MY18 when do you expect delivery?

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Liverpool? I thought they all went to Zeebrugge then offloaded in Southampton? Apologies if things have changed! I'm just curious :)
They seem to have options now. Mine went into Liverpool last week.

If I was Ford I would definitely be testing the logistics of coming straight into the UK for when (if) the customs goalposts are moved next year.
Sponsored

angry343

A17GRY
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Are you going for ceramic? If so, who are you using?
Hi Paul its a company that's around the corner from me they have got the car for two days! Below is what they sent me!
;We will clean, decontaminate and prepare the vehicle ready for a 1-2 stage paintwork machine polish and application of Gtechniq Ceramic protection to the paintwork. Interior detailing and protection with either Gtechniq I1 Fabric Guard and or Gtechniq L1 Leather Sealant. Wheels off Detailing;

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Collected my GT this morning from Evans Halshaw Old Trafford. I briefly spoke to a guy there who was also waiting for a GT to arrive himself, but I didn't catch his name. Speak up if it was you!

No issues with bodywork, fitment, interior etc. I inspected every inch and I was happy with everything. A smooth collection. The only whoopsie was that I forgot to take my double sided sticky pads to fit the plates so I got one of the service technicians to drill the plates on the back and put the front plate in the window.

Very happy moving from a 2015 BMW 335d xDrive M Sport Auto. Handling good enough, gear changes fine, interior adequate, exhaust note bloody amazing!, Sync 3 was surprisingly very fast and no issues setting up Android Auto. Stereo sounds in comparison to my BMW Harman Kardon is actually surprisingly good! (I had low expectations).

I'll comment on everything later on when I've had a chance to play around a bit. But overall, I'm very happy! I plan to take it out for a spin later on with the Mrs, after I get the front plate stuck on.

One thing to note though actually... the bonnet! It requires a bit of fiddling to lift the bonnet up (pressing the latch in and lifting up)... and closing requires a LOT of force... you can't simply press down on the bonnet, it *must* be dropped from a height. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I actually had to ring my dealer to ask how to bloody close the thing as I was almost breaking it getting it to the close properly. Considering I'm going to be fitting gas struts soon, I'm a bit worried this is going to make the closing process difficult.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Collected my GT this morning from Evans Halshaw Old Trafford. I briefly spoke to a guy there who was also waiting for a GT to arrive himself, but I didn't catch his name. Speak up if it was you!

No issues with bodywork, fitment, interior etc. I inspected every inch and I was happy with everything. A smooth collection. The only whoopsie was that I forgot to take my double sided sticky pads to fit the plates so I got one of the service technicians to drill the plates on the back and put the front plate in the window.

Very happy moving from a 2015 BMW 335d xDrive M Sport Auto. Handling good enough, gear changes fine, interior adequate, exhaust note bloody amazing!, Sync 3 was surprisingly very fast and no issues setting up Android Auto. Stereo sounds in comparison to my BMW Harman Kardon is actually surprisingly good! (I had low expectations).

I'll comment on everything later on when I've had a chance to play around a bit. But overall, I'm very happy! I plan to take it out for a spin later on with the Mrs, after I get the front plate stuck on.

One thing to note though actually... the bonnet! It requires a bit of fiddling to lift the bonnet up (pressing the latch in and lifting up)... and closing requires a LOT of force... you can't simply press down on the bonnet, it *must* be dropped from a height. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I actually had to ring my dealer to ask how to bloody close the thing as I was almost breaking it getting it to the close properly. Considering I'm going to be fitting gas struts soon, I'm a bit worried this is going to make the closing process difficult.
Congrats on the new Mustang by the way we need photos or it didn’t happen :D you always need to drop the bonnet from about a foot away for it to shut properly, makes no difference if it has gas struts

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
……..and if you close it by pushing it down you will bend it. It's only aluminium.
Congrats anyway!

Sponsored

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
……..and if you close it by pushing it down you will bend it. It's only aluminium.
Congrats anyway!
I don't think I was clear on the process I was taking. I've had a number of new cars, but this bonnet requires a LOT of height to close it properly. Dropping from say, 8 inches, results in the bonnet 'hitting' the latch and not closing, I assumed that the latch was stuck/broken and attempted to press on the front outer area to dry and push it into place, as I had attempted to 'close' (slam) the bonnet about 5 times at this point. I think I'm going to have to disassemble the latch and figure out why it's taking so much force. I've already tried oiling the parts a little better.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think I was clear on the process I was taking. I've had a number of new cars, but this bonnet requires a LOT of height to close it properly. Dropping from say, 8 inches, results in the bonnet 'hitting' the latch and not closing, I assumed that the latch was stuck/broken and attempted to press on the front outer area to dry and push it into place, as I had attempted to 'close' (slam) the bonnet about 5 times at this point. I think I'm going to have to disassemble the latch and figure out why it's taking so much force. I've already tried oiling the parts a little better.
Id this a brand new car? :eyebulge: take it back - let them sort it anyway :D

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Firstly, congrats on taking delivery of your new Mustang.
Hope you can post pics here or on the photo thread, soon.
:thumbsup:

As for the bonnet. I've no idea what process the plant has for aligning striker to latch, on the bonnet, these days. How many latches are there on the 18MY bonnet??

For side doors we use to use a deformable plate holding two weld nuts.
The first time the door was closed the nut plate would deform to align the striker to the latch and then the striker bolts would be torqued up.

Without seeing the hardware close-up, I'd initially suggest there's a similar process for alignment, at the plant and perhaps the striker/s aren't properly aligned to the latches?

Hope that's of use.
Looking forward to the pics.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
our latch alignment is "down" or there is something trapped under the radiator cover, I've tupidly done both. undo the front two latch bolts and pull the latch up until it wont go up anymore then tighten bolts back down making sure it stays aligned, once snug, do a 1/4 turn on each twice (so 1/4 on right, 1/4 on left, 1/4 on right, 1/4 on left) and you should be good.

Been there done it before, you can with short sockets get It aligned with the bumper on.

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Id this a brand new car? :eyebulge: take it back - let them sort it anyway :D
I'm fitting my initial mods tomorrow (jack rails, bonnet gas struts, rear decklid), I'm also considering fitting an intake, exhaust mods and potentially a supercharger sometime in the very near future... so I have no problems with getting my hands dirty if it's a simple fix; honestly, I'd rather fix it myself than have someone else do it. I'll do a bit of reading on the issue later on when I get a minute. It IS odd, it's definitely not your usual level of 'slamming' that I'm used to having worked with many other cars.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm fitting my initial mods tomorrow (jack rails, bonnet gas struts, rear decklid), I'm also considering fitting an intake, exhaust mods and potentially a supercharger sometime in the very near future... so I have no problems with getting my hands dirty if it's a simple fix; honestly, I'd rather fix it myself than have someone else do it. I'll do a bit of reading on the issue later on when I get a minute. It IS odd, it's definitely not your usual level of 'slamming' that I'm used to having worked with many other cars.
See my comment above.

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
our latch alignment is "down" or there is something trapped under the radiator cover, I've tupidly done both. undo the front two latch bolts and pull the latch up until it wont go up anymore then tighten bolts back down making sure it stays aligned, once snug, do a 1/4 turn on each twice (so 1/4 on right, 1/4 on left, 1/4 on right, 1/4 on left) and you should be good.

Been there done it before, you can with short sockets get It aligned with the bumper on.
This actually sounds promising! I'll check this out tomorrow when I get the other small mods fitted. Many thanks

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the new Mustang by the way we need photos or it didn’t happen :D you always need to drop the bonnet from about a foot away for it to shut properly, makes no difference if it has gas struts
I asked Ford not to clean or otherwise touch the car, so I'm waiting until I've fully detailed the car tomorrow/Saturday.

However, any pics of specific parts etc I'll be happy to oblige. For reference, it's a magnetic grey GT automatic fastback, with Magnaride, climate controlled seats and without any custom packs (I have reasons for not spec'ing this!).

Rizmufc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt

Hi it was me who you seen this morning! Wanted to ask are you getting the ceramic coating done from someone or our you doing it yourself
Sponsored