New LTH installed, question

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
Good morning guys! I just had a pair of stainless works off road long tube headers installed yesterday. I'm in love with the sound, much louder than I anticipated. I do want to ask a few questions here in hopes you guys can steer me in the right direction. I've noticed the exhaust coming out pretty heavily on one side of the vehicle. For instance, this morning, it was coming out more on the passenger side but yesterday it was coming out more on driver side. I'm wondering if this is normal? The smell is putrid obviously.

Here are a few more details about the car. I have these long tube headers and roush cat back so there's that. Additionally, I'm tuned by Lund on 93. The catback exhaust came months ago as the first upgrade, then a tune, and now the headers. I'm being told that there shouldn't be a need for a re-tune. I've read that I should keep the cabin on circulating mode which does help with the smell within.

All in all, I'm wondering if this is "normal." I scoured through it seems like a hundred videos on youtube prior to meet getting headers and I haven't seen any that look like my issue. I don't hear any clicking or clacking or dinging from within. I'm going back tomorrow to the mechanic just to do a spot check on tightening of nuts, bolts, etc... Any guidance or advice is greatly appreciated!

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’ve seen that on my other cars where one appears to have more flow than the other. Normal to me...

What’s up with your flashing taillights? Is that an aftermarket thing?

OP
OP
slick_rick_

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
I’ve seen that on my other cars where one appears to have more flow than the other. Normal to me...

What’s up with your flashing taillights? Is that an aftermarket thing?
It only flashes like that when I video sadly. Does look pretty neat though lol

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Can you raise the car and check for leaks on the driver’s side? Maybe some of the exhaust is escaping at a connection before it exits at the rear.

OP
OP
slick_rick_

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
Can you raise the car and check for leaks on the driver’s side? Maybe some of the exhaust is escaping at a connection before it exits at the rear.
I don't have the ability to raise it myself sadly.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I don't have the ability to raise it myself sadly.
Do you know anyone that has a set of drive on ramps? If so, you could drive onto the ramps and gain enough clearance To slide underneath and check. If you don't have access to a set of ramps, it might be a good idea to invest in a set to at least check the exhaust connections for tightness. I torqued all of mine down when I did my header install and after a few hundred miles of driving, put the car back on jack stands and rechecked everything. Every single exhaust connection had to be retorqued. I checked them again after driving a few hundred more miles and found that they had held their torque settings.

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
I had my LTH installed about 60 days ago. I'm running Flowmaster Outlaws and the smell is terrible. LOL. I was hoping it would dye down a bit once I got some mileage on the car..nope. Still stinks to high hell. It's also stupid loud, so probably going to try a new muffler setup...with actual mufflers.

Mine smokes more out of 1 pipe than the other but I didn't think anything of it. Confirmed with tuner that no re-tune was needed for LTH.

Having some suspension work done in the upcoming weeks, so I'll have them check the connections for piece of mind.

OP
OP
slick_rick_

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
Do you know anyone that has a set of drive on ramps? If so, you could drive onto the ramps and gain enough clearance To slide underneath and check. If you don't have access to a set of ramps, it might be a good idea to invest in a set to at least check the exhaust connections for tightness. I torqued all of mine down when I did my header install and after a few hundred miles of driving, put the car back on jack stands and rechecked everything. Every single exhaust connection had to be retorqued. I checked them again after driving a few hundred more miles and found that they had held their torque settings.
I have a floor jack and jack stands on the way so being able to check my car in the future won't be an issue. I'm going to go back tomorrow and have him look and retighten. Still looks abnormal to me compared to a lot of other videos I've seen with similar setups.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Lund has said over and over that an 18 and up car tuned will need a revision to add longtubes

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Lund has said over and over that an 18 and up car tuned will need a revision to add longtubes
Lund literally told me last month when I put my headers on I won’t need a tune.

5967A998-8D24-40B2-BE43-B2B2DD5E31C1.jpeg
Sponsored