My CFTP order was just pulled.

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Congrats on getting pulled already. I just got off the phone with my dealer 5 minutes ago and changed colors from grabber lime to rapid red metallic. I couldn't justify taking the chance on the lime after all the different pics showing it so many different ways. From bright and vibrant to pastel and dull.

Tucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt500 (ordered), 2018 F150 Platinum, 2019 M40i
That's a long story that I don't care to get into. Thanks for stopping by. :like:
It was a general question on Ford’s process. I wasn’t questioning why you were selected.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
I think we can all agree Fords "process" is a bit of a dark art that is operated in secret. Some might say they are run by the Knights Templars.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Congrats on getting pulled already. I just got off the phone with my dealer 5 minutes ago and changed colors from grabber lime to rapid red metallic. I couldn't justify taking the chance on the lime after all the different pics showing it so many different ways. From bright and vibrant to pastel and dull.
I would have gone for grabber lime had it been as it was introduced (remember the metallic lime green over the shamrock)?

The next color that grabbed my eye was twister orange. Wow!

However, I struggled between rapid red and race red. Quite honestly, it was a difficult decision to make. It was a thought that occupied my mind day in and day out. And there it was...... a smoking hot chick in a bikini on the beach that wore a swimsuit that had a very similar color to rapid red. She was beautiful, and so was rapid red on her. So there it was, one of the more difficult decisions dumbed down to pure aesthetics.

What really matters is what Ford Performance has done from a performance perspective. Color is color, but it really comes down to performance.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I just got a call from my dealership and I was informed that the Ford rep had emailed my inventory manager to inform him that my order was pulled for build. I was told I will have a VIN shortly and how long it will take from there, well, I will have to wait to see the window sticker.

This car is going to kick the crap out of Daytona this year!
I am happy that you are getting it. It will be fun. So now you are going to sell a couple of ponies, right?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I just got a call from my dealership and I was informed that the Ford rep had emailed my inventory manager to inform him that my order was pulled for build. I was told I will have a VIN shortly and how long it will take from there, well, I will have to wait to see the window sticker.

This car is going to kick the crap out of Daytona this year!
So a lot of people on here, me included, bought the GT350 because I did not want a FI car and I was glad I bought it. I am not sure if that sentiment was instilled in you. But I am curious if you did and now have changed a bit?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
So a lot of people on here, me included, bought the GT350 because I did not want a FI car and I was glad I bought it. I am not sure if that sentiment was instilled in you. But I am curious if you did and now have changed a bit?
I could just say nope, but id like to offer you an honest answer. As I have always said, the 500 is the next evolution from Ford Performance. I'm a manual transmission guy, but you cannot dispute the performance gains that the DCT gives. Furthermore, the increased horsepower and torque in combination with the DCT are huge.

Never would I say that the R has become stale. I still have them and I will never sell two of them unless circumstances dictate otherwise. These kind of cars are lifetime keepers.

So I believe what you are asking is what has changed. The answer is simple. Nothing. The 500 is the next iteration and has the performance potential that I am looking for at a certain price tag. I am not paying a large ADM (and don't ask what I'm paying). On top of all that, I'm a Ford guy. I appreciate cars like the C8 or 1LE, but my heritage is within Ford.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I could just say nope, but id like to offer you an honest answer. As I have always said, the 500 is the next evolution from Ford Performance. I'm a manual transmission guy, but you cannot dispute the performance gains that the DCT gives. Furthermore, the increased horsepower and torque in combination with the DCT are huge.

Never would I say that the R has become stale. I still have them and I will never sell two of them unless circumstances dictate otherwise. These kind of cars are lifetime keepers.

So I believe what you are asking is what has changed. The answer is simple. Nothing. The 500 is the next iteration and has the performance potential that I am looking for at a certain price tag. I am not paying a large ADM (and don't ask what I'm paying). On top of all that, I'm a Ford guy. I appreciate cars like the C8 or 1LE, but my heritage is within Ford.
Nope, I would not ask what you paid. That is kinda personal. I don't have any ulterior motive for asking the question and was hoping for "not a nope", as the last two answers. I have always been a manual guy and N/A motor person. It has the raw surge of power that I like. For me, no nannies is best but that has gone now. The DCT is certainly faster and there is no clutch to change. I am glad they put a CF driveshaft in the 500. We must enjoy these cars until all electric takes over, but I will be dead by then. I just turned 65 so it won't be long.

I have been a Ford guy my whole life and my dad would have cussed me out for selling the GT350: and again for buying a POS GM product, my first BTW and last.

I am very jealous and happy of/for you on getting the GT500. It is nice to converse with someone that will actually use/enjoy it as I would.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Nope, I would not ask what you paid. That is kinda personal. I don't have any ulterior motive for asking the question and was hoping for "not a nope", as the last two answers. I have always been a manual guy and N/A motor person. It has the raw surge of power that I like. For me, no nannies is best but that has gone now. The DCT is certainly faster and there is no clutch to change. I am glad they put a CF driveshaft in the 500. We must enjoy these cars until all electric takes over, but I will be dead by then. I just turned 65 so it won't be long.

I have been a Ford guy my whole life and my dad would have cussed me out for selling the GT350: and again for buying a POS GM product, my first BTW and last.

I am very jealous and happy of/for you on getting the GT500. It is nice to converse with someone that will actually use/enjoy it as I would.
Thank you. I appreciate all forms of performance whether it is NA or FI. At the end of the day, when you are running with the big dogs on a fast course, the difference in the 350 vs the 500 will be obvious.

So, I hope everything falls into place in terms of my build timeframe. I have to get the car, install the lightweight roll cage that I have ordered from Watson as well as the harnesses, Xpel, tow hooks, windscreen protection, and all the other track items that need to be done. The car will still have to be broken in.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Thank you. I appreciate all forms of performance whether it is NA or FI. At the end of the day, when you are running with the big dogs on a fast course, the difference in the 350 vs the 500 will be obvious.

So, I hope everything falls into place in terms of my build timeframe. I have to get the car, install the lightweight roll cage that I have ordered from Watson as well as the harnesses, Xpel, tow hooks, windscreen protection, and all the other track items that need to be done. The car will still have to be broken in.
I have not read the number of breakin miles for the 500. I broke my 100 miles in my 350 in 2 days.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.

I agree I am buying the GT500 and keeping my GT350. I will enjoy them both differently.
Sponsored