Sponsored

My GT350R will likely be my last Ford car.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
:lol::lol::lol:
Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
My paint chips if I just think about it. Damn, there's another one.

Last edited:

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I will throw my 2 cents in.
I have a 2016 R early build GR044
It now has 14900 miles on it, has had 7 track sessions.
I have no alignment issues actually no issues other than the soft paint.
If you think buying some of the above cars mentioned solves that problem,
your not going to be happy. My friend with Merc GTS with 6000 miles has same issues.
Another friend with Porsche, GT-4, GT3, GT3rs and GT2 all have the same paint problems.
Gt -2 is fine with 300 miles on it all track time alone, trailered to event.
The paint process all used by these manufactures is the problem and the fact they
are low and pick up more rocks faster does not help. Fit and finish better, likely.
$60 to 80 K better not likely lol. The fact my car is faster than all but the GT-3RS and GT-2
for half the money says a lot.

I have done one brake job, only mod is maximum motorsports caster camber plates and passenger side oil separator.I have driven a 1500 mile weekend road trip with no issues.
I am not saying some don't have issues, thats would not be true, but true numbers
for a very incredible and unique car the number of cars with issues is small.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Again, the paint was so thin specifically on the hoods of my two GT350's that you could see the primer in certain angles. The issue is not how easily paint chips from road debris, all cars have this problem. Common sense tells us that rocks are harder than paint. The paint is too thin on the S550's because Ford cheaped out...[/QUOTE

With all due respect the day that I could see some primer from certain angles on any brand new car no matter what part of the car it was during the receiving process at whatever dealership I would be walking away very quickly or asking for some serious compensation.

:cheers:

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Perhaps it has more to do with water based environmentally friendly paint that we have these days. Based on some posts, it seems to be across many manufacturers.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Well, my 2013 Boss 302 was not flawless but it was light years above the quality of this GT350R. I love this car but dayum... the quality sucks. My Boss was $45k, my GT350R was $67k.

I look at my car today and so far here’s the list of issues:
1) rear bumper sag,
2) front bumper popping out on left front behind marker light,
3) lugs for factory wheels have popped the caps,
4) left rear seat belt clasp has a broken tab and won’t secure,
5) paper thin paint has nicks up front and in quarters,
6) front left fender vent lifting,
7) rear quarter window rubber lifting,
8) edited to add rear emblem broke.

I’m not gonna jinx myself on the engine...

Told my wife last night that I won’t buy another performance car till I can secure a GT3. Moving on... after 50+ Fords in our family it sucks that it has come to this but Fords issues are not skin deep. My Raptor has been good so far, and every Ford truck I’ve had, save the 2004 F150 with the crap 5.4 triton plug issue, has been awesome.

See ya Ford!
I agree with you. But put it this way.

It's like a hooker. she's not the prettiest, she does not know how to put good makeup on, her dress is not really matching her, and you would think twice before asking her out.

But man, when you do it, and stretch her *wings*, it's like nothing you have ever experienced before. It all becomes a blur. Nothing. Else. Matters. :)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Are you calling me a liar? I understand that you're completely in the tank for Ford and, as such don't care for my comments. But I didn't know just how deep you were in calling someone whom you don't know a liar.

The primer could be seen in direct sun. My first car was DIB and the second was LB. Both cars showed primer around the perimeter of the hood bulge. There was also dust here and there in the paint on both cars. On my wife's Explorer there was an ostrich feather imbedded in the paint as well. You may likely know that Ford uses ostrich feathers to sweep of dust off of the bodies between the primer and paint stages.

Having said that my Raptor in AG only has one very small fish eye on the edge of the hood and does not appear that the paint is thin. Perhaps that has to do with the color moreso than the actual thickness and quality of the paint.
Suggest that your reread my response as where did I call you a liar?

I totally respect your opinion regarding the primer showing through the paint and only suggested that you either refuse the car/cars in question or ask for some compensation.

BTW, I am not in the tank with Ford and only trying to be respectful to fellow enthusiasts such as yourself and if I can help you out going forward I will do so.

Very sorry to hear about your unfortunate paint issues.

;)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This has gotten petty and unproductive. Fred, what is the point of this thread?

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Pretty simple someone for what ever reason fell out of love with there car and posted various reasons why and now many are jumping on the bandwagon!

As has been said multiple times throughout all the posts in this thread, every car has issues. Regardless of manufacturer.

