Sponsored

Need input from 'mature' drivers ('19 GT Premium, MT86, AE, B&O, 401A, black pckg)

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
maybe special order exactly what you want.
IT wouldn't work out for me, since I'm looking at basically the cheapest new 2019 Bullitt. A new one wouldn't be even close. Plus I already know exactly what I want: A 2019 $51,880 MSRP Bullitt :D (test-drove one today). That includes the electronics package, MagneRide, and the green Bullitt car cover. Now just have to find the cheapest pristine example (preferably with less than 10 miles -no test drives), and as close as possible. Fun stuff. Ha ha.

A little late to the party but I'll weigh in.
That was awesome. Thanks, brother.

Hey gang, finally drove a Bullitt today. It was actually better than I expected in every respect, except the clutch, which was just as expected. Not that bad, since I'm an experienced manual driver, but it's basically an on/off switch. Ha ha. Oh, and never read anything about the brakes, which are obviously great. But man, they're touchy as hell. Wasn't expecting that. But no problem getting used to them. Center console and arm rests should have been leather, rather than cheap vinyl... but I'm used to that on my Platinum F-150, so not a big deal, especially since I'll never touch either one on the Mustang :D. Just like some of you guys said about PP1+MR, it's simply FANTASTIC. Exactly what was described. Didn't drive a regular GT (none available), but don't want to now. Ha ha. The PP1+MR is absolutely perfect in normal mode. And it must be WAAAY superior to both base and PP1 only suspensions in sport (or higher) mode. It's firm, but compliant. I'm 100% sure my wife won't have any issue with it. Seats are great too, and the leather better than on my truck, so a pleasant surprise. It was almost 100 today, and the ventilation worked fine (just like on my truck). Not sure if it also sucks, like on my truck (rather than blow), but it works. And yes, I meant suck literally, like a vacuum (ha ha). That's what my truck does (you can put a piece of paper on the seatback, and it stays in place). And hey, I LOVED the tranny, except a minor notchiness on the 2-3 shift (done correctly), but slowing it down a hair eliminates it. I'm sure it disappears after break-in, since it wouldn't be the first time that happens. After all the hate, I was expecting it to be worse. Of course the cue ball on the Bullitt is weighted, since I had to literally install it myself. Ha ha (it was missing -stolen- when I got into the car. Stupid thieves man). So maybe that improved the shifting over a regular GT, but I have ZERO complaints on this tranny. In fact, I'm WAY happier it's not a Tremec TR6060, since the last one I had on my ex-2013 Vette was defective from the factory (my car had 3 miles on the clock). Got the car up to 80 in 6th, normal mode, and exhaust in quiet mode, and it was actually quieter than I expected, so I was sold on this car at that moment. It doesn't have double-paned front windows, like my truck, but it's not much noisier than my truck. In rough asphalt, it might be worse due to the summer tires, but I'm sure that after switching to pilot A/S3s, it should be considerably quieter. Need to decide if I wear out the 4Ss, or replace the tires immediately, so I can sell the brand new 4Ss well. I'll decide that later :). Trunk is smaller than I expected, unfortunately. But I should make it work. The subwoofer took the entire right cubbie, and not sure it was worth that. Just remembered that I wasn't impressed with the B&O on this car; my truck's blows it out of the water, mostly because it has the sub inside the cabin. Doubt the trunk sub cavity is connected to the car. Or at least it doesn't sound like it. You can tell the sub is in the trunk, because it's muffled and weak. A person next to the car with the window open might hear it more than the passengers. Ha ha. But it's pretty good otherwise, so not entirely disappointed. If I didn't have my truck, I'd be a little more pleased with it. Ha ha. Minor criticism. For the price point, I was impressed. I liked it A LOT better than my ex-Vettes, for some reason, even though you sit a lot higher than on those. But contrary to my ex-M3 V8 manual, I didn't feel like I was driving a truck. Ha ha. Very nice driving position, and great visibility. So yes folks, I WILL be a new member of this family fairly soon. The 3 Bullitts on that dealer were beat to HELL, even though 2 of them had 19 and 31 miles. The one I drove was the worst by far, with heavily scratched seats, and heavily scuffed door panels, seat bottoms, door sills, and glovebox and below steering wheel. And that car had 260 miles. No way I'd buy any of those even at $40K (their best offer was $45K anyway), so will have to buy it elsewhere, unfortunately. Let the search begin :D. Thank you all again for all your super help. I could have bought the damn car blindly with your super detailed posts. It was basically exactly a combination of all the descriptions here. Thank you again.
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
IT wouldn't work out for me, since I'm looking at basically the cheapest new 2019 Bullitt. A new one wouldn't be even close. Plus I already know exactly what I want: A 2019 $51,880 MSRP Bullitt :D (test-drove one today). That includes the electronics package, MagneRide, and the green Bullitt car cover. Now just have to find the cheapest pristine example (preferably with less than 10 miles -no test drives), and as close as possible. Fun stuff. Ha ha.
Where did you test drive it. With your zip code I found 1 Black 2019 Bullit with the $51,880 MSRP. Its located at Casa Ford. I don't know of this is the one that you bought but If you can't get a good deal then you will need to go out of your areas like I did.

