Sponsored

My CFTP order was just pulled.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I agree I am buying the GT500 and keeping my GT350. I will enjoy them both differently.
Like yourself I very much enjoy my GT350/R cars but look forward to the upcoming GT500 and what it brings with respect to significantly improved acceleration times but also the much improved handling and braking performance times as well..

Based on recent conversations with key personnel at the FRAP the 2020 GT350/R's will be the last year for this Mustang model therefore suggest that anyone that wants a HP NA Mustang and standard transmission Pony Car that they take a serious look at the 2020 GT350/R's before they disappear for ever.

:)
Sponsored

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
I would have gone for grabber lime had it been as it was introduced (remember the metallic lime green over the shamrock)?

The next color that grabbed my eye was twister orange. Wow!

However, I struggled between rapid red and race red. Quite honestly, it was a difficult decision to make. It was a thought that occupied my mind day in and day out. And there it was...... a smoking hot chick in a bikini on the beach that wore a swimsuit that had a very similar color to rapid red. She was beautiful, and so was rapid red on her. So there it was, one of the more difficult decisions dumbed down to pure aesthetics.

What really matters is what Ford Performance has done from a performance perspective. Color is color, but it really comes down to performance.
That's one way to make the choice for sure! I am questioning which red as well but my vette is bright red so I think I am going to go darker red on this one.

Ford has done a great job on performance from everything I have seen.I don't regret getting the gt350 over a C7 and don't regret my gt500 order after the C8 release. Was always a vette guy and currently have two but the mustang just seems a better fit for me.

Also like the mustang forum overall. The corvette forums sometimes had an elitist feel and had to be part of the good ole boy club to really fit in.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
what is and when is this Daytona thing you speak of? Nascar?

and congrats on the build. very exciting to see moves happening, its been a long long wait

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
what is and when is this Daytona thing you speak of? Nascar?

and congrats on the build. very exciting to see moves happening, its been a long long wait
It's a huge event in the first week of December. The Audi Club rents the track and you can register through motorsportsreg.com or hooked on driving. There are 4 groups, group 1 being pro/racers, group 2 being instructors and advanced, group 3 advanced/solo, and group 4 beginner/novice. The rolex 24 course is used (inside/outside) and this year it will be run at night under the lights.

It's a showcase of the hottest cars on the track and the driving is usually competitive in nature. Although it's not an official race, it's a balls to the wall HPDE event that brings some of the best names in racing to a famous course.

Anybody can sign up. It has been customary that first timers to Daytona are assigned instructors for familiarity. If no track experience, a school and instructor are provided until sign off for solo.

The event is always the first weekend in December.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I agree I am buying the GT500 and keeping my GT350. I will enjoy them both differently.
I am hoping that Ford will continue to make both. They are two different cars. That might change a little if like I have read that the GT350 will get the GT500 block.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I am hoping that Ford will continue to make both. They are two different cars. That might change a little if like I have read that the GT350 will get the GT500 block.

The talk about the GT500 block, is just that, the 5.2L block, the GT350 would retain the FPC design (and not inherit the GT500 CPC design).

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
The talk about the GT500 block, is just that, the 5.2L block, the GT350 would retain the FPC design (and not inherit the GT500 CPC design).
So far that is what I have read, just the block. But Ford, as they should, keep a lot secret until that day comes.

I am also hoping they bump the GT350 to 560+ to stay closer to the proverbial 200+ HP more in the GT500.

Last edited:

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
So far that is what I have read, just the block. But Ford, as they should, keep a lot secret until that day comes.

I am also hoping they bump the GT350 to 560+ to stay closer to the proverbial 200+ HP more in the GT500.
I have a 19 350 it already has the 500 block and some R engine upgrades you can check by pulling off the drivers side valve cover and seeing K which indicates this. They didn't advertise a power increase unless they kept it hidden. The 500 and 350 I believe will be built along side each other for 2 years maximum if you look at all the problems they have with just the 350/R there is no chance I see they have the resources and capability of building all 3 and keeping up with demand/quality control. The 500 is their jewel now and all resources I think will be for production of it until it goes away in 2-4 years like other previous 500's. Also Ford signed a deal with Cali to continue EPA standards and electrical development these cars are the last of their kind and with uncertainty in presidential elections their focus is on developing electric tech and self driving not gas guzzling engines with taxes.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I have a 19 350 it already has the 500 block and some R engine upgrades you can check by pulling off the drivers side valve cover and seeing K which indicates this. They didn't advertise a power increase unless they kept it hidden. The 500 and 350 I believe will be built along side each other for 2 years maximum if you look at all the problems they have with just the 350/R there is no chance I see they have the resources and capability of building all 3 and keeping up with demand/quality control. The 500 is their jewel now and all resources I think will be for production of it until it goes away in 2-4 years like other previous 500's. Also Ford signed a deal with Cali to continue EPA standards and electrical development these cars are the last of their kind and with uncertainty in presidential elections their focus is on developing electric tech and self driving not gas guzzling engines with taxes.
Well then, I guess I will just quit driving and sleep on the way to work.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Dep

My thoughts exactly and then beer on the way home from work.
Maybe they will offer that as an option, the "Years supply of Homeward Bound Beer", HBB1 and HBB2.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I rather see this thread die a slow death than it turn into an electric self driving car discussion.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I rather see this thread die a slow death than it turn into an electric self driving car discussion.
Ok, then only beer drinking waiting for the order to be pulled.