Sponsored

Need help with knock. Roush phase 2.

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
I would like to post my data logs up so you guys could take a look and let me know what you think. Not sure how to do it using datazap. I’m getting up to 3.5 positive knock on wot pulls in third and fourth gear with my Roush phase 2 on Roush tune. Not sure if it’s false or not. I did the pulls right after I filled up with new gas.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium 6 speed
I would like to post my data logs up so you guys could take a look and let me know what you think. Not sure how to do it using datazap. I’m getting up to 3.5 positive knock on wot pulls in third and fourth gear with my Roush phase 2 on Roush tune. Not sure if it’s false or not. I did the pulls right after I filled up with new gas.
Put some VP octanium in the tank, let it mix, and try again. If the readings go down, it's fuel. Also, make sure advancetrac is off. After these two are complete, it will most likely be solved. If not, check headers and exhaust, bolts etc.

Also, is the knock increasing with rpm or decreasing slowly?

OP
OP

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Put some VP octanium in the tank, let it mix, and try again. If the readings go down, it's fuel. Also, make sure advancetrac is off. After these two are complete, it will most likely be solved. If not, check headers and exhaust, bolts etc.

Thank you. Advance trac was off. My torco will be in the mail tomorrow. So I will be able to log again tomorrow. I had just filled up with new gas as well. Do I just copy the link and paste to post up the log? I can’t imagine a Roush tune would cause any real knock.

OP
OP

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Also the knock is increasing with RPM. Increasing like a step.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium 6 speed
Also the knock is increasing with RPM. Increasing like a step.
If the knock is increasing with RPM, I think that means it's fuel related. Most likely just a bad tank of gas. Try to run it down, go to a reputable station, and then add some torco like you said. That should clear it up.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I can't imagine the Roush tune is causing positive knock if it isn't fuel related... I wish I would have datalogged with that tune to know for sure but it is super conservative.

What octane are you running? If already 93.. definitely add the torco and see if it improves. I know the Roush tune is supposed to be ok with 91 though.

Also, do you have headers or added anything else in contact with the engine that could be showing false knock?

OP
OP

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't imagine the Roush tune is causing positive knock if it isn't fuel related... I wish I would have datalogged with that tune to know for sure but it is super conservative.

What octane are you running? If already 93.. definitely add the torco and see if it improves. I know the Roush tune is supposed to be ok with 91 though.

Also, do you have headers or added anything else in contact with the engine that could be showing false knock?
I just put 93 octane in from BP. When I first noticed the knock was the tank of gas before. I ran it down to about 1 gal then fill up with the BP. I never use anything but 93. And I never really paid attention to the knock because I figured it was a real conservative tune. I data logged with Lund a few times last year when I ran there flex tune and never had positive knock. I just have the AWE exhaust. Stock headers. I will be checking that in the next day or so.
Sponsored