New guy buying something tomorrow

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
right... except you're starting with a GT350 not a base auto mustang.. huge difference there. the cars are identical save for a few things, one of which a lot of people remove anyway because they're mostly impractical for anything other than a full on track car.
The people who buy the GT350R then go replace the wheels and tires don't care about the price difference in the first place. Price wasn't the concern when they bought the R. So what's the point of bringing up price as the reason to buy the non-R then spend more money to make it more like an R when money isn't the issue? That makes even less sense than not buying the R in the first place.
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
3 years later... and the R is still being dissected/questioned? Maaaann, the R version is quite unique enough and then some. It's simply very special.

Heck even Porsche guys who spend 100k++ on 911 variants loooove the dang R... it's literally like akin to a heftier GT3, performance-wise, for cryin' out loud. Sheeesh.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
On one hand, you have the real thing....and then there's everything else. You can buy a fake rolex. no-name ipad. fake "designer" clothing, too...if you want that look.
Putting on wheels with the same design is now "posing?":rolleyes: It's still a GT350.

You must hate the howler GT badges that vaguely resemble the 350s then and all of the other "poser GT30" resembling parts.

You must really like to sniff your own smug

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Went down towards Laguna Seca this morning for breakfast and saw this GT350R flanked by two Porsches GT3RS's. The 350R was driven by a lady with her teenage daughter as the passenger. The 350R had a Willow Springs license plate frame. GT3RS 4.0 was driven by a gentleman, with a wicked roll cage, also looked like his teenage daughter as the passenger. I was driving my 350R so everybody gave everybody big thumbs up. They all seemed to be travelling together. Was 8AM, so I'm thinking it was too late for a track day.
IMG_20170812_080427-1536x864.jpg
IMG_20170812_080324-1536x864.jpg

Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Putting on wheels with the same design is now "posing?":rolleyes: It's still a GT350.

You must hate the howler GT badges that vaguely resemble the 350s then and all of the other "poser GT30" resembling parts.
To each his own.. but what's the point of putting a badge that looks, at a small distance, like a gt350 badge if not posing?

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
To each his own.. but what's the point of putting a badge that looks, at a small distance, like a gt350 badge if not posing?
What is the history of that red coyote badge? When I first saw it on this forum I audibly laughed out loud at how ridiculously wannabe I thought it looked. But then got to thinkin maybe there is some history on that badge that precedes the current GT350R badge. Anyone know?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

You must really like to sniff your own smug

I didn't say anything about posing. I simply pointed out that some people don't want to mess with it - and just want the real thing to start with. You clearly tried to show where you could just save some money and seem to have a problem with what others spend their on. I simply (for most, not you) gave examples of other things that do the job, look like the real thing, but are not. Each person can make their own choice and I don't give a shit who picks what...you seem to. Nice job putting words in my mouth. You seem like your feelings are quite hurt, little guy.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
What is the history of that red coyote badge? When I first saw it on this forum I audibly laughed out loud at how ridiculously wannabe I thought it looked. But then got to thinkin maybe there is some history on that badge that precedes the current GT350R badge. Anyone know?
No clue. All I saw was a thread for group buy where the vendor/OP states it resembles the gt350 badge in the sales pitch.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Went down towards Laguna Seca this morning for breakfast and saw this GT350R flanked by two Porsches GT3RS's. The 350R was driven by a lady with her teenage daughter as the passenger. The 350R had a Willow Springs license plate frame. GT3RS 4.0 was driven by a gentleman, with a wicked roll cage, also looked like his teenage daughter as the passenger. I was driving my 350R so everybody gave everybody big thumbs up. They all seemed to be travelling together. Was 8AM, so I'm thinking it was too late for a track day.
I like the staggered driving pattern. Lots of sticky tires rolling there, lol.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Grats Stangboy! I known it is used but check for the spacers in front springs and rear shocks anyway just to be sure. Couple of nice threads here by searching 'rear spacer'.
And make sure that splitter is installed correctly.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The rear stock GT letters badge looks out of place and horrible? Most owners agree with this. The faux gas cap emblem on the rear on the S197 was a much better rear emblem.

There arent a whole lot of choices being made exactly either other than going badgeless, but then the haters would say posing off a debadged 350 too :shrug:

I didn't say anything about posing. I simply pointed out that some people don't want to mess with it - and just want the real thing to start with. You clearly tried to show where you could just save some money and seem to have a problem with what others spend their on. I simply (for most, not you) gave examples of other things that do the job, look like the real thing, but are not. Each person can make their own choice and I don't give a shit who picks what...you seem to. Nice job putting words in my mouth. You seem like your feelings are quite hurt, little guy.

sure ok. :rolleyes: What anyone puts on their car is simply none of your damn business. No one missed your lame duck comment about fake Rolexes implying anything similar to what the R has is posing as the real thing too.

And since we're analyzing the other's feelings via posts on the internet, I choose to take the high road and throw out personal insults tough guy attitude like "feelings quite hurt" and "little guy. Coming from someone who wastes their time harassing others on the internet about what is put on their own cars they pay for says all that needs to be said about your personality
Sponsored

Last edited: