Sponsored

Need input from 'mature' drivers ('19 GT Premium, MT86, AE, B&O, 401A, black pckg)

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
Thought I'd give a little update to my 2 day, 1,386 mile trip from Salem, Oregon, to Phoenix, AZ. Again, my 19 GT is a PP1/A10 and the only mod's are jacking rails, 265x40/19's Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ in front and 285x40/19's in the rear. My mileage varied from 23.52 to 25.73...not on the computer, but my calculations, although the computer was within 5%. Yes, there was some corner carving and 3 digit "Ground Speeds", just a really nice two day ride. The only thing I wish I had as an option is the MagRide...the PP1 can get a little harsh on some of the broken Interstate system in Oregon, California and Arizona, but overall it was nice. Again, the power on tap from 2,000rpm at 75 into the 3 digits, comes very quickly and with the help of the addition of the PP2 front splitter, no more front end float in the middle of the those 3 digits, I guess the extra 60lbs+ of down force is real.
Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I'd love to install the FMS PP2 slitter, but $500 for flat piece of plastic? I'd go $250, but $500+?

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Forgot to update this thread. Have K7979 sitting in the garage already. Bought it in Alamogordo, which is 20 miles away from some world-class twisties (Sun Spot highway, then to Timberon, and back), so took the car there. From 95 to 61, so windows open, sport mode, and enjoy the engine music :D. And what a delight to be able to row the gears myself :); tranny is awesome. Clutch is not the best, but already got used to it. Anyway, got the car to 0.85Gs, since new tires don't give much warning; it handled beautifully. That MR suspension is incredible; glad I posted my first intentions here, and was quickly persuaded to move from the base suspension, to PP1/MR. Haven't taken my wife for a ride yet, but I'm sure she won't complain. The cabin noise will be iffy, but I can (and will) work on that if needed. It wasn't that bad, but the asphalt here is just absolute crap. And summer tires don't help, so will see if I can sell the tires now for a good price (200 miles), or use them as much as possible, before switching to A/S3+. VERY happy with the car. Engine sounds very healthy, and on the quiet side, so hope it stays that way. Need to monitor oil consumption, but also hope I didn't get a thirsty one. Ha ha. Immediately noticed the PCV valve was defective, making the same rattling noise my truck started making at 12K miles, but just ordered a new valve, since dealer didn't have one. That should stop oil consumption too. Thank you again for all your help. I'm not going to touch this car, except needed stuff I already ordered, like Steeda full length jacking rails, black gorilla lug nuts, OEM rubber trunk mat, OEM rubber floor mats (4), OEM dual horn, and crap like that. Would like a matching dead pedal, and do some FORScan changes, but will search for that later. Thanks again.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I'd love to install the FMS PP2 slitter, but $500 for flat piece of plastic? I'd go $250, but $500+?
I bought mine from my local Ford dealer and he gave me jobber pricing, $378. For me it was worth it to help the front end float and keep it all Ford part numbers.
PP2 Lower Splitter.jpg

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Forgot to update this thread. Have K7979 sitting in the garage already. Bought it in Alamogordo, which is 20 miles away from some world-class twisties (Sun Spot highway, then to Timberon, and back), so took the car there. From 95 to 61, so windows open, sport mode, and enjoy the engine music :D. And what a delight to be able to row the gears myself :); tranny is awesome. Clutch is not the best, but already got used to it. Anyway, got the car to 0.85Gs, since new tires don't give much warning; it handled beautifully. That MR suspension is incredible; glad I posted my first intentions here, and was quickly persuaded to move from the base suspension, to PP1/MR. Haven't taken my wife for a ride yet, but I'm sure she won't complain. The cabin noise will be iffy, but I can (and will) work on that if needed. It wasn't that bad, but the asphalt here is just absolute crap. And summer tires don't help, so will see if I can sell the tires now for a good price (200 miles), or use them as much as possible, before switching to A/S3+. VERY happy with the car. Engine sounds very healthy, and on the quiet side, so hope it stays that way. Need to monitor oil consumption, but also hope I didn't get a thirsty one. Ha ha. Immediately noticed the PCV valve was defective, making the same rattling noise my truck started making at 12K miles, but just ordered a new valve, since dealer didn't have one. That should stop oil consumption too. Thank you again for all your help. I'm not going to touch this car, except needed stuff I already ordered, like Steeda full length jacking rails, black gorilla lug nuts, OEM rubber trunk mat, OEM rubber floor mats (4), OEM dual horn, and crap like that. Would like a matching dead pedal, and do some FORScan changes, but will search for that later. Thanks again.
Happy to hear that you found your pony. I know that feeling since the last time I owned one was back in 2004, after 16 years I was back in one and I cant be any happier.
Sponsored