azshelby350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 Shelby GT350 "FPRS #9"
Hello all,

Since there have been a few threads about the recently-sold fleet of GT350's from the Ford Performance Racing School, I've decided to share my experience as well. I have a 2019 Velocity Blue GT350 that is my do-everything toy. While it is not my daily driver, I've taken it to numerous cars & coffee events, on many drives with the local Shelby group, and to a handful of race tracks for some real fun. I have always been incredibly impressed with the composure and capability of our cars straight from the showroom floor. I recently added a host of Steeda suspension and chassis upgrades that have only made my '19 (aka "Jenna") even more fun! I had planned on keeping Jenna and continuing doing everything I just mentioned, and still will, but when I visited FPRS last month my garage was about to change.

When I first learned that the fleet would be sold, I was immediately interested. I was fortunate to attend the second-to-last-ever Track Attack program and knew what cars had already been "sold" while there, so I could look at all of the paint schemes and decide which I liked best. I drove #11 Avalanche w/ white stripes and loved it. But as someone who likes bright and bold car colors (and since no blue ones were available), I gravitated to #9 painted in Avalanche w/ blue stripes. So I put my name down on the list and flew home from NC to AZ knowing that I would soon acquire a second GT350.

My car arrived on Friday and I was so excited. After a quick but thorough hand car wash, I did a once-over on the car and am honestly impressed by the condition both inside and out. On the inside, my car has a few scratches and divots on the upper door panels from people carelessly throwing the shoulder harnesses off the sides of the seats. Luckily, the outer bolster of the driver's side Recaro shows relatively little wear, as does the seat bottom cushion. Besides being dusty and having a couple head socks, one GoPro mount, and a rogue bolt of some sort hiding underneath the seats, the interior looks about perfect as good as you could ask for on one of these cars. The exterior is similar - there's a variety of rocks chips and surface scratches here and there, and the bottom of the passenger-side door and rear quarter in front of the wheel is pretty blasted with chips (apparently Utah was rocky?). But otherwise only one wheel shows a little rash and the windshield is clear (but not factory).

I pulled the OASIS report that revealed the first engine replacement around 7k miles along with a new clutch and complete new transmission assembly as well. Both exhaust manifolds were replaced due to cracks, and there were a couple small check engine lines as well. The car got its second new engine only 3k miles ago in November 2020. It also got new rotors and pads in August 2021. Therefore, although the chassis has a little over 16k miles on it, the drivetrain components are far newer.

Yesterday I drove the car for about 150 miles to see how it ran, and I'm happy to report it sounds and feels pretty darn good, with one big exception. A new friend of mine picked up his car about a week ago and mentioned a "surging" sensation at low RPM's. Unfortunately, my car does the same thing - bad. A quick search on here revealed TSB 19-2135 about a possible transmission output shaft flange nut being loose that renders the cruise control inoperable and exhibits a surge or hesitation feeling. The best way to describe the feeling is if you were driving and constantly depressing and releasing the gas, making the car "lurch" forward suddenly and briefly over and over again. On the way home the dash also illuminated the wrench icon, so at least there should be a DTC stored when it goes into my dealer this week. Hopefully the fix is as simple as the TSB makes it sound, and I'll report back to let everyone know.

Overall then, I am very happy with my purchase. FPRS #9 (aka "Sasha") will be a dedicated track car. I already have a set of 19x11 square Apex wheels waiting to be mounted. A duplicate order of Steeda suspension and chassis parts will soon arrive as well. The big ticket items will be full Archetype Racing aero! Other plans include a full Kooks exhaust w/ long tubes, Lund tune, and MGW shifter.

Without further delay, I present to you Sasha!

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg
IMG_0919.jpg
IMG_0935.jpg
IMG_0949.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good luck with #9 and thanks for sharing!

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Very cool. I was there for that same class.

Enjoy!!

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Congratulations on getting one of those very special Mustangs. It is really nice Ford left all the decals and numbers on the Mustang. I hope you will get to enjoy tracking it for many years. Can you tell us how much the price was on the Mustang.

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I attended the school back in Oct '18 with a friend who also owns a GT350. He drove #9 that day, so we have a bunch of pics. Happy to share if you'd like any.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Absolutely love it, best color (only slightly biased 😏), and congratulations! Thank you for sharing. @Muligan incredible post as well. Very kind.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
OP….
Congratulations man!
Also, glad to here #11 was running great after I messed it up back in March if this year.

Sponsored
OP
OP
azshelby350

azshelby350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 Shelby GT350 "FPRS #9"
I had some time today to remove the seats and re-install the factory seat belts in addition to the Safecraft harnesses. I will periodically drive this car on the street to a cars and coffee or the like and don’t find racing harnesses to be very comfortable nor practical on the street.

Since FPRS did not actually remove the front seat tensioners, it was a matter of removing the door sill kick, unbolting the seat delete so I could wiggle things around, and fighting with about 1.5” clearance between the rear seat side trim panel and the Watson roll bar. FPRS used the factory seat belt holes to mount the lap harnesses, so I ordered up a set of Watson S197/S550 harness brackets to relocate the lap belts. Now I have fully-functioning street belts and track belts.