https://www.casaford.com/new/1FA6P8K0XK5505525.htm

I also found 2 Green Bullit here in south Florida. They both the $51880 MSRP, below are the links

https://www.coconutpointford.com/new-Estero-2019-Ford-Mustang-Bullitt-1FA6P8K08K5505250

https://www.coconutpointford.com/new-Estero-2019-Ford-Mustang-Bullitt-1FA6P8K01K5507020
Screenshot_20200510-061808_Chrome.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Concerning the trunk. For short trips its been pretty good for us. Keep in mind the back seatbacks fold down so it opens up and allows a lot more room for luggage on extended trips.
I layed the seats down recently on mine and I don't think loading my wifes 4 suitcases and my little overnight bag will be a problem.

Been fun watching your progression, good luck and hope to see pics soon.

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
Very late to this party but been following it intently. I am also older(73) and currently have a 2016 Boxster GTS which is very close to the OP(2016 Cayman GTS). In the past, have had several Mustangs from 1966 to a 2012 S197 GT MT. I have started looking at the Mustang again as I do miss the V8 torque, overall room and ease of repair as I like to tinker with my cars.. As the OP knows, my 981 GTS handles like it is on rails with no body roll or cowl shake. It is built to a fairly high price point with PDK, full leather etc. My question: since I have had my GTS my wife really likes the top down option. Given that, need to look at a vert. Can a convertible GT with magnaRide and PP1 be made to handle close to the roofed car? I know the GT vert will never handle quite as planted as the P car (not talking GT350) but does anyone have ideas of how close it could come? I have looked at after market bracing and that comes highly rated but this posts' responses have impressed me and wanted to ask. I too, am looking at a manual and know what I am looking for will be hard to find but in no hurry.

Sponsored

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Masked, doing two forums as I did not get any responses in the Convertible forum for a day so thanks for following both and adding insight. I do plan to drive some but with the current quarantine makes it difficult. I did however drive a premium convertible in 2019. Was an auto but at the time did not want to pay over $50 for a new Mustang. Given that I did not want to pay that amount at the time for Mustang I did not really push it through its' paces. I had a custom '66 vert I had built and the new one handled better than that but given a 50 year difference that is not a big deal. I thought I wanted more of a toy so I bought a 2018 Polaris Slingshot and it was fun but limited in some areas.. That led me to my P car. The P is a great car for what it is but sometimes you just want something different. I do realize that I will need to drive some as each of us perceives and wants something different but was looking for insights on what may be possible and what may not be by folks more knowledgeable on the S550GT than I .

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Where did you test drive it.
At Casa Ford indeed. They have THREE identical ones (2 black, 1 green). They just sold the other green with Recaros and no MR. But as I mentioned, they don't want to deal. But worst of all, the stupid people there beat up the cars badly; all scuffed and scratched. Looks like they were wearing rivet jeans and steel-toes. Geez. So even if they wanted to deal, no way I'd buy one of them. So will start the search tomorrow. Thank you for those in FL, but they're even more expensive than the ones here ($45K), and too far away for now. Want to find something within 600 miles, so I can drive my truck there, and trade it in.

Concerning the trunk. Keep in mind the back seatbacks fold down so it opens up and allows a lot more room for luggage on extended trips.
Forgot about that detail; thank you for the reminder. And LOL on the wife; sounds familiar (ha ha).

