Need help with finding a part

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I bought a Ford Performance catch can from member here. Unfortunately, he forgot to include the special valve cover stud that comes with the mounting kit. He didn't swap the valve cover stud back to stock before he sold his car to the dealer and now the likelyhood of getting the part is zero. If anyone knows where I can get this stud or happens to have one (part#?) please let me know.
20201206_110149.jpg
Sponsored

GeigerZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
JL3Z-00812-C

Shows to be the exact one, but for a F150 though. 5.0L

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
JL3Z-00812-C

Shows to be the exact one, but for a F150 though. 5.0L
Thank you. Looks the same for sure. The 5.0l F150 uses the Coyote block right? Threads should be the same if that's correct.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
To be sure, ask ford performance.

Be totally honest with them, you may be lucky and find they are understanding :wink:

Worst case scenario is that they give you the full parts list / confirm the number so you can source from your local dealer :like:

WD :like:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Something don’t make sense here. None of the Ford air/oil separator, what you call catch can, use this type of fastener to attach to the valve covers
The passenger side use 2 plastic push pins to attach to the valve cover and the driver side don’t attach at all to the valve cover
Do you have a picture of your catch can ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Something don’t make sense here. None of the Ford air/oil separator, what you call catch can, use this type of fastener to attach to the valve covers
The passenger side use 2 plastic push pins to attach to the valve cover and the driver side don’t attach at all to the valve cover
Do you have a picture of your catch can ?
The -A50A variant of the FP catch can is for 2018 and up. It uses a metal mounting bracket and bolts to 2 places. The -A50 version is for 2015-2017 and mounts differently with plastic pins.

Reactions: luc
OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
To be sure, ask ford performance.

Be totally honest with them, you may be lucky and find they are understanding :wink:

Worst case scenario is that they give you the full parts list / confirm the number so you can source from your local dealer :like:

I will try contacting Ford Performance. Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The seller sent me some money to cover the cost of a new one. But Tasca wants $20 U.S. to ship it. :crazy: No US postal option. I will go through my local dealer.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If I end up buying a catch can, it'd be that one. But I'd definitely replace that ugly bolt with a nice black one anyway, since you don't need the part sticking up. But the problem is that you still need the spacer, which would be impossible to find of the exact size needed. Good luck finding it, since the catch can is useless without that spacer.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The bit of stud gets used for the catch can and once everything is fitted it doesn't look out of place or too long, I snapped this picture mid fitment :

It's not like it's one of the engine cover studs if you run without the cover. If the OP runs with the standard 'star ship enterprise' cover its completely hidden anyway (I appreciate your bullitt is different) :like:

I suppose you could use one of those black plastic nut caps, or even the rubbery type like they fit on the top of the MR front struts if you wanted to hide it further ? :like:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, the Bullitt is all open indeed. I'd use a black allen head bolt if I could find one of the right length, but not a big deal. I'm tempted to buy the FP catch can even though my car doesn't seem to need one, just for the FP decal, to put it on the radiator cover :). I'm not a decal person, but it'd be out of view, and go with the FP animation. Plus the Bullitt comes with some FP parts already:like:.
Sponsored