D2E12CED-8A1F-41C5-91DC-6FC19E983856.jpeg

2E290D3E-CC37-4743-BEE9-DD97A28A5518.jpeg

27B1DA5D-705E-4268-AFA5-E7FCB7C8BB3F.jpeg

EA0C772A-11DB-4E73-BB26-6ACE8D442CF6.jpeg

F72DCFCB-2BA3-4F7C-9DF8-DBD1E4935FFF.jpeg

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Hello all,

Since there have been a few threads about the recently-sold fleet of GT350's from the Ford Performance Racing School, I've decided to share my experience as well. I have a 2019 Velocity Blue GT350 that is my do-everything toy. While it is not my daily driver, I've taken it to numerous cars & coffee events, on many drives with the local Shelby group, and to a handful of race tracks for some real fun. I have always been incredibly impressed with the composure and capability of our cars straight from the showroom floor. I recently added a host of Steeda suspension and chassis upgrades that have only made my '19 (aka "Jenna") even more fun! I had planned on keeping Jenna and continuing doing everything I just mentioned, and still will, but when I visited FPRS last month my garage was about to change.

When I first learned that the fleet would be sold, I was immediately interested. I was fortunate to attend the second-to-last-ever Track Attack program and knew what cars had already been "sold" while there, so I could look at all of the paint schemes and decide which I liked best. I drove #11 Avalanche w/ white stripes and loved it. But as someone who likes bright and bold car colors (and since no blue ones were available), I gravitated to #9 painted in Avalanche w/ blue stripes. So I put my name down on the list and flew home from NC to AZ knowing that I would soon acquire a second GT350.

My car arrived on Friday and I was so excited. After a quick but thorough hand car wash, I did a once-over on the car and am honestly impressed by the condition both inside and out. On the inside, my car has a few scratches and divots on the upper door panels from people carelessly throwing the shoulder harnesses off the sides of the seats. Luckily, the outer bolster of the driver's side Recaro shows relatively little wear, as does the seat bottom cushion. Besides being dusty and having a couple head socks, one GoPro mount, and a rogue bolt of some sort hiding underneath the seats, the interior looks about perfect as good as you could ask for on one of these cars. The exterior is similar - there's a variety of rocks chips and surface scratches here and there, and the bottom of the passenger-side door and rear quarter in front of the wheel is pretty blasted with chips (apparently Utah was rocky?). But otherwise only one wheel shows a little rash and the windshield is clear (but not factory).

I pulled the OASIS report that revealed the first engine replacement around 7k miles along with a new clutch and complete new transmission assembly as well. Both exhaust manifolds were replaced due to cracks, and there were a couple small check engine lines as well. The car got its second new engine only 3k miles ago in November 2020. It also got new rotors and pads in August 2021. Therefore, although the chassis has a little over 16k miles on it, the drivetrain components are far newer.

Yesterday I drove the car for about 150 miles to see how it ran, and I'm happy to report it sounds and feels pretty darn good, with one big exception. A new friend of mine picked up his car about a week ago and mentioned a "surging" sensation at low RPM's. Unfortunately, my car does the same thing - bad. A quick search on here revealed TSB 19-2135 about a possible transmission output shaft flange nut being loose that renders the cruise control inoperable and exhibits a surge or hesitation feeling. The best way to describe the feeling is if you were driving and constantly depressing and releasing the gas, making the car "lurch" forward suddenly and briefly over and over again. On the way home the dash also illuminated the wrench icon, so at least there should be a DTC stored when it goes into my dealer this week. Hopefully the fix is as simple as the TSB makes it sound, and I'll report back to let everyone know.

Overall then, I am very happy with my purchase. FPRS #9 (aka "Sasha") will be a dedicated track car. I already have a set of 19x11 square Apex wheels waiting to be mounted. A duplicate order of Steeda suspension and chassis parts will soon arrive as well. The big ticket items will be full Archetype Racing aero! Other plans include a full Kooks exhaust w/ long tubes, Lund tune, and MGW shifter.

Without further delay, I present to you Sasha!

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg
IMG_0919.jpg
IMG_0935.jpg
IMG_0949.jpg
I had a blast at Track Attack i would love to go back and try it in a Mach 1. I drove #15 it ran great so mad I didn't sign up for day 2

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Nice job - they all left FPRS the same and now are starting to diverge.... gonna be fun to watch how those of us here on the forum with these cars personalize them and develop them to our tastes!!!

Keep the updates coming.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I'm leaving the belts as is. I am doing a resonator delete, oil separators and Steeda jacking rails for starters.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I know this is a GT350 thread but........

A young friend of mine purchased a Focus ST track car last spring as he went to the school when he purchased a new Focus ST a few yrs ago. Really neat to see the track cars on the street.
Sponsored