Need alignment?

EdubP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2008 Saab 97x, 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited, 2019 A10 Mustang Gt PP1
Had the Ford performance center at my dealership install the stop the hop ultimate kit. I noticed the other day it appears the rear tires toe out. Did they do it correctly or am I right and need to go get an alignment? Stearing wheel isn't perfectly straight with the tires either. To me it seems they half assed it.
20190419_125453.jpg
20190419_125441.jpg
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
The ultimate kit has the adjustable toe links, so it should have been aligned after install. Did you pay them for an alignment along with the parts install?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
That looks bad. If you can visually notice the toe its really far out of spec. Good thing you noticed, that could be a real handful at the limit. That much toe out in the rear leads to quick spins.

Also you know how much you can trust that particular Ford service deptartment to look after you (you can’t). Find the local shops that the racers use if you can. They may cost a smidge more but they’ll get it right.

Get an alignment, and let us know what the toe was at.

OP
OP

EdubP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
The ultimate kit has the adjustable toe links, so it should have been aligned after install. Did you pay them for an alignment along with the parts install?
Not sure. I told them what I wanted and they installed it. I assumed being a perfomance center and charging $700 for the install that it would have been included. I know it's supposed to be done.

OP
OP

EdubP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
That looks bad. If you can visually notice the toe its really far out of spec. Good thing you noticed, that could be a real handful at the limit. That much toe out in the rear leads to quick spins.

Also you know how much you can trust that particular Ford service deptartment to look after you (you can’t). Find the local shops that the racers use if you can. They may cost a smidge more but they’ll get it right.

Get an alignment, and let us know what the toe was at.
That's what I thought. It doesn't spin worse than I would assume but it does seem to want to get a little sideways when taking turns quickly. Sad thing is this is a well know shop. One that is praised for their performance packages.

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
The shop should have recommended the alignment. Give them a call and start the conversation; maybe you’ll get lucky.

If they don’t help you out with a great offer then scoot off to a performance shop with an alignment rack and get things back in place.

In the end, though, you can’t blame a shop for not doing work you didn’t ask to have done.

OP
OP

EdubP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
The shop should have recommended the alignment. Give them a call and start the conversation; maybe you’ll get lucky.

If they don’t help you out with a great offer then scoot off to a performance shop with an alignment rack and get things back in place.

In the end, though, you can’t blame a shop for not doing work you didn’t ask to have done.
Yeah I understand that. But if I had a shop I would have recommended it. Not everyone knows an alignment needs done. Granted I didn't ask for it because I assumed they were going to do it. I won't go back there it's an hour and a half drive and I haven't been happy with them since day one. I will probably take it to the local Ford dealership.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
OP
OP

EdubP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
There's your first mistake.......

And now your second......
Yeah I changed my mind and decided to go with a local shop I trust. Getting it checked out monday morning.

OP
OP

EdubP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
What exactly is the definition of this?
They aren't the normal service center they specialize in aftermarket addons and crap. They have those specialty packages with superchargers or turbos. They do anything and everything you want.
Sponsored