New EPA regs coming phaseout gas engines

CVN 80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I disagree. We’re in a lose-lose situation this go around IMO. For different reasons but in the end, we the people will ultimately lose. We need (and deserve) better choices.

And I will leave it at that as this is not the forum for such discussions.
Hopefully, the people who found America's successor nation sometime in the next few centuries learn from our mistakes, and not be so stupid as to give the government lawmaking power.

We know what laws are good & just and which ones...aren't.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Hopefully, the people who found America's successor nation sometime in the next few centuries learn from our mistakes, and not be so stupid as to give the government lawmaking power.

I'm not sure it will be that long....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Plus we can destroy cropland and bask in the stunning electrical output of solar fields like this. i think we better build more solar farms because that will surely put an end to hail storms. It's God punishing us for not being green fast enough...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/texas-hail-storm-destroys-thousands-acres-solar-farms/

Comment of the day: "just have the farmer run his big-ass diesel tractor across the fields, tilling the broken panels into the ground and new ones will sprout like summer corn."

Renewable Energy - a form of energy generation/collection that requires whole-sale replacement of equipment every few years.

Solar energy might be free, but the panels sure aren't!!

Why isn't there a 10mm+ thick polycarbonite (plastic glass) mounted 10mm up-hailstone of the fragile panel? Not only does it protect the panel but replacement is just a matter of sliding ruined sheet out of it's channel and sliding in a new one.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; my home internet has been down for seven days. Amazing how many pages posted. Thought about trying to catch up, but decided to forego. I am borrowing internet so will say there are many good posts had in the last week.
I am a bit surprised at how many pro-EV folks there are on this Mustang forum. I may reenter the fray later.
Among the things which stand out includes a fundamental misconception. That being the belief the grid, the EV infrastructure, the green energy sector can effectively handle the loads required if fossil fuel use is abandoned.
It Is not that these things cannot over time be worked out. Slightly likely some can be brought up to speed at some distant point. Not by 2030 or 2035. But I get the urgency. One post as I read thru the pages hit the target well. That being a goal, while they have the power, is to get auto makers too deep into EV's that it will be difficult to reverse course.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Why isn't there a 10mm+ thick polycarbonite (plastic glass) mounted 10mm up-hailstone of the fragile panel? Not only does it protect the panel but replacement is just a matter of sliding ruined sheet out of it's channel and sliding in a new one.
Likely because it lowers the efficiency of the system. Protective glass or Plexiglas above the panels will reflect some of the energy hitting them, convert some to heat, and diffuse some of the rest. Whatever frame system is used will probably not be transparent, so that will create a shadowed area behind it. All of these effects will vary during the day as the sun moves across the FOV of the system, and will be worse the further the sun is from its highest elevation in the sky. The sum total of that is to increase the cost of the energy produced, and require more land area for the same output target.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

outshine1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

The people or beings that uncover America in the next few centuries may think we worshipped a mouse when they find the ruins of Disney World.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Likely because it lowers the efficiency of the system
No doubt but it's a sure sight better than having your 100 million investment go to zero in an hour and leave thousands of home without power for 3 months.

Oh wait thats right well just crank the nat gas plant up to 11 because we still have that.

Nevermind maybe examining the lunacy of solar power in hailstorm Texas. Nope, that would cut into the grift.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Nevermind maybe examining the lunacy of solar power in hailstorm Texas. Nope, that would cut into the grift.
It might not ALL be grift, but the bulk of it is. Anyone want to bet how many of these pop-up home solar companies will be in business after the subsidies dry up? And what do people plan on doing after 20 years when the pile of stuff on the roof is non-functional, the company that nominally owns it is gone, and the whole pile needs to be disposed of as hazardous waste?

Sponsored

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
IMG_8951.gif

my 2015 Mustang GT has 8,500 miles on it so far, my bicycle has 13,000 miles how much carbon can I really be putting out besides farts?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
...And, ultimately, that is where the rubber meets the road.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Recorded a C-Span program a few days ago. It was on C Span 2 on march 28, 2024. Title is Carol Roth, You Will Own Nothing. The presenter hits on many of the topics we discuss on this forum and perhaps in this thread.

My internet has been down for nearly two weeks. Only got it back today or I would have posted earlier. Likely the program is archived on C-Span.
Sponsored