That being said we all have choices and I doubt if Ford or any dealership forced anyone to buy a GT350/R.

If some of you dont like the car then sell it and move on lifes to short to be bitter
about a purchase you made and regret.

You can nitpick anything or anyone if you keep looking long enough!

I am also not saying some here do not have legitimate gripes but there are many here that are very happy with there purchase.

Hell for the price some here pay for a full PPF protection you could completly repaint the car with thicker better paint and get painted on stripes if you so desire!

There are only a handfull of cars that can check as many positve boxes as this car but for some the negative boxes are being checked off!

People should either keep or sell there vehicle but dont spread your unhappiness to everyone here that enjoys there car!

Last edited:

No_step_on_snek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Pretty simple someone for what ever reason someone fell out of love with there car and posted various reasons why and now many are jumping on the bandwagon!

As has been said multiple times throughout all the posts in this thread, every car has issues. Regardless of manufacturer.

That being said we all have choices and I doubt if Ford or any dealership forced anyone to buy a GT350/R.

If some of you dont like the car then sell it and move on lifes to short to be bitter
about a purchase you made and regret.

You can nitpick anything or anyone if you keep looking long enough!

I am also not saying some here do not have legitimate gripes but there are many here that are very happy with there purchase.

Hell for the price some here pay for a full PPF protection you could completly repaint the car with thicker better paint and get painted on stripes if you so desire!

There are only a handfull of cars that can check as many positve boxes as this car but for some the negative boxes are being checked off!

People should either keep or sell there vehicle but dont spread your unhappiness to everyone here that enjoys there car!
Very well said, I generally avoid threads like this. Not much benefit other than complaining.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I stated my facts in the first post. Along the way a few people have come along and argued. Some have even insinuated that I’m selling my car or have fallen out of love with my car... and those are misperceptions that actually propagate a false narrative of the post.

Someone recently posted their dislike for the inner finish of the Borla pipes and said to stay away... I haven’t told anyone to stay away from Ford, I just listed reasons as to why Ford won’t get anymore of my currency for their cars unless quality does become Job 1 again.

Recently, Tom, I reached out to both you and Harry and said I was looking for a bare R. So the desire for the 350R is still strongly there and my 350R got “Best Ford of Show” this past weekend at a car show. I very much still enjoy every day I’m blessed to drive it. Those experiences are still great but they don’t cure the problems associated with poor Ford quality.

Unfortunately, where others take this thread is not my responsibility. It just goes to show the level of frustration members have with the crap job Ford does. It’s a shame that such an awesome engine has to be encased in such poor quality. I wouldn’t buy a diamond that had exquisite clarity, color and class just to stage it in a crap-finished copper setting but that is exactly how Ford has treated this car and some can say “well you knew what you were getting” but I honestly didn’t know S550 quality was this tough and then to tell me a situation that should be warrantied was likely my fault was a kick to the nads. People are just frustrated.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Nobody is forcing anyone to navigate to this (or any other) thread... just like Ford didn’t force anyone to buy a GT350.

If you don’t like what’s happening or being said in a thread, don’t click on it and your issue(s) with it are resolved.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Frustrated at a car that costs less than 70k that performance wise is as good or better than cars that cost MUCH MUCH more?

I'm quite pleased Ford was able to pull this off.

I have no problem with you Fred. I just don't get a lot of this.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
From what I see some people are very into the aesthetics of the car - more so than the performance of it. There's nothing wrong with that and I can understand if aesthetics and fit/finish are your top priorities that the GT350 could irritate you.

Frustrated at a car that costs less than 70k that performance wise is as good or better than cars that cost MUCH MUCH more?

I'm quite pleased Ford was able to pull this off.

I have no problem with you Fred. I just don't get a lot of this.
I'm with you, but like you performance is higher on my list than aesthetics. And performance for the dollar is very important for me.

Some people in this thread keep saying for XXX dollars a car shouldn't have this or that issue. For the price, this car also shouldn't have a FPC 8k rpm engine. And THAT is why I bought the GT350 - for the engine. I didn't buy the GT350 because I wanted perfect panel fit. And the engine does NOT disappoint. :ford:

I understand that some people want to have their car look perfect at a car show and that's very important to them. My biggest thrill has been outrunning trailered, purpose built cars at the track. I haven't taken my GT350 to a single car show. I think customs and rare restored cars are cool at car shows, but I don't understand showing a relatively new car. There's nothing interesting about it to me. Different strokes for different folks. :cheers:
Sponsored