Sponsored

New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Where did I say it wasn't? His wheels have 5mm less offset then the ones I had. Less offset moves the tire out further, more offset moves it closer in. Figured since his combo is 5mm further out then mine, maybe he is rubbing when turning since the tire edge will be closer to the fender. Of course, he didn't say where the tire is rubbing, so who knows.

Doug
Wow, did I insult you? Did I somehow infer that you were wrong. I am only explaining it here to the folks who read this board and don't quite understand how offsets work. If you got insulted or slighted in anyway that was not my intention. You should try decaf...
Sponsored

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Didn't insult me at all, just didn't understand what your comment had to do with my post since I didn't mention anything about strut to wheel clearance. Can't switch to decaf since I don't drink coffee, stuff is like drinking mud! lol

Doug

Ummricki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Where did I say it wasn't? His wheels have 5mm less offset then the ones I had. Less offset moves the tire out further, more offset moves it closer in. Figured since his combo is 5mm further out then mine, maybe he is rubbing when turning since the tire edge will be closer to the fender. Of course, he didn't say where the tire is rubbing, so who knows.

Doug
Itā€™s rubbing on the front suspension. The wheels are off right now so I canā€™t get a picture. But yea offsets have always been confusing to me šŸ¤£

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Itā€™s rubbing on the front suspension. The wheels are off right now so I canā€™t get a picture. But yea offsets have always been confusing to me šŸ¤£

Spend some time with this excellent tool... if you know what you have now, you can use this to compare clearance with other wheel specs and tire sizes. I have relied on this for years!

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

That's why I explained it. However your alignment may be suspect. Like I said earlier every car will have some variances. You should have it checked, or move onto a different tire. Check the alignment though. PP1 cars normally run close to -1 deg camber or close to it. Don't know what it is for a non PP car.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard a couple of reports of 10" ET40 wheels (well, tires) rubbing the struts when at full droop (i.e. up on a lift), but they might be fine for most normal range of suspension travel. Anyway a 5mm spacer would fix it and your wheels will still be hubcentric on the hub rings (they're taller than 5mm).

275/40 isn't terribly wide (lots of us run 285/35 tires), but maybe that specific tire has a wider section width than normal, IDK.

10" ET35 FTW.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Possibly alignment...or hidden damage. Did you buy the car new?

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Sorry for the radio silence, been a crazy week!

I personally would go with bronze, especially on black car. Also would prefer staggered setup not just because of plates and bolts, but because wheels would stick out too much and launch debris/mud at the side of a car. Not a concern for track car, but black daily...oh my. You may consider getting 6 wheels and keep front 305's for your hpde/track fun. Yes, you'd need long bolts, but whatever. Bigger investment upfront, but more flexibility.
Lol good point, already getting some light track day speckles in front of the rear fenders. I think I'll just stick with the 10/11 for daily and track. As for the Bronze color, I don't know if I can really pull them off on a stock PP1 car. If I had it lower, with more cosmetic mods, then it would fit better imo. I really like the OEM+ theme for mods, so I would have gone GT500 or 350r spoiler and more aggressive front lip, then maybe those wheels. I kinda want to stick with the black or graphite since greyscale works well with my red accents(Tow hook, Brembos, tail lights).

For number 1: I'd consider going with the 10 in. wheels front and rear before 10/11 stagger.
that's still a bolt on setup with no messing around with studs and spacers and will be more track focused than a staggered setup.
This is probably the most practical and efficient way to get the best of a square setup. I don't know why but I'm drawn to the 11 inch or 305 tire. I'm just trying to optimize rubber on the pavement I guess?

Agreed, that's even better option for NA car, unless one really wants 305's for whatever reasons
I don't know why I'm so into 305's...Now that I think about it more, I like the fat/wide tire look and I'm a hoe for as much rubber on the ground.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
This is probably the most practical and efficient way to get the best of a square setup. I don't know why but I'm drawn to the 11 inch or 305 tire. I'm just trying to optimize rubber on the pavement I guess?
For drag racing yes that would be optimal. For road course and handling you're actually sub optimal. You adding rubber at the sacrifice of balance.
The optimal choice is 11 in. square, followed by 10 in. square, followed by 10 inch front and 11 in. rear.
It isn't wrong, just not the best option for a handling focused setup.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I don't know why I'm so into 305's...Now that I think about it more, I like the fat/wide tire look and I'm a hoe for as much rubber on the ground.
Then go for 325 :party::party::party:

On a more serious note, you might want to check out this tire test as baseline and extrapolate to mustang reality and your tire choices:

Sponsored

Ummricki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Possibly alignment...or hidden damage. Did you buy the car new?
I bought the car used so it could be the alignment. I was able to make it work with a 25mm spacer so no more rubbing. Although it does poke out a little more than I would like lol

I might try a 20mm spacer but Idk if it would make a difference. This is how its looking right now
IMG_1995.jpg
IMG_1997.jpg

its_me_walt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Vert
19x11 is exactly what I want in this style wheel. What is the offset, bs you are using? Do the wheels stick out if the wells? Doesnā€™t look like it but still thought to ask.
I have a 17

can someone clarify the offsets and wheel widths I would need for 305s rear and 285s in front?

stock suspension for now but may lower an inch front and rear

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I have a 17

can someone clarify the offsets and wheel widths I would need for 305s rear and 285s in front?

stock suspension for now but may lower an inch front and rear
285/35-19 on 19x10+35mm offset works front and rear for an easy square setup. Looks great and the tires are flush front & rear.

305/30-19 on 19x11+50mm offset works in the rear with no spacer, but requires a 20-25mm spacer in front, and probably -2.0* negative camber. Looks great and tires are flush front & rear.

I've run both of these combos (on SVE GT-7 wheels, not the SP2's, but identical dimensions) and both work great. I use long wheel studs and slip-on spacers in front to run 305 square. With GT350R springs, there is zero drop for me.

285/35:
31736480888_928b26d023_c.jpg
SVE_GT7-08 by clair_davis, on Flickr

305/30:
50898652002_13f533c355_c.jpg
PP2 Splitter Installed- Clean by clair_davis, on Flickr

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Britton
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP 10SPD GT (Osiris)
Ok here is how I made 11in SP2s look all around. This happened by accident because I was being somewhat impatient but it actually worked very very well lol.

Idk if I want to reveal my secret sauce of spacers and tire sizes because you'd probably not guess what I actually did haha but we can't deny these wheels are pure sex on this car, I am obsessed, it has literally made me fall in love all over again. You can see the width of the rear tires in one picture if you pay attention and the lack of bulge outside of the rim because I didn't get the widest possible tire made, I paid attention to detail and got this where it is and I will prob still tweak it here and there but I really don't need to do much, it is literally perfect to me as it sits. Anyways, gentlemen and maybe few women, place your eyes on these images and get to copying haha.
20211018_232704.jpg
20211017_012533.jpg
20211017_023910.jpg
20211017_014705.jpg
20211017_013320.jpg
20211017_013006.jpg

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Britton
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP 10SPD GT (Osiris)
Well what's the secret sauce? SVE center caps up front with Ford Performance caps on the rears? Are those really 11s up front? Regardless, it looks great. I bet it holds the road amazingly.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Not surprised someone noticed that. The Ford performance caps are the ones I want and they're like $50 a piece and already had two from another couple of wheels, so I'm just still fresh in the process and those are ordered.

Thanks for the complement I love the way it turned out. Yes went from super heavy PP1 wheels to these and even lightened up the rear tires, and the difference was VERY noticeable. Made the car feel much less heavy all around.
Sponsored