I am also older(73) and currently have a 2016 Boxster GTS
My brother had exactly that, loaded to the gills too (Carmine Red). PDK was awesome. Yeah, I don't miss getting in and out, and my wife even less. It felt like we were going to sit on the pavement. Ha ha. And since both had adaptive seats (heavy bolstering), it was even harder levering oneself into the car, to clear the bolsters. Since the Boxster was designed as a convertible, I never felt a difference against my Cayman. But it's safe to assume the Mustang convertible should suffer a little. But like you said, there're aftermarket braces that should minimize that. It's also safe to say it wouldn't handle like your Boxster... BUT other than fit and finish (where the Stang won't touch it either), you'd probably gain in everything else. The engine is just incredible, and sounds even better than the F6 with sport exhaust. And contrary to my Cayman, you can actually make it even too freaking quiet. Depends what you want/need, but in my case, which was more of a grand tourer, this car is so superior in almost every way that I was pleasantly surprised after the short test drive. Can't wait to get one. And in your case, since you like to tinker with your cars, you should be able to mod a vert close to what you want it to be. Good luck my brother :).

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
JC,
Good to hear your assessment against the Cayman/Boxster. I do agree on your impression of the 981 platform.
It is not easy to get in and out of but can still do it without any trouble but who knows what they years will bring.
I do use it as more of a grand tourer so the trade offs may not be too hard to deal with. It has sport exhaust and with the 3.4 six will really scream over 6,000 but is not torquey as you need to keep the revs up and is geared very high. It is not really that much slower than the Mustang but lacks low end torque and the V8 sound. As it is now, it is worth more than a new Mustang as it has less than 4,500 miles and still has 3.5 years of Porsche warranty left. A P car out of warranty will scare me as you know the cost of maintenance is Not cheap and trying to find a service place is difficult if needed on the road. I know from driving a 2019 premium that the build quality and fit and finish is no where close but you mentioned that. I won't mind that as I am always OCD about a scratch or a nice in the full leather. With the Mustang that would not bother me as much and it might just see rain on occasion.
Good luck on your search and I could be right behind you.

Chuck

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey gang, looking to get a sporty, fun to drive car. Needs to be comfortable on trips so the wife goes with me, meaning a decent ride, decently quiet, comfortable, etc. So performance options are out. The only 'semi-performance' option I'm adding is the black package, since the stock wheels are ugly as hell, and the tires puny. The 255/40/19s are a good compromise IMO. For comparison, I use now my 2018 F-150 Platinum FX4 for trips, and my wife is happy with the seats, noise levels, and ride quality (although barely on that, since a live-axle truck unloaded doesn't ride that nicely). I basically want to row my own gears, much prefer a V8, and want it to be decently fun in the twisties. I had to sell my beloved 2016 Cayman GTS loaded to the gills ($100K+), with every luxury and performance option available, because it was awful on trips, and it just sat in the garage. I work from home, so I basically don't drive except for trips.

So how good is the Mustang GT premium as a travel car? If not good enough, then I'd have to look for a 6-cyl European or Japanese manual car next. Then a 4-cyl turbo. And finally, a luxury sedan if can't find a sporty car that can be quiet when you want it to. Here are my questions about the Mustang:

1. The Active Exhaust is actually quieter inside the cabin than the stock exhaust when in quiet mode, correct? If that's the case, which it should be, then AE is a must-have option, and the best of both worlds, since I can turn it loud when I want to.

2. Is the MT82 tranny that bad? I'd never rush shifts, so don't need that. BUT I like precise shifting, and a mechanical 'snick, snick' feel, to know what the shifter is doing. Hondas have that. My Porsche was precise, but lacked feel, due to a cable linkage. Is the MT82 cable or rod linkage? If not a great shifter, can just adding a weighed shift knob (options welcome) improve it enough to be enjoyable? If a new shifter is needed, which options are recommended, and do they increase the probability of grinding gears? And what's the 'clutch spring' mod I keep reading consists of? And why it's needed? Curious about that. Also about clutch effort needed. And how about reliability without abuse? Synchros? The Tremec on my last Vette had a defective 2nd gear synchro right off the bat (a weird 'sideways' design still present today, so a Tremec for me would be a deal-breaker). Finally how about the clutch feel and effort? Elaborate all you want on this issue, please. Haven't been able to test-drive a Mustang yet.

3. Those who own a '19 or newer (or older if exactly the same), who have done long trips on their Mustangs, please comment on all (good and bad) aspects of that. I live in TX, so usually travel at 80+ most of the time. Roads are horrible, so A/S tires are a must, which the black package has, although not great at all (Zero Neros). Are the ventilated seats effective? How about the A/C? Please comments on all aspects of travel comfort.

