Need some wheel advice

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Good morning all, I am in a bit of a dilemma. I have a Ox WHT GT with the black accent package. The wheels are a thin 19x8.5. I like the black wheels but not the way they fit inside the wells. I found a good deal on OEMs GT350 wheels with Michelins so I bought them knowing I would have a little front poke. I really like the way the rears look. After much research I am confused how to reduce the poke without crushing the wallet. Lower with progressive, linear springs, coilovers, add plates, don't need them... I am looking for a more aggressive look and stance but don't go to the track. I can sell both sets and start over if that is what I have to do. Any recommendations are appreciated.
IMG_0075.jpg
IMG_0074.jpg
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Poke will be reduced by getting a proper fitting wheel and tire. The OEM spec GT350 wheels are too wide to fit the fenders.

If you want to try to work with them, more camber but I'd say grab new wheels if you can.

Lowering in some fashion will reduce the wheel gap, not the poke.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
springs and camber plates are the way to reduce that gap (with the springs), and then tuck in the poke (camber).

There are downsides to a lower ride height tho. It would be cheaper and less intrusive to sell the wheels and get a different set with the correct offset to kill the poke, but you’ll still have some wheel gap.

OP
OP
RangersGT

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The wheel gap doesn't bother me as much as how far inside the wheel well the original wheels were. I like the flush to the fender look much more. Then there is the issue of staggered or square. How do you get flush on the rear and front with square setup?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Mine aren't quite flush, but I have 20x10 with a +42 offset all around without any spacers, posted some all around pics here. You could run a small spacer in the front that way you can keep the square setup and maintain the aesthetic you're after.

What kind of budget did you have for wheels? There are a lot of options out there that will fit nicely and are affordable from sites like LMR (I'm partial their XS7 and SP2 styles, but they also have GT350 reps).

Sponsored

OP
OP
RangersGT

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Budget!?!? The set I bought have great tires and tread wear, they 295s and 305s. If I went with new wheels I could use the tires but might be harder to that set later. The originals have 7k on the Pirellis that I could use but they are only 255/40s. I don't want to spend 2k but it that's new wheels and tires I might. If I can reuse the tires I havery that will help. Just depends on the deal. Your car looks great, love the fitment all around.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, right around $2k (a little more I believe) would be wheels, tires, and sensors all mounted up, plus lugs. Just not sure what you'd be able to get for yours (with or without the tires) but your current ones should fit the S350 wheels with no issue.

OP
OP
RangersGT

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The S350 wheels are 8.5 in the fronts and 10 in the back from what I have seen. Could use the 295 on the 10s but that is pushing it for that wide of a tire. Maybe I am not seeing the same S350s. You referencing the ones on American Muscle?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
RangersGT

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Square setups in 19x10 ET40 or ET35 look just about equally good on the front and rear. I do run a 5mm spacer on the fromt to get a smidge more flush tho.

OP
OP
RangersGT

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Square setups in 19x10 ET40 or ET35 look just about equally good on the front and rear. I do run a 5mm spacer on the fromt to get a smidge more flush tho.
:facepalm: I am confused. With 10s in the front and a spacer won't they stick out more than the rears if they are only 10s? The 10s in the rear must be set in the well more and not flush. Maybe they are based on offset???

OP
OP
RangersGT

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The thing is, the offsets on the 11" and 10" wheels are different. The extra wheel width from the 11" tire is all on the inside of the wheel well. The face of the wheel is positioned the same (within 1/10") on a 19x10 ET35 and a 19x11 ET50. Looking at a car from the side, you wouldn't be able to tell if its on a 10/10 square setup or a 10/11 staggered setup.

I'm a huge fan of square setups. They handle really well and it allows you to rotate wheels at will and get even tire wear, maximizing the life of your tires.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I found a set of S350s on LMR, 20x10 with 275s for the fronts and 305s mounted for the back. From the pictures on the site they look great. The tires are MT Street Comps. Any thoughts on this combo?
Those SVE replicas are a popular choice.
Sponsored