Need help deciding which procharger

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Yes a straight cut procharger sounds like it’s grinding up small pebbles mixed with a 350 chevy Taft has a squeaky alternator belt.

Sounds awesome imo
Helical gear option gets rid of that sound if interested. Then just sounds like a jet :sunglasses:
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I'm a speed guy so 142mph in the 1/4 and 176mph in the 1/2. I wanted to to get over 180 in the half mile and just couldn't get there. Was stuck in the low-mid 170s.
Sounds like you have some room left in the d1sc. Ive been 150 in the 1/4 with stock engine and P1SC.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I was at max blower speed so I'll never know. Both of those are also on 20" wheels - because reasons.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I was at max blower speed so I'll never know. Both of those are also on 20" wheels - because reasons.
If you were at max impeller speed, you have other areas to optimize.

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
All the noise!!

Yea that is the sound I remember, so I'm definitely thinking I don't want a hang on unit.
Do not want everybody to know my car isn't stock, thinking Whipple or Roush stage one with no exhaust modifications, easy 550hp to tire. What more could you need for the public highway?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Yea that is the sound I remember, so I'm definitely thinking I don't want a hang on unit.
Do not want everybody to know my car isn't stock, thinking Whipple or Roush stage one with no exhaust modifications, easy 550hp to tire. What more could you need for the public highway?
Need and want is to totally different things....

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Def build what you want. S550 world can accommodate sleeper or a bunch of racket!

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sooo here we go, I have a D1X and i can tell you it does suffer a "little" down low. Now i did the D1X cause i did know that later i was going to turn it up with a built motor (maybe this winter) and just have fun with it in the short term. It hits really good at the top rpm and is not as responsive at lower RPM's i think, but for what it's worth to do it now it was the "right choice for me". As said if you have no goal for a built motor to get the max out of it, stick with the P1-X stg 2 (you wont be dissapointed). You can still get huge numbers with supporting mods and have a lot of fun with it. I am surprised no one here has mentioned spinning it faster and a wastegate on the D for lower punch... LOL let the discussion begin...

Sponsored

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Sooo here we go, I have a D1X and i can tell you it does suffer a little down low. Now i did the D1X cause i did know that later i was going to turn it up with a built motor (maybe this winter) and just have fun with it in the short term. It hits really good at the top rpm and is not as responsive at lower RPM's, but for what it's worth to do it now it was the "right choice for me". As said if you have no goal for a built motor to get the max out of it, stick with the P1-X stg 2 (you wont be dissapointed). You can still get huge numbers with supporting mods and have a lot of fun with it. I am surprised no one here has mentioned spinning it faster and a wastegate on the D for lower punch... LOL let the discussion begin...
Putting a wastegate on the P1X stage two sounds interesting to me. Does anyone here have that done?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Sooo here we go, I have a D1X and i can tell you it does suffer a "little" down low. Now i did the D1X cause i did know that later i was going to turn it up with a built motor (maybe this winter) and just have fun with it in the short term. It hits really good at the top rpm and is not as responsive at lower RPM's i think, but for what it's worth to do it now it was the "right choice for me". As said if you have no goal for a built motor to get the max out of it, stick with the P1-X stg 2 (you wont be dissapointed). You can still get huge numbers with supporting mods and have a lot of fun with it. I am surprised no one here has mentioned spinning it faster and a wastegate on the D for lower punch... LOL let the discussion begin...
Wastegated setup is less than ideal. The proper head unit for the setup will yeild best results.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Putting a wastegate on the P1X stage two sounds interesting to me. Does anyone here have that done?
I have a wastegated P1X. My blower is maxed out now so the wastegate is just closed all the time, but previously I ran it with a boost controller and at 12psi and 15psi with the gate. It improved midrange a ton. Boost builds instantly instead of waiting for 4k rpms while being able to adjust your boost level on the fly. The downside is increased IATs, but it's still manageable and was worth it for me.

Why do that? Just run it maxed out and call it a day.
Not everyone wants to or is able to run the blower at max boost, the wastegate will let you improve your midrange while still running the amount of boost you want. But yeah if you can max out the blower, the wastegate is useless.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I have a wastegated P1X. My blower is maxed out now so the wastegate is just closed all the time, but previously I ran it with a boost controller and at 12psi and 15psi with the gate. It improved midrange a ton. Boost builds instantly instead of waiting for 4k rpms while being able to adjust your boost level on the fly. The downside is increased IATs, but it's still manageable and was worth it for me.

Not everyone wants to or is able to run the blower at max boost, the wastegate will let you improve your midrange while still running the amount of boost you want.
If one does not want to run with the unit maxed out, the head unit is too big for the application. Centrifugal blowers are designed to run at or near max impeller speed. Increased IAT, added cost, added complexity, tuning compromises and rapid loading / unloading of the blower are additional downsides to a gated setup. If one wishes to have more low end pep, PD blowers would be perfect for that individual.
Sponsored