Sponsored

New EPA regs coming phaseout gas engines

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
The Earth is warming - FACT
Sure. Has been for over a century, after cooling for centuries, after rising for centuries. 100,000 years ago, the spot where I am sitting was under a mile of ice. 2000 years ago, the Romans grew grapes in Britain. 1000 years ago, the Vikings farmed Greenland. Welcome to climate variability.

Greenhouse gasses are causing the rise - FACT
No. Speculation rising from inaccurate models.

Actual Carbon isotope evidence can prove that the CO2 rise is due to human activity - FACT
Big swing and a miss from someone who clearly does not understand the difference between correlation and causation.

Global temperature rises are causing changes in weather patterns - FACT
Completely unsupported. Learn the difference between weather and climate.

Weather pattern changes will impact food production - part fact (already happening for some crops), part prediction
Falls in the category of "No s***, Sherlock". CF Greenland food production.

Again, EVIDENCE, not BELIEF. Try to learn the difference.

Once the Holocaust gets mentioned we all know further discussion is pointless.
You do realize that you're the one tossing the word "denier" around, don't you, Sparky? Your lack of knowledge of the implications of using it is telling. Why not learn where that term comes from?

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
In my town people are hysterical because a big landowner is clear cutting trees to build solar farms. There is some irony for you!
and the gov't., you+me are PAYING him to do it. Just like these non-functional charging networks. Was it investors frittering away their millions? No, it was money stolen from everyone. If there was actual money to be made, there are plenty of rich people looking to make a mint.

Gov't investment schemes as a rule fail spectacularly.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Completely unsupported. Learn the difference between weather and climate.
It is not unsupported. Climate impacts weather. Warmer oceans due to climate changes does indeed cause changes to weather. Ocean temperatures and its impact on weather is pretty basic stuff. And the effects of the overall climate on ocean temperatures is also basic. While climate and weather are indeed different by definition, they are also related.

I’m not in the camp that this is all human-created either, I am firm believer that we are in a natural warming phase of the Earth and humans are just adding to it, the degree to which is really unknown.

https://www.whoi.edu/know-your-ocea...atures influence,and wildfire risks in others.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
It is not unsupported. Climate impacts weather. Warmer oceans due to climate changes does indeed cause changes to weather. Ocean temperatures and its impact on weather is pretty basic stuff. And the effects of the overall climate on ocean temperatures is also basic. While climate and weather are indeed different by definition, they are also related.

I’m not in the camp that this is all human-created either, I am firm believer that we are in a natural warming phase of the Earth and humans are just adding to it, the degree to which is really unknown.
Fair enough. A better statement from me would have been that the effect, extent, and benefit/damage of any changes to the weather from changes to the climate are largely speculative, and certainly unquantifiable. As such, there's little if anything to be gained from adding them into the discussion.

Sponsored

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
and the gov't., you+me are PAYING him to do it. Just like these non-functional charging networks. Was it investors frittering away their millions? No, it was money stolen from everyone. If there was actual money to be made, there are plenty of rich people looking to make a mint.

Gov't investment schemes as a rule fail spectacularly.
Yup, we pay on both ends. We subsidize the solar farms, then we subsidize people installing panels on their house. For those on the house, they get to use the electrical infrastructure for free when selling back excess power during the day. Also, in my state of MA, the state mandates a percentage of the power supply comes from renewables. That is driving our electric bills up. And don't forget, big spending bills like Biden's 1.5tn build back better one and paid for with printed money, which drives inflation which is simply a tax. Oh, and in most states, roads are paid for by gas tax and EVs don't pay but use our roads with their heavy cars. I'll stop there, but there is more...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As such, there's little if anything to be gained from adding them into the discussion
hell, we don't understand the mechanics of Co2 sequestration by the Oceans at all. I mean this is one of those "simple" things, right?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Politicians shun nuclear energy for a very good reason. It solves the problem. There is very little to be gained by solving this problem and very much to be gained by perpetuating it.

The very rich make money on tax-payer subsidized 'Clean' energy while the unwashed masses (that's us) pay a premium to use it. It's the best investment going. You are guaranteed to have a customer paying over market value for the energy you produce and that customer is also paying for the majority of the investment of the production, as long as you say the correct words in the press and grease the right wheels in Congress or a state legislature. The only thing the rich investor needs to do is buy the right chunk of land. You or I can't drop $10-20M for land to place a wind-farm, but there are a staggering number of people who can.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Vote carefully. It's the only way to get these emotionally driven cretins out of office
unfortunately one side is worse than the French - despite having the votes, doesn't actually do anything with it except maybe sink the ship slightly slower and then brags about the rate of change, and overlook the fact the ship is still taking on water and is doomed to slip beneath the waves. Damn it, where is the guy with the ping-pong balls and massive pump barge that is taking water out faster than it's flowing in thru the torpedo holes? So maybe the SeaBees can weld some plate over the 8ft hole? USS Cole, anyone?

The guy in Argentina (Milei) has the right idea, if he doesn't get JFK'd shortly.

Last edited:

MustangFreak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Don’t worry they won’t be able to phase them out ! Green energy will fail !!!! Be more worried about the cut off switch they plan on putting on all after 2026. They want control
Just because Green energy is a failure doesn't mean we won't be stuck using it.

CVN 80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT