Sponsored

New LT1 V8 trim for 2020 Camaro

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
GM 8L90 vs Ford 10R80. The 10R80 was jointly developed by Ford and GM, and is available for at least some of the Camaro trim levels. My initial question was if it would be an option on the "barebones" LT1 trim. I was then asked why 10 gears was better than 8 (again from the GM 8L90 8-speed). I responded with a tongue-in-cheek "better because more" type answer. Anything else I need to explain to you knuckleheads?
Yeah, Why aren't you asking this on a Camaro or GM website? My mind thinks Ford because I am on a Ford based website. Who cares on a Ford website if the Camaro comes with a Camel for a transmission? Go ask the Camaro people. And that's Mr. knucklehead thankyou...:crackup:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, Why aren't you asking this on a Camaro or GM website? My mind thinks Ford because I am on a Ford based website. Who cares on a Ford website if the Camaro comes with a Camel for a transmission? Go ask the Camaro people. And that's Mr. knucklehead thankyou...:crackup:

Thread context?

New LT1 V8 trim for 2020 Camaro

General chuckles? Anything to avoid the 7.3L thread??

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
"I think the idea behind it is that people are going to change/modify it anyways. Put out a car thats decent, but you know the customer is going to change things anyways.
All the LT1 customer wants is the V8."

Yikes wasn't this a bad thing for the Mustang now it is a good thing for the Camaro? Doesn't really add up in my book.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
That brings up a good point. Will the a10 be available in the low trim level? If not, it's DOA.
Or you could just get a manual... cause a manual RWD V8 is the balls

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This"LT1 V8" model is Camaro admitting defeat.

The branding sucks.

The styling sucks.

The model placement sucks.

And it even gets cheapo headlights compared to the SS?

That's just sad.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
GM 8L90 vs Ford 10R80. The 10R80 was jointly developed by Ford and GM, and is available for at least some of the Camaro trim levels. My initial question was if it would be an option on the "barebones" LT1 trim. I was then asked why 10 gears was better than 8 (again from the GM 8L90 8-speed). I responded with a tongue-in-cheek "better because more" type answer. Anything else I need to explain to you knuckleheads?
According to Ford and GM's own press releases.
The A-10 was developed by Ford.
The A-9 was developed by GM.

Ford chose to not use the A-9 in fwd vehicles.
GM did choose to use the A-10 in rwd cars and trucks.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
According to Ford and GM's own press releases.
The A-10 was developed by Ford.
The A-9 was developed by GM.

Ford chose to not use the A-9 in fwd vehicles.
GM did choose to use the A-10 in rwd cars and trucks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford-GM_10-speed_automatic_transmission

"This transmission is part of a joint-venture between General Motors and Ford Motor Company to design and engineer two transmissions, a longitudinal 10-speed transmission and a transverse 9-speed trans-axle. Each company will manufacture its own unique version of the transmissions in their own factories."

I do recall seeing Ford was not happy with the 9 speed for FWD applications, so they went another route.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Lol, the idiots at GM never learn.
Just off the top of my head a list of ugly or dismal cars (i even chose one of them over a 03 Cobra).
Pontiac Aztek
Pontiac GTO (especially the 04, cavalier lookin ass) < I had an 06 gto
2019+ Camero
2019+ Silverado
HHR
SSR

If the camaro goes extinct again its their own damn fault. We need competition and GM just sucks ass at making things look good.
Really we need competition, I do not want to be stuck in the 3v days. The board members at GM need to fire those idiots making shitty decisions on ugly AF designs (or if board members are deciding they should shit-can themselves).
This is a repeat of 1998-2002, the ugly catfish camaro was fast AF and mustangs in that era were slow AF. I think at least .5 second slower right? Didnt matter how fast the camaro was, it could not out run ugly, just like 2019's.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Agreed on the demise of the Camaro being GM's own fault. Rumor is, this was almost the design of the 6th gen Camaro;

img1243038287-1452515706768.jpg

Buick dressed it up with their logo, and it was shown for a few hours at one car show. It was quickly whisked away, and never seen/heard from again.

Buick Avista. Apparently it received a lot of praise, and the internet had their bodies ready. But even letting this see the light of day apparently ruffled some feathers in the higher-ups at GM, to the point where the Avista is a 4 letter word at GM.
Sponsored