Sponsored

New EBM Horsepower World Record 6/10/15: 520HP/494TQ (STD), 508HP/482TQ (SAE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1992 Eagle Talon, Porsche 944 Turbo
Congrats OP. Just curious what the HP limitations for the stock blocks are? In my old SRT4 you could get to 500 Whp before you had to worry about the blocks. Is the EB block any better?
Thanks! We're all stoked about the latest HP numbers.

The bare block itself is proving to be very durable at 500+HP despite the open deck design. The stock pistons and rods have lower limits tho. While it may be possible to hit high HP on a completely stock block with stock pistons and rods, I don't recommend it since it won't last long. The rods are limited by the amount of torque they can hold, which is somewhere below 450. The pistons are limited by engine speed since they tend to break apart if you exceed the rev limit too much or too often. If you want to go big you'll need a built motor just like other platforms. Luckily these engines are still in great shape with low miles, so most of the time you can simply drop in a set of pistons and rods like we did with our shop car. There's a few extra parts that should be added when you build this engine, too, typical upgrades like headstuds, BSE kit, and other little things to help these engines handle big torque and high revs reliably.

BTW our built motor has withstood over 7k miles and 6 months of durability testing. Not a single oil leak, compression is still exactly the same as the day it fired up. So it looks like we'll be pushing it even harder again. I'm happy that we're able to raise the limits this high with a few simple upgrades.

I wish I had this combo in my auto car. I would banging down the door of the 10's.
Why not? Give us a call, everything we use on our shop car is available to the public. Yes we're still developing other bigger mods and some of the good stuff isn't listed on our website yet, but if you want a turnkey 500 + WHP Mustang we can make it happen for you. Just make sure it's an EcoBoost! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
Why not? Give us a call, everything we use on our shop car is available to the public. Yes we're still developing other bigger mods and some of the good stuff isn't listed on our website yet, but if you want a turnkey 500 + WHP Mustang we can make it happen for you. Just make sure it's an EcoBoost! :thumbsup:
I am sure it is not an inexpensive set of upgrades, LOL.

However, if you want to sponsor my car, I will make it famous. :D

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Videos!! We need videos of the car in action David.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
What you guys need to do is post a thread in the drag racing section. Let everyone know what these cars are truly capable of.

Sponsored

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
Thanks! We're all stoked about the latest HP numbers.

The bare block itself is proving to be very durable at 500+HP despite the open deck design. The stock pistons and rods have lower limits tho. While it may be possible to hit high HP on a completely stock block with stock pistons and rods, I don't recommend it since it won't last long. The rods are limited by the amount of torque they can hold, which is somewhere below 450. The pistons are limited by engine speed since they tend to break apart if you exceed the rev limit too much or too often. If you want to go big you'll need a built motor just like other platforms. Luckily these engines are still in great shape with low miles, so most of the time you can simply drop in a set of pistons and rods like we did with our shop car. There's a few extra parts that should be added when you build this engine, too, typical upgrades like headstuds, BSE kit, and other little things to help these engines handle big torque and high revs reliably.

BTW our built motor has withstood over 7k miles and 6 months of durability testing. Not a single oil leak, compression is still exactly the same as the day it fired up. So it looks like we'll be pushing it even harder again. I'm happy that we're able to raise the limits this high with a few simple upgrades.

Looking into forged rods and pistons, couldn't find it on your website. How much do they run for?

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I am sure it is not an inexpensive set of upgrades, LOL.

However, if you want to sponsor my car, I will make it famous. :D
More famous than our shop car? We should talk!
Videos!! We need videos of the car in action David.
Coming soon! Don't worry, we have some good vids. ;)

What you guys need to do is post a thread in the drag racing section. Let everyone know what these cars are truly capable of.
Good idea, that'll be fun to tease the V8 guys a little. :)

Yes videos and post it up in the drag thread. I know you've got more it but this is a great start:thumbsup:
Thanks! Def a great start. We've already made a list of changes we'll need to make for the next track day. There's more time in there, can't wait to see what it runs next!

Looking into forged rods and pistons, couldn't find it on your website. How much do they run for?
I keep trying to get all the info on the site. Check your PM's later on Monday. Thanks!
Ecoboost slicks.JPG
Ecoboost slicks 2.JPG

Last edited:

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
Coming soon! Don't worry, we have some good vids. ;)

Good idea, that'll be fun to tease the V8 guys a little. :)

Thanks! Def a great start. We've already made a list of changes we'll need to make for the next track day. There's more time in there, can't wait to see what it runs next!

Ack! I keep trying to get all the info on the site. Check your PM's tomorrow. Thanks!
awesome set up & progress:thumbsup:
question on the front wheel offset?
did you space them due to PP brakes or is this set of wheels re-purposed from another shop car
Just curious...

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
You do realize that not everyone treats every pass like the final round at the Winternationals, right? :doh:

Sometimes I sit there for 5 seconds before I leave on the tree if just testing....and I can assure, I can cut a light.
It was a joke, clearly...

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Incredible work guys. I will be coming to you if my RS works out!

Sponsored

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I have a little under 2,000 subscribers to my YouTube channel and over a million views. I am a pretty active racer and I would be grudging the car. I can assure you, the car would get attention.

PM me if you want and we can most definitely talk, because I am so bored with my car I want to light it on fire. LOL.

Mike

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I have a little under 2,000 subscribers to my YouTube channel and over a million views. I am a pretty active racer and I would be grudging the car. I can assure you, the car would get attention.
Impressive!

PM me if you want and we can most definitely talk, because I am so bored with my car I want to light it on fire. LOL.

Mike
Yes that would get a lot of attention for sure! :D There's a few other ideas I'd like to try before starting an EcoBoost BBQ tho. :cool:

OP
OP
Anthony@FFtec

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
awesome set up & progress:thumbsup:
question on the front wheel offset?
did you space them due to PP brakes or is this set of wheels re-purposed from another shop car
Just curious...
We don't have a PP chassis :)

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
do you guys know much much boost the AP can read up to?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
do you guys know much much boost the AP can read up to?
The AP is not really the limitation, the tables and such can be adjusted to read higher boost. The stock MAP sensor on the EB is only capable of reading up to ~29 PSI.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.