My Review of Wengerd Performance Tuning

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
Part of my review specifically states this. You buy the NA time from Wengerd then he gives you a hefty discount once you go boosted so it only costs you $100 more in the end to do it this way
Thanks for the clarity. Was the extra 100 charged at the time of your NA tune or do you pay once you finally go boosted?
Sponsored

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
No you won’t need another RTD or more credits. As long as your new tuner also supports the RTD.

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Thanks for the clarity. Was the extra 100 charged at the time of your NA tune or do you pay once you finally go boosted?
So you pay for the NA tune which is $300.
the forced induction tune from day 1 is $700.
when you upgrade from NA to FI tune, it's only $500 instead of $700. Thus it costing you only $100 more than just buying the forced induction tune right away.
there is no "extra" $100 charge.
i hope that makes sense.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Talk to the k4xd guy about his he seems to do a lot of his own tuning.
He also has the slowest tuned 5.0/6r80 car in the U.S.
I wouldn't let him touch my lawnmower...

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Last edited:

Sponsored

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I just wanted to post my thoughts on my experience so far with Wengerd Tuning.
Ordered my RTD+ device it showed up in a day or two, watched his video as to how to set it up, had zero issues. Ran a baseline datalog before the tune just so he has it for future reference for any reason we may need to diagnose something to compare it to stock conditions.

Asked for a 93 pump gas tune for now before my supercharger, there's an upgrade discount to go to forced induction so it only cost me $100 extra to have peace of mind and know i can datalog with the device and have baseline info. WOW is all i can say, i've got more power delivery across all ranges and the car is MUCH easier/better to drive on a daily basis. But wait! there's more! i am now seeing an average 1.6mpg higher than i was. (only modification to engine related stuff is cat back exhaust/res delete) i still have a factory paper filter in the air box LOL and yes i'm still driving the car hard, and actually harder than i have before (on the street) to hit 7500rpm shifts. excellent tune! :muscle: The exhaust even sounds better and low rpm trudging around town is way better than before.

I have also had a bunch of dumb questions like 'can the BAP and 1050x injectors keep up with the GT350/87mmTB and ESS G2?' He has responded to every single question within a day and sometimes within 5 whole minutes. This guy is phenomenal and i highly recommend him for your custom tuning needs. I honestly wish i went with this street tune 8 years ago when i bought the car if that were possible because i would have had a lot more fun on the street every single day for 8 years, glad i got it now.
Ive been killing Wengered with a million questions and you are right he responds immediately. I am considering him 99% over most big names. The other Tuner I hear great things about is "Ortiz Performance" I am waiting for my FIC 1000 injectors, install them while I order the tune (I am stage 2 procharged 😉)

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Who does?
He is talking about me. He happens to be my personal troll.

3 or 4 years ago when I first started tuning I posted a time slip. This run had stock ignition timing.

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

3 or 4 years ago when I first started tuning I posted a time slip. This run had stock ignition timing.
🤦‍♂️😆

robb1320

robb1320
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt 300a Automatic Guard metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Wengerd,

I sent you my information last week, I believe . I'm not sure if you received it. thanks

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wengerd tuned my 2018 GT with a Prochrager P1X.

2 years later I am still running his tune. Car still will break the tires loose at anything under 50 MPH with 305 Nitto 555R2's. Insane. Perfect driveability and I can't stress enough how important this is.

Outstanding results and incredible service.

I tried Lund 1st. Tried PDB 2nd.

Should have gone with Daryl the 1st time. 5 Stars.

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
Wengerd tuned my 2018 GT with a Prochrager P1X.

2 years later I am still running his tune. Car still will break the tires loose at anything under 50 MPH with 305 Nitto 555R2's. Insane. Perfect driveability and I can't stress enough how important this is.

Outstanding results and incredible service.

I tried Lund 1st. Tried PDB 2nd.

Should have gone with Daryl the 1st time. 5 Stars.
Doesnt seem like it was that long ago but looking back i see its been a minute haha

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I just ordered my g2 kit yesterday, but I'm at a crossroads between Lund and Wengerd. I've followed Wengerd's on3 Car since he started youtube but Lund has been around longer with an industry-leading reputation... What made you initially decide on Wengerd?
Obviously not OP, but i decided ill go with Wengerd when i go boost (hopefully) this summer. I talked to Lund, PBD, and Wengerd all via email and Wengerd just had the best "feel" to the conversation. I felt like we were able to chat like two dudes talking over a beer. He answered my excessive and probably dumb questions and didnt talk to me like i was stupid for asking them lol. Im sure the guy is busy as fuck and im not yet a paying customer but i never went more than a day before getting a response.

Additionally, reading through tons of posts here, Ive seen people comment how they got messed up tunes from lund and PBD and they went to Wengerd who got them running right again. Just read a post today where Rob @ PBD turned off a dudes knock sensors and he blew the motor but they never even told him they turned them off. Im sure lund is reputable but maybe with getting so much business they crank stuff out too fast and get sloppy from time to time. Wengerd has even said on this forum that he just enjoys tuning cars. I feel in the tuning community there are people that do it because its a job, and people that do it because they actually enjoy doing it. Im more willing to work with the latter because, and maybe im wrong, but i feel they put more time and effort into something they are actually passionate about and turn out a quality product.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
@vaeevictiss and the guy flies his own plane to customers to tune them in person!! What's cooler than that??

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
@vaeevictiss and the guy flies his own plane to customers to tune them in person!! What's cooler than that??
No shit? Didn't know that. I got a little airport like a mile from the house. Where's he from? Lol.
Sponsored