4. Any suggestions to make the car quieter, please discuss it here. Heard there's a 'tube', which I imagine is an intake tube to pipe engine sound to the cabin. Where is it? And how easy is to remove? And how much noise it eliminates? I HATE intake noise, so I'd definitely remove that. If I want to hear the engine, that'd be the job of the AE in sport mode. Are the front windows double-pane, like on my truck? With the window open, you can easily see the 'sandwich' if so equipped.

That's it for now folks. And if some young guys also enjoy a relatively quiet car, and have a car similarly equipped like I specified at the beginning, please jump in. But the majority are only interested in making them noisier and quicker, hence calling for 'mature' drivers. Ha ha. I'm 58, so not into that anymore. And battling cancer for 5 years, I can't have multiple cars anymore, so it has to be a jack of all trades. Thank you all in advance for your help.
JC

I guess I'm a week late with a response, but it's my bday, so what the heck. :)

I "Bit the Bullitt" a few months ago, traded in a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport in manual. I loved that car, sporty feel, but it was only a front wheel drive and the turbo with 252hp made me want more power, plus I didn't need such a large car.
I traded it for a 2019 Bullitt, it has a PP1 essentially. It also has the electronics package (so BLIS, upgraded stereo, etc.) and also the MagneRide. I took it on a 12hr each way trip, from SW Ohio to Brunswick, GA and back, so it was a 800+ mile trip each way straight through without sleeping over anywhere. Cooled and heated seats are nice, heated get plenty hot and the cooling at level 1 is comfortable on most days, level 3 is almost too cold on the.....various places, if you know what I mean. :)
Heated steering wheel is nice, but doesn't get super warm.
They are comfortable seats, me and my wife (we are in our late 20s, so maybe we tolerate trips and car seats better) liked how comfortable it was. It was purring pretty easily up and down the hills of KY and TN. Don't think we cruised much above 80mph, but at 70mph and exhaust in "quiet" mode you could barely hear it, wind noise minimal, comfortable ride. Android Auto beats the decent navigation, making the ride even better.

But then the bonus is when you want to have fun and be loud, the "track" mode on the exhaust provides the best sound of any V8 in my opinion. I actually recorded a short video comparing normal/quiet/track exhaust and sent it to my family back in Czech, so I can send/upload this for you to compare, let me know. Also, pretty sure the Bullitt doesn't have any piped in noise. It is audible from inside with windows closed, but no more than any other car, barely audible with the "quiet" mode and nicely loud in "track."

As far as the gear shifting, the Accord's shifting was a little vague and soft, mostly for beginners with stick shift. In the Mustang, it's just different. It requires some heel-to-toe adjustment and yes, I've grinded the gears a little since it's taking a bit to get used to.

That's about all the answers to your questions. Let me know, I don't mind doing a more in-depth comparison, I've had a recent experience with a comfortable sporty sedan in a stick and upgraded to a rowdy (yet settled) Bullitt. :)

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey gang, looking to get a sporty, fun to drive car. Needs to be comfortable on trips so the wife goes with me, meaning a decent ride, decently quiet, comfortable, etc. So performance options are out. The only 'semi-performance' option I'm adding is the black package, since the stock wheels are ugly as hell, and the tires puny. The 255/40/19s are a good compromise IMO. For comparison, I use now my 2018 F-150 Platinum FX4 for trips, and my wife is happy with the seats, noise levels, and ride quality (although barely on that, since a live-axle truck unloaded doesn't ride that nicely). I basically want to row my own gears, much prefer a V8, and want it to be decently fun in the twisties. I had to sell my beloved 2016 Cayman GTS loaded to the gills ($100K+), with every luxury and performance option available, because it was awful on trips, and it just sat in the garage. I work from home, so I basically don't drive except for trips.

So how good is the Mustang GT premium as a travel car? If not good enough, then I'd have to look for a 6-cyl European or Japanese manual car next. Then a 4-cyl turbo. And finally, a luxury sedan if can't find a sporty car that can be quiet when you want it to. Here are my questions about the Mustang:

1. The Active Exhaust is actually quieter inside the cabin than the stock exhaust when in quiet mode, correct? If that's the case, which it should be, then AE is a must-have option, and the best of both worlds, since I can turn it loud when I want to.

