Sponsored

Need some advice on tires and springs

Trent W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I want to run 315x35x20's on the rears and run a little wider that stock on the front. Seemed to push a little bit when I took it to the track when i was taking corners and I want to get rid of that. As far as suspension goes I want to wedge the car slightly so maybe just drop the front end maybe an inch. What kind of wheel and tires should I run and not have any rubbing issues at the Autocross? I want to go as wide of tire as possible. on the front and the rear. what offset should I be looking for?
Sponsored

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Although I dislike the look of them, I believe 19s would be better suited for autocross. Lighter, less rotating mass, etc. As for tire sizes, I wouldn't know. Tire brand, however, Hankook RS3s are a good choice. As for springs, the Steeda springs seem to be the best handling springs out right now. About an inch drop as well. Hope this helps!

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I want to run 315x35x20's on the rears and run a little wider that stock on the front. Seemed to push a little bit when I took it to the track when i was taking corners and I want to get rid of that. As far as suspension goes I want to wedge the car slightly so maybe just drop the front end maybe an inch. What kind of wheel and tires should I run and not have any rubbing issues at the Autocross? I want to go as wide of tire as possible. on the front and the rear. what offset should I be looking for?

You might want to go with Eibach Pro to give you the slight drop, and running the 315-35 you for sure want a 20x11. Maybe think about 19's ? We have a few customer's autocross there stangs on our wheels with 20x10.5 with a 295-35- & 305-35-. Being said , if your going to stick with the 315-35- , purchase a nice set of light weight mono block forged wheels and you will be good to go.

OP
OP
Trent W

Trent W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Although I dislike the look of them, I believe 19s would be better suited for autocross. Lighter, less rotating mass, etc. As for tire sizes, I wouldn't know. Tire brand, however, Hankook RS3s are a good choice. As for springs, the Steeda springs seem to be the best handling springs out right now. About an inch drop as well. Hope this helps!
Ok ya that helps out a lot, I have actually been finding more 19" rims now that the car has been out for a little bit longer. At first I couldn't find any wider rim in a 19 or rubber wide enough for my taste. I wanted some massive meats on the back haha. is there a rear spring that is better for Auto-x than the stock that rides about the same height?

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Well in regards to springs, I know that Eibach, Steeda, SVE, and Vogtland have sets available that drop the car around an inch all around. I'd read some reviews on each one to see which set suits your needs. As stated before, the Steeda springs have gotten great reviews in regards to handling. My father has been using Eibach springs and stabilizer sets on his cars for years and has loved them. So again, research my friend.