ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Unilug wheels were crap, anyone dumb enough to use them deserved whatever happened to them.
Doesn't change the fact that alum is soft and different types softer than others. You know the topic we were talking about that you skipped over after , decades of well real world proof.
And for the young guns, at one time unilug was all that was avail. in many wheel styles.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I just ordered a set of these in graphite with the GT350 center caps. I thought about waiting for a sale, but with the crap going on I don't want them to go out of stock again, lol. Can't really use them until spring, but at least I can stare at them and dream about having actual traction. The 235's were an embarrassment, but I felt compelled to use up the tires before moving on. They made it to 16K miles and are at 5/32, close enough.

I agonized over color choice for a while, but the graphite is dark enough to give contrast to the white paint, while not being so dark that the details of the wheel wash out.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So for those that bought these replicas, how are they holding up long term as far as the painted surface and through true normal use (accidentally hitting potholes, bad road imperfections, etc)?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So for those that bought these replicas, how are they holding up long term as far as the painted surface and through true normal use (accidentally hitting potholes, bad road imperfections, etc)?
I've used mine for two fairly intensive seasons of autocross, not a lot of street miles but heavier use to normally (would say). They held up very very well, still look great and they were installed and deinstalled probably more than 100 times over last two years, often at the site, not at home (or a shop). Also had three different set of tires on them.

Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
I didn't see any close ups of this in this thread, so here's what these look like with the GT350 center cap. Snaps in snugly with no tape and looks great IMO.

20220121_021048.jpg
For what it's worth, here's mine with the factory center caps from my PP1 wheels. They fit perfectly despite some saying they'd be too loose.

IMG_2044.jpeg

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
285/35-19 Continental ExtremeContact Sports
19x10 Square
Stock PP1 Height

IMG_1777_jpg.JPG

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Those look nicer than the factory black PP1 wheels. đź‘Ť
Thanks, they feel way nicer too. The weight difference is crazy. The stock wheels are so heavy.

Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
That's good to read. Do you feel it in the steering response or in the heft/movement of the car? Both maybe? I just put these on my PP1 convertible but haven't driven it yet. Summer tires, 285sftont, 295s rear. I think these are the same weight as yours. Hopefully I can feel the difference too.
285s square feels much more planted and flat compared to the stock 255/275 setup.

I threw them on last week but theres currently 6 inches of snow in my driveway so won't be able to push them any time soon.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Does the car have any way to correct for the slight difference in revs per mile that these wheels will have versus stock offerings? If you use a 285/35, the diameter is slightly less than stock which means you'll be going a bit slower than the speedo states, while with the 275/40 it's the opposite, the speedo will be a bit slower than the actual speed. The difference is only 1.5% either way, but it's something that's been bothering me since in theory it will affect the recorded mileage by 1.5% as well, lol.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Does the car have any way to correct for the slight difference in revs per mile that these wheels will have versus stock offerings? If you use a 285/35, the diameter is slightly less than stock which means you'll be going a bit slower than the speedo states, while with the 275/40 it's the opposite, the speedo will be a bit slower than the actual speed. The difference is only 1.5% either way, but it's something that's been bothering me since in theory it will affect the recorded mileage by 1.5% as well, lol.
No, you'll need a tuner or programmer.

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
I just purchased the wheel/tire set from LMR for 19x10/11 offset wrapped in Nitto NT555 G2s. Specifically:
  • 285/35/19 front
  • 305/35/19 rear
I'm excited to see how they look and contrast with my regular wheels (2021 black accent package wheels) and I also purchased this set in gloss black. I think the black lug nuts are going to make a decent visual difference, and the 305 in the rear is going to be right at my current diameter.

I, too, am under a foot+ of snow currently and will be ceramic coating the wheels while I await install. Probably won't even do it until I take the car out in the spring. Might have some lowering springs by then as well. Should bring the whole car together.

For reference, after taxes the price was $2750.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30