2. Is the MT82 tranny that bad? I'd never rush shifts, so don't need that. BUT I like precise shifting, and a mechanical 'snick, snick' feel, to know what the shifter is doing. Hondas have that. My Porsche was precise, but lacked feel, due to a cable linkage. Is the MT82 cable or rod linkage? If not a great shifter, can just adding a weighed shift knob (options welcome) improve it enough to be enjoyable? If a new shifter is needed, which options are recommended, and do they increase the probability of grinding gears? And what's the 'clutch spring' mod I keep reading consists of? And why it's needed? Curious about that. Also about clutch effort needed. And how about reliability without abuse? Synchros? The Tremec on my last Vette had a defective 2nd gear synchro right off the bat (a weird 'sideways' design still present today, so a Tremec for me would be a deal-breaker). Finally how about the clutch feel and effort? Elaborate all you want on this issue, please. Haven't been able to test-drive a Mustang yet.

3. Those who own a '19 or newer (or older if exactly the same), who have done long trips on their Mustangs, please comment on all (good and bad) aspects of that. I live in TX, so usually travel at 80+ most of the time. Roads are horrible, so A/S tires are a must, which the black package has, although not great at all (Zero Neros). Are the ventilated seats effective? How about the A/C? Please comments on all aspects of travel comfort.

4. Any suggestions to make the car quieter, please discuss it here. Heard there's a 'tube', which I imagine is an intake tube to pipe engine sound to the cabin. Where is it? And how easy is to remove? And how much noise it eliminates? I HATE intake noise, so I'd definitely remove that. If I want to hear the engine, that'd be the job of the AE in sport mode. Are the front windows double-pane, like on my truck? With the window open, you can easily see the 'sandwich' if so equipped.

That's it for now folks. And if some young guys also enjoy a relatively quiet car, and have a car similarly equipped like I specified at the beginning, please jump in. But the majority are only interested in making them noisier and quicker, hence calling for 'mature' drivers. Ha ha. I'm 58, so not into that anymore. And battling cancer for 5 years, I can't have multiple cars anymore, so it has to be a jack of all trades. Thank you all in advance for your help.
JC

1 18+ mustangs with active exhaust are pretty quiet inside and out - the stock car WITHOUT AE is very quiet when cruising. there is only a note when you step on it really. Conversations can be had at a normal spoken loudness. the car is louder when you begin changing components in the exhaust system, but still very tame unless you go with the obnoxious stuff.

2. I have a 18 Manual, BOOSTED. no broken tranny, no broken clutch, not even a trip for a nagging issue. If you know how to shift manuals, EG, clutch all the way to the floor and rowing the shifter with the correct amount of force, you will have no problems. I have a 100% stock Driveline, no mods anywhere.

3. I driven my mustang on sever 1000 mile trips even when it was brand new. It isn't say as comfortable as a minivan, or a suv. but it is VERY easy to go far in, even lowered, like mine. I used to live in TX so you'll definitely have fun if you are riding interstates there. Ventilated seats work even better than my Lexus, I did nix the all season 20" optional tires for a more performance oriented set of wider wheels and tires. I found that these new tires I run are quieter than the A/S that came on the 20" wheel package I have had many cars, as as far as CARS go the overall comfort is LESS than the Lexus but not by much. The only thing that hurts it is that it is a manual. for long trips I prefer an automatic. The automatic cars are quicker as well.

4 I wouldn't worry about the tube, both my lexus and this mustang has it. It is no louder in the cabin than my Lexus except for the engine note of the v8 and the exhaust whenever you mash on the gas. When you get into the throttle, you hear a snarl, but its an AURAL thing, I actually liked it. You hear the V8 but it's not mind blowing loud. I find that since I went boost and subsequently removed it, I kinda liked it better. the supercharger makes a completely different sound, so I guess it may grow on me.

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
^ Test drive a MagneRide car if you're able
Definitely! Very nice ride in normal, and very good handling in track mode. And track still has a pretty nice ride too!

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I'm also a little late to respond. I bought my 19GT PP1/A10 last June with 5 miles on the clock, and it has less than 4,000 now. It's a base, with active exhaust, 301A, Smart&Safe and voice-act touchscreen Nav. It's stock except for the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on all four and 265/40/19's in front and 285/40/19's in the rear. I have removed the sound tube, which was a pain because there is no room to move around at the firewall unless you've got pencils for arms, and I've put jacking rails on for changing tires between the A/S 3+ and the Pilot Sport 4's. I also put red Katzkin leather seats and door panels in...since I'm in my mid 70's I'm just not up to shifting 6 gears anymore, although I had one in my 2014 GT TrackPak Mustang.
I'm getting set to have a two day 1300 mile plus road trip this Friday, and looking forward to comparing it my 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman S, which up until now is one of the best road trip cars I've ever owned. I've put over 5,000 miles of road trips on the car in the past 3 years, and done 1300 miles in 1-1/2 days...from Oregon to Phoenix and back, and Oregon to Northern Colorado and up to Montana, Idaho, Washington and back to Oregon.
When I got the Mini it had just less than 15,000 original miles, and now has 22,750 miles. So, we'll see how it stacks up, and I'll let you know.

