Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Hello All,

Been looking for a solution for a few days,

Thursday Morning I'm picking up my new 2023 GT Premium Pkg about 450 miles from home, as I travel to visit a friend further away still. I'm trading my current car, so driving it there.

I'm trying to protect the Mustang paint during these highway travels and was shopping for a bra to use. Colgan has a great looking option, but none that I could find will fit according to them, because my car has the GT Performance pkg. Many others, including clear "film" versions say the same thing or only fit 2022. Though I suspect they actually will fit. No change to the fascia from 22 to 23, correct?

I can't see an obvious cosmetic difference between the non-GT perf pkg cars and mine? Unless it's mounting positions for the bra straps? Or airflow to the larger radiator? It's too late to get a Colgan now anyway, even if I send it to my friend's house, before I actually get back home.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated!

2023 Mustang GT Premium 3.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You don't need a bra.

Go to HomeDepot or Lowe's or WalMart - pick up a large roll of the wide 2" blue painters tape - and "wrap" the front end with it. You can also put it on your mirror caps and do the front of the rear 1/4's right behind the doors.

It's been done countless times and works.

Sure it looks silly, but who cares it will protect the paint.

EDIT:
And just so you know, vehicle "bras" can scratch the paint. I would never use a vehicle bra in this day and age.

OP
OP

Geddyme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Good idea, I don't care how goofy it looks either! Wax taped areas first, or no?

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
The tape won't typically stick to a freshly waxed vehicle. It may, but I wouldn't count on it. That's why they won't install vinyl graphics over a waxed surface. You will always see them clean the area with alcohol or some kind of decon to remove the wax. If you really want to protect it, have it clear bra'd. And yes, the '23 front end is the same as the '22.

PhillyMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2015 Dodge Durango RT
Hello All,

Thursday Morning I'm picking up my new 2023 GT Premium Pkg about 450 miles from home, as I travel to visit a friend further away still. I'm trading my current car, so driving it there.

I'm trying to protect the Mustang paint during these highway travels...

2023 Mustang GT Premium 3.jpg

First up, sharp color and car! Congrats!

But unless it's going to sit in the garage, why the need for special front end protection?
I mean, you are going to highway it anyways once you get it home...

If you are planning on PPF once you get home and want to preserve factory finish beforehand, then this makes more sense of course.

Sponsored

jpalmerino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus, 2017 AG GT350
You don't need a bra.

Go to HomeDepot or Lowe's or WalMart - pick up a large roll of the wide 2" blue painters tape - and "wrap" the front end with it. You can also put it on your mirror caps and do the front of the rear 1/4's right behind the doors.

It's been done countless times and works.

Sure it looks silly, but who cares it will protect the paint.

EDIT:
And just so you know, vehicle "bras" can scratch the paint. I would never use a vehicle bra in this day and age.
+1 for this. I did a similar drive with mine a couple years ago when I picked it up, felt silly doing it in the parking lot but for every car you end up behind or tractor trailer you have to pass, it’s 1000% worth it

OP
OP

Geddyme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
I appreciate all the replies, folks. Very informative and helpful.

I'll keep it taped up in the recommended areas until I get it home. I'll look into PPF after that. It's getting tint first & the place also does Paint Protection Films, Ceramic, etc.

Five more sleeps! (If I actually get any...)

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
You could also do a Track wrap or Track Armour tape. At least it's clear, more durable, and will protect better than blue tape. You could also leave it on for a few days until you get it PPFd (check w/ manufacturer on how long you can leave it on).

OP
OP

Geddyme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
You could also do a Track wrap or Track Armour tape. At least it's clear, more durable, and will protect better than blue tape. You could also leave it on for a few days until you get it PPFd (check w/ manufacturer on how long you can leave it on).
I will look into it, I have a few days before I pick it up. I appreciate the reply, mate!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Thicker paint. That's what I did. 2 years later, zero chips.
122052658_3447358628692411_6616049179293610845_o.jpg
Sponsored