New Bike ideas

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I currently have a 2017 Gsxr-1000 and in my signature you can see majority have all been rockets minus the random VROD. I am wanting something else and going to a different rocket just doesn't make sense as they are all essentially the same.
I have ridden a HD Fatboy, FXDR and Streetglide. I liked the fatboy and FXDR but worry i will miss the thrill and handling of my sportbike. Part of me wants to grow up and get a more relaxed bike.... the other half well you get the picture.
current ones i have in my sights.
FXDR,Fatboy,M109r, MT10
Any other bikes people have that they would like to throw into the mix?

Anyone gone through this awkward phase of starting on rockets and the transition to something else????
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
A man that wears one watch always knows what time it is. A man who wears two watches never knows what time it is. Don't confuse your life and try to please two desires.

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
sooooo pick one is the answer i deciphered.... but which one?

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
Have a look at the 2018-up FatBob with the 114. One of the best handling current HD offerings.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Having ridden for 45 years, I went through the transitions from sport to tourer to cruiser and back to sport. I have personally found total perfection in the hyper naked bikes. So my vote would be for the MT10! Btw, the wife rides an MT09 and I ride an FZ(MT)10.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Having ridden for 45 years, I went through the transitions from sport to tourer to cruiser and back to sport. I have personally found total perfection in the hyper naked bikes. So my vote would be for the MT10! Btw, the wife rides an MT09 and I ride an FZ(MT)10.
I do really like those, a more relaxed position but all the speed and handling you could ever want!

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
That's exactly right! And the 10 has cruise control and It is sweet!
Cruise control sounds pretty good for the wrists...and I don’t have to be “that guy” on the Harley lol

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Of my current stable of Harleys, I like my '06 VRSCR the best. I have yet to ride a new Harley that I like as much as that one, and every year I test ride what looks interesting. The VRSCR hit the mark as far as a quick Harley that can handle and I'll keep it forever.

I'd love to have another Ducati.....and, and, and. My garage is ever shrinking due to my motorcycle addiction.

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Of my current stable of Harleys, I like my '06 VRSCR the best. I have yet to ride a new Harley that I like as much as that one, and every year I test ride what looks interesting. The VRSCR hit the mark as far as a quick Harley that can handle and I'll keep it forever.

I'd love to have another Ducati.....and, and, and. My garage is ever shrinking due to my motorcycle addiction.
The only thing I didn’t like about my vrod was the lack of 6th gear, made highway riding feel like I was ringing the bike out too much. I did enjoy the bike around town though.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
your collection is basically all the same thing - inline 4. Time for proper Ducati or Aprilia V2/V4 (eg. Tuono) or a KTM 990. A FZ09 or Triumph Speed Triple would also a good choice too. Have you tried the mid-sized bikes? The Husky/KTM 700 twins are supposed to be quite good. The street triple (675, now 7xx?) is fun but admittedly too close to an I-4.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The only thing I didn’t like about my vrod was the lack of 6th gear, made highway riding feel like I was ringing the bike out too much. I did enjoy the bike around town though.
That is the only thing about mine that I don't like. Forget 4-lane roads and speeds. But that's not where that bike shines either, back roads are its forte.

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot Silver GT/PP/AE/MR Recaros
I have a 2020 HD RoadGlide Special. This is my 7th Harley since 1999. Just got back from spending 4 days riding in the smokey mountains. Did the tail of the dragon on Saturday because the rain prevented us from riding it on Thursday as planned. Had a friend who had a BUSA and just started riding a 2002 StreetGlide. After riding the Gauntlet and 6 Gap he couldn't believe how much fun and comfort riding can be on a bagger instead of balls to the wall speed on a rocket. BTW tons of mustangs on the dragon this weekend.

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
your collection is basically all the same thing - inline 4. Time for proper Ducati or Aprilia V2/V4 (eg. Tuono) or a KTM 990. A FZ09 or Triumph Speed Triple would also a good choice too. Have you tried the mid-sized bikes? The Husky/KTM 700 twins are supposed to be quite good. The street triple (675, now 7xx?) is fun but admittedly too close to an I-4.
I've ridden a 959,1098 and also 1199. they are fantastic bikes but they made my jap rockets feel like luxury cruisers in comparison. the naked bikes appear to have a good bit of like on here though.

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I have a 2020 HD RoadGlide Special. This is my 7th Harley since 1999. Just got back from spending 4 days riding in the smokey mountains. Did the tail of the dragon on Saturday because the rain prevented us from riding it on Thursday as planned. Had a friend who had a BUSA and just started riding a 2002 StreetGlide. After riding the Gauntlet and 6 Gap he couldn't believe how much fun and comfort riding can be on a bagger instead of balls to the wall speed on a rocket. BTW tons of mustangs on the dragon this weekend.
more than likely my time on the streetglide probably felt bad because the wind buffeting at speed made my helmet shake also at low speed the bike is a beast. now I know it would take some time to get used to but initially I was very turned off by it. buddy has a mid 2000 roadglide and it felt similar to the streetglide and uncomfortable at low speeds.
Sponsored