Paul's Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, Magnetic, Showstopper Red
I'm also late joining this party but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I'm 65 and love my '19 GT. It's the first so called muscle car I've ever owned. I don't have the performance pack or active exhaust. The ride quality of the standard 18" wheels/tires is great. I suspect the 19" and 20" wheels will suffer somewhat in ride quality but will have better performance. I regularly take my car on 7-8 hour road trips and can't complain about anything really. The ride is good. The seats are comfortable for extended periods. The standard exhaust has a great tone and doesn't drone on the highway. I get about 26 mpg at 70-80 cruising speeds. The interior is quiet though I did install sound deadening matting to the whole trunk when I added a sub woofer. One option I have and highly recommend especially for long road trips is the adaptive cruise control package called Safe & Smart. In addition to the adaptive cruise control you get a lane keeping system, auto sensing wipers and auto high beam headlights. Other than steering the car there's not much else you need to do. For $1000 it's a steal!

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
I figured I'd respond since I own both vehicles (I'm 38).

D7Wsc4E3u5-4v2qSW-RxP8htZxYvgKf0RzNoV-Kz5Rdny08aramz0KLh0HZrjKzdPCqyyZAg=w939-h704-no?authuser=0.jpg

First off, my F150 (I have the Roush Fox 2.0 suspension) is WAY more comfortable than my mustang for long trips and is my preferred vehicle choice. That being said I'd go with the following choices if comfort is important.

1. Stick with the standard GT Premium and pass on the performance pack, I wanted the performance pack because I plan on tracking my car but it does come with an increased spring rate.

2. As others have said here, the stock exhaust is very quiet. I have no experience with the active exhaust. (I have the ford performance by borla sport exhaust, it lets you know there's a V8).

3. For the MT-82, if you want a more firm shift feeling I would skip all the fancy aftermarket shifters and just install a shifter bushing. I'll put a link for the one I purchased below. I also cut off the middle section with a sawzall and saw no increase in NVH.

4. For the sound tube there are delete kits out there, the bolt that holds the sound tube is a PITA to remove (required multiple extensions as well as the ability to contort my arms.

5. If you have the choice, and want the car for more comfort, pass on the recaro seats. I have them in mine and love them, my wife on the other hand does not. Again I didn't buy it for long road trips but rather a fun car to drive around and an occasional track toy.

Link to the shifter bushing: https://www.cjponyparts.com/whiteli...jE4va1ZrCWWrWtKtRvRJ1s5V_1n8_RRhoCe7wQAvD_BwE

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I guess I'm a week late with a response, but it's my bday, so what the heck.
Hey, happy Bday brother. I also had an Accord 6-sp, but a coupe. I just put an Acura weighted ball on it, and it was great. I liked the 'snick snick' mechanical feel of the Honda better, but I think overall I liked the Bullitt better, and right out of the box. Even with the short drive I did, I can tell I'm well within the parameters I needed to be to be approved by the wife. That's why I don't even bother to take her to drive one (she HATES that).

I driven my mustang on several 1,000 mile trips, even when it was brand new.
Great feedback; thank you. And yes, I noticed no engine noise in the cabin in quiet/normal modes, so not sure if I'd even disable the 'fake' noise (no tube on Bullitts, since they have a different intake), which reportedly only occurs in sport and track modes.

I'm also a little late to respond. I bought my 19GT PP1/A10 last June with 5 miles on the clock, and it has less than 4,000 now. So, we'll see how it stacks up, and I'll let you know.
Yeah, curious how things go on that long trip. Trunk space seems a little limited (especially with B&O), but should be adequate. My wife likes to take the kitchen sink, so to speak (her stupid dog, stroller, etc. Ha ha).

Thanks once again for all the great feedback. Hey, have a question for you that I also posed on another thread, but it's more relevant here. I'm increasingly considering getting a 2020, especially since 2019s have been sitting under the elements (and intense heat) for a year by now. And the 3 that I've seen had abuse damage that I just couldn't live with, so wouldn't buy them at any price. And the question is how much do you guys think the depreciation of a 2019 is worth? In other words, how much cheaper does a 2019 have to be over a 2020 to be worth it? 3K? 4? 5? Thank you.
Sponsored