Sponsored

New EBM Horsepower World Record 6/10/15: 520HP/494TQ (STD), 508HP/482TQ (SAE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
If you have ever driven an auto car with big HP, especially with a turbo, you would know that they are not boring in the slightest. Auto cars load a turbo completely differently than a manual car, and they stay in boost. A manual is fun with a turbo, and I have had plenty of them, but an auto is a different experience altogether.
I agree with this.
Sponsored

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I agree with this.
Yeah I've been in a gt-r, the power and feeling are great but mashing the pedal gets old. It's all subjective of course, I just like manuals better I don't know what to say lol, but only on performance cars. My GF had a chevy cruze that was manual and that was horrendous since there was no power rowing through the gears, that's when I would opt for an automatic, or if I was going for track times.

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1992 Eagle Talon, Porsche 944 Turbo
Wow, some of you guys have rough commutes!

There's a reason we released our turbo kit with two medium size turbo options; a big turbo may get all the glory but the quick spooling medium turbos work great on daily drivers. Once more kits get out there you'll see just how nice these cars behave with the right turbo. When I was driving the shop car at the 405 HP level with the small EFR turbo it spooled up same as stock, while the top end was obviously much better. It was a lot of fun! A turbo upgrade really wakes up the car.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Any updates guys? Did any kits ship yet? Ready to see some community opinions.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Any updates guys? Did any kits ship yet? Ready to see some community opinions.
Looks like they are still in the assembly process. Mine isn't ready at least.

Sponsored

Kjewer1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 92 Eagle Talon
If you have ever driven an auto car with big HP, especially with a turbo, you would know that they are not boring in the slightest. Auto cars load a turbo completely differently than a manual car, and they stay in boost. A manual is fun with a turbo, and I have had plenty of them, but an auto is a different experience altogether.
Totally agree. My Mitsubishi pick up truck with about 500 hp and a GM 3 speed auto is impossibly fun on the street. When you're not worrying about ending up upside down in a lake at least, it really is a menace even on slicks. But the torque converter makes sure RPM is always at least 5500 in that truck under boost, the turbo is always spooled, and when you whack the old school ratchet shifter, gear changes are so firm it rips your face off. Hard to go wrong IMO. :D It does run 10s too at 3k lbs. Most people have only experienced autos in normal cars, nothing like this. Anything at all like that in a nice modern car like this EBM platform is going to be a seriously good time.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Congrats OP. Just curious what the HP limitations for the stock blocks are? In my old SRT4 you could get to 500 Whp before you had to worry about the blocks. Is the EB block any better?

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
For those that don't check the vendor forums -

dat reaction time doe, don't text and drag :lol:

That's an impressive trap and 60 ft but aren't they on a built motor/turbo upgrade running 500+ rwhp? I see heavier 5.0s with bolt-ons running high 11s you'd think by now they should be in the LOW 11s with all that work. Then again what do I know.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Very impressive! Congrats! That's almost as fast as my 06 GT. I'm having more respect for this little 4 cylinder all the time.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk

That's an impressive trap and 60 ft but aren't they on a built motor/turbo upgrade running 500+ rwhp? I see heavier 5.0s with bolt-ons running high 11s you'd think by now they should be in the LOW 11s with all that work. Then again what do I know.
The mph shows the potential. A lot of variables w/ a non-PP manual.

You're seeing the GT results simply because of the number of them that have been done as well. Remember this is a new engine in its R & D phase.

This combo w/ an auto would surely impress.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
You do realize that not everyone treats every pass like the final round at the Winternationals, right? :doh:

Sometimes I sit there for 5 seconds before I leave on the tree if just testing....and I can assure, I can cut a light.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I wish I had this combo in my auto car. I would banging down the door of the 10's.

Status
Not open for further replies.