of cash to spend on this car.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
What would the price difference be between the 7163, 7670, and the 8374?

OP
OP
Anthony@FFtec

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
Are the above dyno numbers on stock internals? Was anything else added other than the turbo kit?
The above power is on forged internals. We have been pushing this car very hard; and that is an understatement.

The risk of ruining a perfectly good engine assembly out of ignorance is not something we would be proud to show, or hold as a record :)

What we believe to be a safe power limit on the stock bottom end would be around 400HP/TQ.

The hardware is absolutely capable of more for the fearless and daring! :thumbsup:

I'd love to upgrade the turbocharger but I dont think it's something a daily driver would be able to take full advantage of.

That's how I'm rationalizing it at least. And it's not working!

I wish I had boatloads of cash to spend on this car.
You'd be wrong if you believed that the 7064 or 7670 were not "a daily drivers turbo" ... ha!

What would the price difference be between the 7163, 7670, and the 8374?
I'll need to post the concise numbers tomorrow.

Anthony

Sponsored

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT
The above power is on forged internals. We have been pushing this car very hard; and that is an understatement.

The risk of ruining a perfectly good engine assembly out of ignorance is not something we would be proud to show, or hold as a record :)

What we believe to be a safe power limit on the stock bottom end would be around 400HP/TQ.

The hardware is absolutely capable of more for the fearless and daring! :thumbsup:

You'd be wrong if you believed that the 7064 or 7670 were not "a daily drivers turbo" ... ha!

Anthony

Sssshhhhh!

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Very nice!! Can't wait to see the dyno graphs on the different turbo options.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Congrats on the release guys! Can't wait till I see what it can do first hand.

AngelOreo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JimmyG
Vehicle(s)
2015 - Ecoboost Premium - 6mt - Deep Impact
I'll need to post the concise numbers tomorrow.

Anthony
I am hoping you will elaborate for me... please. Trying to learn and absorb all I can.
I have\had this same concern. Only because as I mentioned to another before, daily drivers can be tough to run out the gears due to everyday driving situations. Traffic, Single lane roads with lots of lights. Seems like as a DD we might have trouble, especially with stock 3.31 gears to get the car over 3500 and keep it where it needs to be from gear to gear without having to sitting above 3500 at all times. Not sure I said that correctly. The one perk of our current turbo is that it does spool so quick, it is useful immediately, relatively speaking. I do realize it it dies off quick, but unless tracking it, I do not understand how my DD life will benefit.

DO not misunderstand. I will take an upgraded turbo when I get the car broken in and money in teh future, but I am seeking your wisdom here as I am relatively new to the modification process.

I am hoping you will elaborate for me... please. Trying to learn and absorb all I can. Please forgive me if anything sounded impolite or disrespectful, definitely not my intent. :D I suck with words sometimes.

JimmyG
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.