Sponsored

New EBM Horsepower World Record 6/10/15: 520HP/494TQ (STD), 508HP/482TQ (SAE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KA24DE-R 240sx
Wow! Just wow! I had no idea the engines could be pushed to this level and still have more potential in them. I'll be shooting for 500+ whp now that I know it can be done.
Well, to be honest though, many many motors, if swap out the internal for forged pistons, rods, and forged crank that are made to specifically handle it, throw on a big turbo, most any could reach those numbers. I am actually more impressed by the 500hp MAP was pushing out of the stock bottom end EcoBoost. It is not so much a matter of *it* it can be done, throw huge numbers of boost in to any motor and you get power, the questions is... how long will it last? FFTEC's will most probably last a lot longer, and even be able to be a daily driver for years if enough of the parts are replaced with parts that are made for it. I am interested to see how long MAP's lasts.
Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Well, to be honest though, many many motors, if swap out the internal for forged pistons, rods, and forged crank that are made to specifically handle it, throw on a big turbo, most any could reach those numbers. I am actually more impressed by the 500hp MAP was pushing out of the stock bottom end EcoBoost. It is not so much a matter of *it* it can be done, throw huge numbers of boost in to any motor and you get power, the questions is... how long will it last? FFTEC's will most probably last a lot longer, and even be able to be a daily driver for years if enough of the parts are replaced with parts that are made for it. I am interested to see how long MAP's lasts.
The car has pistons and rods, and the stock crank (which is forged from the factory). And who cares if MAP's car still has the stock bottom end? Nobody that actually cares about longevity would every try to duplicate it and Adam is purposely pushing the car to the breaking point.

Built bottom end provides a higher safety margin, but at this point in the game the tuning is still the most important factor in power production and obviously both companies are handling that just fine.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
So when will there be track numbers? I mean Dyno numbers are great and all. I just want to see one of these bigger turbo cars on the track.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Might be silly to ask, but could a stock auto handle this?
Are you talking about just the transmission? If so its been mentioned before, but the stock auto has lived behind many 1000 HP coyotes. It won't have a problem at this power level.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Are you talking about just the transmission? If so its been mentioned before, but the stock auto has lived behind many 1000 HP coyotes. It won't have a problem at this power level.
Awesome. So I'd be set it I decided to go for 500+hp

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1992 Eagle Talon, Porsche 944 Turbo
Awesome. So I'd be set it I decided to go for 500+hp
The auto is proving to be a killer setup for drag passes, easily knocks 1/2 second off compared to the MT. Imagine if you had 500+ HP with your auto! That would be a ten second car all day long.

Last edited:

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
The auto is proving to be a killer setup for drag passes, easily knocks 1/2 second off compared to the MT. Imagine if you had 500+ HP with your auto! That would be a ten second car all day long.
Did I miss where you guys took it to the track?

MustangEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KA24DE-R 240sx
The car has pistons and rods, and the stock crank (which is forged from the factory). And who cares if MAP's car still has the stock bottom end? Nobody that actually cares about longevity would every try to duplicate it and Adam is purposely pushing the car to the breaking point.

Built bottom end provides a higher safety margin, but at this point in the game the tuning is still the most important factor in power production and obviously both companies are handling that just fine.
You are missing the point of my post, which is fine. *I* care that it has the stock bottom end. we already know FFTECS will last much longer. I am interested to see how long the factory bottom end holds up with that power. I am aware of the importance of a tune. If it holds up a long time, that just shows how well put together of a motor ford put in this beast.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
This is why I bought an auto. My plans just got derailed. :tsk:

Sponsored

MustangEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KA24DE-R 240sx
If all I cared about were drag times, I may get an auto. I drive every day, and like to enjoy my car. Auto is not enjoyable for me personally. I'll take 500hp though still, plzkthx.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
If all I cared about were drag times, I may get an auto. I drive every day, and like to enjoy my car. Auto is not enjoyable for me personally. I'll take 500hp though still, plzkthx.
Same boat, will probably never see a track. I just like the enjoyment of driving a manual, and traffic here in FL sucks so whoever uses too much traffic as an excuse instead of just being honest but thank god there's options and everyone can choose to their liking/goals.

MustangEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KA24DE-R 240sx
Pinellas county here, can confirm. Having to travel from north Palm Harbor to south Largo each day, there is a stop light every 15 feet, and each one takes 10 minutes. I still love my manuals. That is why my current 240sx is supercharged, I don't have time to spool a big turbo, lol.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Pinellas county here, can confirm. Having to travel from north Palm Harbor to south Largo each day, there is a stop light every 15 feet, and each one takes 10 minutes. I still love my manuals. That is why my current 240sx is supercharged, I don't have time to spool a big turbo, lol.
Same drive but mine is from North Largo to pretty much Dunedin. Tampa like veterans or Courtney Campbell after 5 PM take about an hour to drive 5 miles so it really sucks worse in that area. I try to avoid Tampa at all costs!

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
If you have ever driven an auto car with big HP, especially with a turbo, you would know that they are not boring in the slightest. Auto cars load a turbo completely differently than a manual car, and they stay in boost. A manual is fun with a turbo, and I have had plenty of them, but an auto is a different experience altogether.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.