2018 Mustang GT

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
How are you controlling it? The DW Micros I have can allegedly (according to DW) run for an hour dry and still keep going. But I don't like the idea of them running dry or cavitating. Not sure they'd last very long. Once the passenger side is drawn completely down (1/2 tank with all of it on the driver's side) I'm not a fan of the manual switch. I tried an Autometer Elite Pro Control gauage, but it's not working quite how I want it.
Angrey,

I was kicking around the idea of running a single fuelab 92902. I have a really awesome fab company (designed and built the Panoz La Mans race cars) I was going to see if the could make a hat/bucket and run a single pump with a siphonā€¦..thoughts?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Angrey,

I was kicking around the idea of running a single fuelab 92902. I have a really awesome fab company (designed and built the Panoz La Mans race cars) I was going to see if the could make a hat/bucket and run a single pump with a siphonā€¦..thoughts?
I don't like the siphon. It reduces the primary pump capacity and it's too slow to be effective for anything other than typical daily use.

The low pressure lift pumps don't add much draw. Between the two DW Micros and the two DW440's, I'm running slighly more draw than a typical 285 pump at full power. At full boogie they're drawing about the same with the lift pumps as a pair of 285's , which is fine by me because that's rare.

When cruising and the lifts off, I'm down near where you are.

The Radium bucket (you realize there's a new version) will allow you to run 2 brushless pumps (has 8 posts for pumps and 2 posts for sending unit). Radium even claims it can run the BKS1000 veyron pump.

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Iā€™ll play. Roughly $1400-$1700 for just pumps, controllers and electronic regulator depending on who you purchase from. Hat is another $500.
Yeah, Iā€™m trying to apply the K.I.S.S method here. When I run the drags or road Atlanta Iā€™ll never be below 1/2. But I daily drive my car and I was thinking a custom hat/bucket for the 92902 pump. 1800 on gas and 1260 on e85ā€¦ I donā€™t think I would exceed those numbers everā€¦

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yeah, Iā€™m trying to apply the K.I.S.S method here. When I run the drags or road Atlanta Iā€™ll never be below 1/2. But I daily drive my car and I was thinking a custom hat/bucket for the 92902 pump. 1800 on gas and 1260 on e85ā€¦ I donā€™t think I would exceed those numbers everā€¦
Fuelab created a bucket for the S197 that included that pump (or it's predecessor). It was a decade ago. They put money and effort into developing it and virtually no one bought it. It was cheaper than a comparable Fore Triple Pump system. They were 10 years ahead of the market. When I spoke to them (couple years ago) I pleaded with them to replicte the kit for the S550 fuel bucket/tanks and they basically said no, they got burned the last time.

The issue isn't for trailer queens or drag centric street cars. The issue is being able to run the car hard to very low fuel levels. So if you ever track the car (in longer sessions) you can run longer without needing fuel. Or if you just want the ability to be able to run longer between fill ups (while still being confident when you mash it won't starve).

I just didn't like the market offerings and being told "it's fine as long as you don't go below 1/2 tank."

On a trip between Miami and Orlando, when I was N/A on the stock pumps, I could rip and WOT as often as I wanted all the way to very low tank levels. Now that I'm boosted, I wanted the same driveability and refinement I had before. Like I wrote earlier, lots of guys will probably say it's not worth the cost or brain damage. I want to run more than 60 or 70 miles before I have to refuel a street car. And I don't like running an extra 70 miles where I'm limited like an old woman for fear of smoking the motor. The drop in mileage is bad enough with E85 and naked fuel hangers just make the issue that much worse.

OP
OP

Aussie-up-north

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
How are you controlling it? The DW Micros I have can allegedly (according to DW) run for an hour dry and still keep going. But I don't like the idea of them running dry or cavitating. Not sure they'd last very long. Once the passenger side is drawn completely down (1/2 tank with all of it on the driver's side) I'm not a fan of the manual switch. I tried an Autometer Elite Pro Control gauage, but it's not working quite how I want it.
float switch and a relay. Had to get one that was hermetically sealed.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Iā€™m a bit more than that :p
The DW440's are good to be boosted to 22V intermittent (18V continuous) according to DW. So if I wanted I could go harder with a booster but I actually detuned and went the other direction (1000 rear). My point is, the bucket can handle virtually anything you throw at it, and that was without dumping 400 l/h in it from the lift pumps.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Aussie-up-north

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
Itā€™s a tight Swede thatā€™s what I had. If our tanks were 1 inch deeper it would be good.

Iā€™m still thinking of doing a spare tire tank

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Itā€™s a tight Swede thatā€™s what I had. If our tanks were 1 inch deeper it would be good.

Iā€™m still thinking of doing a spare tire tank
That could be an option for a surge tank but my amps are going there. My preference would be a one large pump solution. Areomotive also has a single 7 pump that supports a lot of power as well.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Fuelab created a bucket for the S197 that included that pump (or it's predecessor). It was a decade ago. They put money and effort into developing it and virtually no one bought it. It was cheaper than a comparable Fore Triple Pump system. They were 10 years ahead of the market. When I spoke to them (couple years ago) I pleaded with them to replicte the kit for the S550 fuel bucket/tanks and they basically said no, they got burned the last time.

The issue isn't for trailer queens or drag centric street cars. The issue is being able to run the car hard to very low fuel levels. So if you ever track the car (in longer sessions) you can run longer without needing fuel. Or if you just want the ability to be able to run longer between fill ups (while still being confident when you mash it won't starve).

I just didn't like the market offerings and being told "it's fine as long as you don't go below 1/2 tank."

On a trip between Miami and Orlando, when I was N/A on the stock pumps, I could rip and WOT as often as I wanted all the way to very low tank levels. Now that I'm boosted, I wanted the same driveability and refinement I had before. Like I wrote earlier, lots of guys will probably say it's not worth the cost or brain damage. I want to run more than 60 or 70 miles before I have to refuel a street car. And I don't like running an extra 70 miles where I'm limited like an old woman for fear of smoking the motor. The drop in mileage is bad enough with E85 and naked fuel hangers just make the issue that much worse.
So is there a viable and not ridiculously invasive way to eliminate the constant refuel issue?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So is there a viable and not ridiculously invasive way to eliminate the constant refuel issue?
Surge tank. I just didn't like the idea of having it inside the firewall with me or taking up trunk space. I looked at tire well tanks and was very close to going that direction, Radium makes in in well tank surge tank option. Fits the big ginormous brushless pumps too. Much less restrictions on brushless compared to the OEM hanger/bucket constraints.
Sponsored