Sponsored

My CFTP order was just pulled.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Congrats on seeing it move forward.

Like others I thought the order was cancelled due to the wording and ignorance of the ordering process.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
It's a huge event in the first week of December. The Audi Club rents the track and you can register through motorsportsreg.com or hooked on driving. There are 4 groups, group 1 being pro/racers, group 2 being instructors and advanced, group 3 advanced/solo, and group 4 beginner/novice. The rolex 24 course is used (inside/outside) and this year it will be run at night under the lights.

It's a showcase of the hottest cars on the track and the driving is usually competitive in nature. Although it's not an official race, it's a balls to the wall HPDE event that brings some of the best names in racing to a famous course.

Anybody can sign up. It has been customary that first timers to Daytona are assigned instructors for familiarity. If no track experience, a school and instructor are provided until sign off for solo.

The event is always the first weekend in December.

Not really my thing but does sound like fun, and definitely something to do while cold up here, thanks.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So, update...... I received confirmation that my order has indeed been picked. The status is now unscheduled clean and I should have a VIN anytime between now and a few weeks. Build date to follow.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Great news and good deal.
As I am completely ignorant on the whole build process, what does this mean in terms of a delivery date?

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Congrats! Keep us posted!

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Congrats on getting pulled already. I just got off the phone with my dealer 5 minutes ago and changed colors from grabber lime to rapid red metallic. I couldn't justify taking the chance on the lime after all the different pics showing it so many different ways. From bright and vibrant to pastel and dull.
I also changed to Rapid Red after I saw the real Grabber Lime, called my Sales Manager at the Dealership after Source Book came out, to see if he had seen it yet, only to have him tell me my build date (approx.) & give me my Vin. #. 1 step closer, YEAH.

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
I also changed to Rapid Red after I saw the real Grabber Lime, called my Sales Manager at the Dealership after Source Book came out, to see if he had seen it yet, only to have him tell me my build date (approx.) & give me my Vin. #. 1 step closer, YEAH.
Congrats! I will be calling my dealer tomorrow. He couldn't find where to apply the black roof option so he was calling the regional rep today.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Hi Tomster. The Golden Ticket car forum people helped me find is recognized by Ford Performance but it is Unscheduled Material Hold. Should I be worried? Also is 15k over MSRP a decent deal for a Golden Ticket car? Nobody talks about them and I have no idea what they are going for.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Hi Tomster. The Golden Ticket car forum people helped me find is recognized by Ford Performance but it is Unscheduled Material Hold. Should I be worried? Also is 15k over MSRP a decent deal for a Golden Ticket car? Nobody talks about them and I have no idea what they are going for.
$15 over MSRP for a carbon fiber track pack car this early on is a pretty good deal.
I would never pay over MSRP but I won’t be getting one this year.
I hope it all works out for you.
These cars will be great.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
$15 over MSRP for a carbon fiber track pack car this early on is a pretty good deal.
I would never pay over MSRP but I won’t be getting one this year.
I hope it all works out for you.
These cars will be great.
I would never say anything over msrp is a good deal, it has been proven time and time again that as they continue to make more, and also hint at something bigger and better it determines the outcome of the asking price by these dealers. I always say take a look at the GT350Rs, 2 years ago I was constantly arguing etc with those who justified their adm purchases as they would never go down blah blah. Now look, and kinda say I told you so. But I get it you want the best newest thing out there and dealers know this, plus only 1k total in the U.S will be available. If you do not care about giving $15k extra away, as you will never ever see it as soon as it leaves that lot, then more power to you.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I would never say anything over msrp is a good deal, it has been proven time and time again that as they continue to make more, and also hint at something bigger and better it determines the outcome of the asking price by these dealers. I always say take a look at the GT350Rs, 2 years ago I was constantly arguing etc with those who justified their adm purchases as they would never go down blah blah. Now look, and kinda say I told you so. But I get it you want the best newest thing out there and dealers know this, plus only 1k total in the U.S will be available. If you do not care about giving $15k extra away, as you will never ever see it as soon as it leaves that lot, then more power to you.
Absolutely the $15,000 goes up in smoke.
But if you want it now, sometimes you have to pay for it.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Absolutely the $15,000 goes up in smoke.
But if you want it now, sometimes you have to pay for it.
Exactly! I or no one else can tell you what to do with your money, but any advice I give is the more people that pay adms it gives the dealers more ammo to load up that gun so to speak lol. I have yet to see a modern day rare Ford performance car hold or gain value much over the msrp. Until that happens, if it will, anything really invoice price upward, you loose as soon as you drive away.

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Exactly! I or no one else can tell you what to do with your money, but any advice I give is the more people that pay adms it gives the dealers more ammo to load up that gun so to speak lol. I have yet to see a modern day rare Ford performance car hold or gain value much over the msrp. Until that happens, if it will, anything really invoice price upward, you loose as soon as you drive away.
I mean Ford GT.
Sponsored