Sponsored

Need help picking a tune

Xavier208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 400a
I'm new to this so bear with me. I'm looking to tune my 2019 gt and I'm looking to get the Roush cai and palm beach dyno tune from lethal performance. So my question is should I get a 91 octane tune and add the optional secondary fuel tune with flex-fuel? Or should I just get the flex-fuel tune? (I will be mostly running 91)
Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
If you have access to E85, get the FF tune. You won't need any additional hardware and it will be a significant bump from 91.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I got a Lund tune and I like it. I heard pbd you great as well.

01Romanss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible 6 Speed PP1
I'm new to this so bear with me. I'm looking to tune my 2019 gt and I'm looking to get the Roush cai and palm beach dyno tune from lethal performance. So my question is should I get a 91 octane tune and add the optional secondary fuel tune with flex-fuel? Or should I just get the flex-fuel tune? (I will be mostly running 91)

I just got my Lund Flex tune loaded tonight and took a drive to datalog. I'm not impressed so far. I drive every evening during the last 6 weeks and I drive aggressively. I know my car. 2019 GT with PP1 6 spd vert. It felt like I was in normal mode. I drove everywhere, every kind of way and it lacked the responsiveness and urgency it normally has with the stock tune. It randomly rev matched on me, loud at times, soft at others and not at all at times. This is without my car in rev match mode.

I sent data logs to Lund and explained how I felt. I hope this isn't the best it will get. I run Shell 93 octane.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I just got my Lund Flex tune loaded tonight and took a drive to datalog. I'm not impressed so far. I drive every evening during the last 6 weeks and I drive aggressively. I know my car. 2019 GT with PP1 6 spd vert. It felt like I was in normal mode. I drove everywhere, every kind of way and it lacked the responsiveness and urgency it normally has with the stock tune. It randomly rev matched on me, loud at times, soft at others and not at all at times. This is without my car in rev match mode.

I sent data logs to Lund and explained how I felt. I hope this isn't the best it will get. I run Shell 93 octane.
Just got it loaded, what is your afr at? Had it even learned the e yet? How much 93 was still in tank when you added the e? Lots of questions here. But the flex / e tune is a different animal makes these cars way more fun. Proof is in the pudding. Whether dyno or track the e numbers are far better. OP you are good with just a flex unless you end up going with a dedicated e tune too. The peak numbers are the same a flex but the timing will come in earlier.

Sponsored

01Romanss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible 6 Speed PP1
Just got it loaded, what is your afr at? Had it even learned the e yet? How much 93 was still in tank when you added the e? Lots of questions here. But the flex / e tune is a different animal makes these cars way more fun. Proof is in the pudding. Whether dyno or track the e numbers are far better. OP you are good with just a flex unless you end up going with a dedicated e tune too. The peak numbers are the same a flex but the timing will come in earlier.
I think this is a base tune only
According to Lund, this is a no flex base tune. I’m running nothing but 93 octane. I was thinking maybe the car had to learn. I don’t know. I just know the car lacked the punch at 4-5k and felt overall less responsive.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I think this is a base tune only

According to Lund, this is a no flex base tune. I’m running nothing but 93 octane. I was thinking maybe the car had to learn. I don’t know. I just know the car lacked the punch at 4-5k and felt overall less responsive.
Oh just the base tune for logging got it. Just wait til you actually go e :)

OP
OP

Xavier208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 400a
If you have access to E85, get the FF tune. You won't need any additional hardware and it will be a significant bump from 91.
I forgot to mention that it is automatic and a daily. I will, for the most part, be running 91 with the occasional e fill up every now and then so I'm just trying to figure out if the flex-fuel tune would be the best.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I forgot to mention that it is automatic and a daily. I will, for the most part, be running 91 with the occasional e fill up every now and then so I'm just trying to figure out if the flex-fuel tune would be the best.
Mine is an A10 daily as well. I only cycle in 91 occasionally for maintenance. It's a night and day difference and can't wait til that occasional tank of 91 is empty :rockon:

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
AED is in california, may want to check them out. especially if you live close to them (cameron park) and can get there for a dyno tune. they're very experienced with our...unique fuel situation in CA

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
AED is in california, may want to check them out. especially if you live close to them (cameron park) and can get there for a dyno tune. they're very experienced with our...unique fuel situation in CA
And Shaun @aed is a mad scientist knows these cars in and out. Great to work with remotely even better if you can actually dyno tune with him in person.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
so I'm just trying to figure out if the flex-fuel tune would be the best.
If you get the LUND flex tune, it already maxed out 91/93 octane (within reason). The o2's use Ford's adaptive octane logic that LUND alters slightly to run E20 and up. So you might as well get a flex tune.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
Flex tune is a convenience tune, simply to swap back n forth if you have E85. If your sniffing big gains it ain’t gonna happen on a Flex Tune-but you will have a $400 gauge to earn some Bro points with the Affliction shirt crew. A dedicated E85R tune completely different story, do your own research but don’t be fooled that a *flex tune* will change your life. Eventually, you will get tired of reading about all the Flex/CAI garbage gains, #seatofthepantsdyno crap and order a blower.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
order a blower.
But some of us don't want blowers.. you know, cause a 10 second NA car is more impressive than a 9 second FI car.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
You just defined & provided clarity to the majestic art of Flex Tune deception. NA is like cheese pizza
Sponsored