Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Here you go, just a lil nudge!

20180309_141521.jpg
I love how they look like a transformer from the front. the contrasting wheels are also a great combo!
time to start my search and see what I come up with.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It's weird. All of my friends are buying baggers (yuck), and I'm looking at KTM supermotos....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the only Harley I could stand was the Buell XB9/12. Rode them several times and was quite impressed. It's a damn shame how that marque went down.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I always suggest this to people looking to straddle (pun intended) that switch between sport and cruiser. Often overlooked, but insanely good: Yamaha Vmax. I had one for a few months years ago (got it running again for a friend after a minor crash). I think the saying that a bike "hides its weight well" is such a cliche - but man it was actually true for the Vmax and I've read the new ones are only better.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
the only Harley I could stand was the Buell XB9/12. Rode them several times and was quite impressed. It's a damn shame how that marque went down.
Yes. I'd still like to find a minty late XB12Ss for the herd....

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I always suggest this to people looking to straddle (pun intended) that switch between sport and cruiser. Often overlooked, but insanely good: Yamaha Vmax. I had one for a few months years ago (got it running again for a friend after a minor crash). I think the saying that a bike "hides its weight well" is such a cliche - but man it was actually true for the Vmax and I've read the new ones are only better.
I had completely forgotten about those bikes, they look like they are ready to swallow the world in front of them

Reactions: XS

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
I seem to always be in this conundrum. I just can't get into the Harley/Indian phase yet, even at 50. Just last year, was yearning for a new bike. It was between a Aprilia Tuono R, Ducati Panigale 959 and SuperDuke. I already have too many KTMs and just was tired of singles and twins. Wanted an old schoolish inline 4. So my short list became a BMW S1000R and Yamaha R1. Test rode the S1000R and was sold. Now, 11 months later... I am thinking of adding to the stable... I am back to the same 4 as a possible addition, Tuono, Panigale, SuperDuke and R1.

I can't seem to get rid of streetbikes either. Still have a Duke 690, my daughter rides that one on the street and we both use it at the supermoto track. A 2017 KTM Adv 1090R; also highly recommend this bike, I do lots of desert exploring on it. But my current daily go to is the S1000R.
Based on your previous list, definitely look at the upright seating nakeds and hyper-nakeds!!

61024226221__5D55B98C-D932-48BE-B12F-A3E237366BA4.jpeg

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I ended up going with the FXDR, it just gave me the "Fizz" picked up a 2019 with 2k miles on it and an insane amount of aftermarket add ons. Long term plan is for this to become the wifes bike and to get a second bike which will probably be a sport bike. Loving this beast
IMG_4137.jpg
IMG_4135.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'd like to test ride one of those, but I think it's probably best that I don't. :wink:

Does it handle at all, or is it typical fat-tire heavy H-D?

Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I currently have a 2017 Gsxr-1000 and in my signature you can see majority have all been rockets minus the random VROD. I am wanting something else and going to a different rocket just doesn't make sense as they are all essentially the same.
I have ridden a HD Fatboy, FXDR and Streetglide. I liked the fatboy and FXDR but worry i will miss the thrill and handling of my sportbike. Part of me wants to grow up and get a more relaxed bike.... the other half well you get the picture.
current ones i have in my sights.
FXDR,Fatboy,M109r, MT10
Any other bikes people have that they would like to throw into the mix?

Anyone gone through this awkward phase of starting on rockets and the transition to something else????
Another alternative is the yamaha fj1300. A touring bike with a bit of sport thrown in. Or maybe a hayabusa.

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Ya beat me to it, was just going to suggest the FJR

so to offer something different, a honda CTX1300?

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
A good alternative to an FJR is the KTM SuperDuke GT.

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I'd like to test ride one of those, but I think it's probably best that I don't. :wink:

Does it handle at all, or is it typical fat-tire heavy H-D?
comparing to my vrod turn in feels to be harder. after your leaned in though very smooth. very different seating position to get used to with my feet way out in front of me. ive put about 350 miles on it so far and its the more i ride it the more i like it.
Sponsored