New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Then imo you might as well find a service that would ship them to Buffalo, and go pick them up there, when you do a trip to Niagara next time.

It will be more than 13% since those rims are not made in US, therefore I'm assuming they would charge you the import tax as well. And you'd get ripped off for brokerage fees on top of it all.
I'm going to look into this. It should definitely be cheaper to ship within the US and pickup. The thing is our government wants the sales tax money on everything they can. (They combined our sales tax together with a service tax and now we pay 13% on almost everything). They look at it as losing revenue because said item is not bought within the country and therefore they would not collect the tax on it. So even if I drive to pick up in Buffalo, I still need to declare that I spent $1200+ US dollars in less than 24hrs and they will still charge all the duty they can. We are allowed to spend a small amount duty free within a 24 hour period. This would obviously pass the threshold.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I'm going to look into this. It should definitely be cheaper to ship within the US and pickup. The thing is our government wants the sales tax money on everything they can. (They combined our sales tax together with a service tax and now we pay 13% on almost everything). They look at it as losing revenue because said item is not bought within the country and therefore they would not collect the tax on it otherwise. So even if I drive to pick up in Buffalo, I still need to declare that I spent $1200+ US dollars in less than 24hrs and they will still charge all the duty they can. We are allowed to spend a small amount duty free within a 24 hour period. This would obviously pass the threshold.

I'm a small business owner. If I was lmr and you called and told me you wanted these wheels but the tax tariff is high. I would gladly give you a small discount to offset the tax some.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Oh hell no. That's a whole other level of legalized wallet pilfering that our beloved Canadian government feels entitled to.
There will be a 13% tax on it. As a general rule of thumb, Canadian cost is a little less than double the USD amount.
have you checked with Ted Lewchuk at Mustang Direct in Montreal ?
he might be able to get you a set. And he often runs sales that are discounted the amount of tax

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
have you checked with Ted Lewchuk at Mustang Direct in Montreal ?
he might be able to get you a set. And he often runs sales that are discounted the amount of tax
Thanks. I will reach out to them to see if they could import a set. They do carry some very nice Ferrada rims that are out of my price range.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I'm a small business owner. If I was lmr and you called and told me you wanted these wheels but the tax tariff is high. I would gladly give you a small discount to offset the tax some.
Lmr already sells them at 30+% discount :) that price for flow formed wheels with warranty is very tempting for me either, even though I don't need another set.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
We are allowed to spend a small amount duty free within a 24 hour period. This would obviously pass the threshold.
One wheel at a time? 😁

Or mount the new wheels on your car while in Buffalo, and either abandon the old, or declare THEM as the import?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
One wheel at a time? 😁

Or mount the new wheels on your car while in Buffalo, and either abandon the old, or declare THEM as the import?
I like how you think! :like:

If you see an old dude selling a set of PP1 wheels at the road side, make sure you offer full asking price. :wink:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
LMR has this note on their website about the Gloss Graphite wheels:
1706488031185.png

Differ in what way?

At the moment I'm torn between the Gloss Graphite and Gloss Black SP2's. My car currently has the gloss black OEM PP1 wheels and I really like the look so maybe it's best to continue with this color scheme?
20230529_213214.jpg

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
It was my understanding the color was not an exact match to the earlier version. The wheels itself are identical, but the color is not.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
It was my understanding the color was not an exact match to the earlier version. The wheels itself are identical, but the color is not.
I purchased either my fronts or rears about a month before that date and then the other set after it and I couldn’t tell any difference in the colors. Even looking at them now they look the same to me. Any difference is so slight that my eyes can’t see it anyway.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Good to know. My guess is the coating or finish supplier changed from the first batch to the second so they could not guarantee an exact match.

Last edited:

BrokenVet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
LMR has this note on their website about the Gloss Graphite wheels:
1706488031185.png

Differ in what way?

At the moment I'm torn between the Gloss Graphite and Gloss Black SP2's. My car currently has the gloss black OEM PP1 wheels and I really like the look so maybe it's best to continue with this color scheme?
20230529_213214.jpg
My pic isn't great, but this is the SP2s in gloss black:
20230317_181321.jpg

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Good to know. My guess is the coating or finish supplier changed from the first batch to the second so they could not guarantee an exact match.
This is exactly the case. They changed wheel suppliers and they can't guarantee an exact match between the old supplier wheels and the new ones.
Sponsored