Sponsored

NEW LTH/CP-e Exhaust

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I recently got my hands on a new exhaust system for the 15-17 GT's.

http://longtubeheaders.com/store-long-tube-headers/

It is branded LTH (Long Tube Headers) and is essentially made by CP-e. For those not familiar with CP-e, they have been making products for the past 13 years or so for the Mazdaspeed, BMW, and other direct injected platforms. You might have seen their fuel rails and top hat for the s550 already, but anyways, I used their products on my Ecoboost and the quality is top tier.

The exhaust comes in multiple configurations. I have the full x-pipe, mid-pipes, and axle back. Basically a full cat back. You can get just the x-pipe and it will bolt into the stock resonator's place. You can then add the mid-pipes, then the cat-back as your budget allows. Every piece can be used alone or together with the other parts. It bolts up to stock headers/deletes and their longtube headers (review coming).

The tips are welded on, so choose wisely- silver or black finish. I opted for black on my car. They look great.

PACKAGING- This stuff is packed right! Sturdy boxes with plenty of expanded foam blocking to keep it from rattling around. A+

INITIAL IMPRESSION- Having previously owned their race exhaust, I knew what I was getting as far as surface finish and over all build quality. I was still very impressed with the look of this exhaust when it was fully revealed. A+

QUALITY- It's stainless, welds are perfect, no slag inside the pipes, looks like a winner so far in quality. I did not weigh the exhaust, but I will say it is substantially lighter than the stock exhaust and in general it is very light. I may have to recheck the packaging to see what Fed-Ex thought about the weight and add it in.

FINISH- They call it "Titan" finish. It looks and feels almost like a bead blasted finish that leave a very silky, velvety-like finish on the metal. It's not paint and won't cook off. My other exhaust maintained this finish and gained the classic stainless patina with heat. A+

FIT- This is the easiest exhaust install I have done. I have installed 6 different brands. The metal finish, expanded ends, and dead on design made this a breeze. Easily the fastest install as well. I put it on and zero leaks the first time. The design does leave plenty of room for adjustment in all the right places if needed. A+

SOUND- I really dig the sound. With cat-deletes it is loud, but not extreme. I suspect that this would sound pretty deep and mellow with stock cats. The general sound is deep and throaty and it really opens up with a typical coyote wail up top. The muffler is a straight through core (pic) and the exhaust sound mimics that design characteristic.

In conclusion I have to give it a full A+. This is based solely on the fit, finish, and price tag ($1199 x-pipe to tips). There is really nothing to deduct from it based upon my experience with other exhausts.

As with anything, the sound is subjective and some may want a full 3" exhaust to belt out every last dB of coyote noise.

I'm taking it to the dyno soon to see how it stacks up to other bolt-on coyotes with E85, cat-deletes, CAI, and cat-back. Before then it's headed to the track for some trap speeds. I ran 112 with just FF tune and cat deletes, curious to see if there is any improvement there (I don't expect power gains honestly, but weight is a different story).

Here is a quick video of the exhaust. The good parts are up front, I ramble a bit about it a bit, it's my first vid so bear with it.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]54YqVuhSTuE[/MEDIA]"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54YqVuhSTuE[/ame]
IMG_5373.JPG
IMG_5374.JPG
IMG_53212.JPG
IMG_5329.JPG
IMG_5363.JPG
IMG_5365.JPG
IMG_5336.JPG
IMG_5352.JPG
Sponsored

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Sounds ok. Those tips are ghhheeyyyy though

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be interested in hearing if they offer just the mid-pipes between the X and axle back for sale, since they offer the full mid-section (X and connecting pipes) for sale.

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I'd be interested in hearing if they offer just the mid-pipes between the X and axle back for sale, since they offer the full mid-section (X and connecting pipes) for sale.
I'm sure Ron@cp-e could work something out?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure Ron@cp-e could work something out?
Possibly. I did contact them about this. They'd be the only player in the market offering that. Considering how many people switch out axlebacks often, and how many of them are cut right after the bend (Borla, FRPP, Cp-e, Roush, SLP, Pypes, Kooks), you could use them in a lot of places with minimal work.

Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
No headers for the Mustang GT 2015+

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
No headers for the Mustang GT 2015+
They are coming. I have a set headed my way and will make a similar post and have before/after dynos.
Sponsored