Sponsored

My CarWow Adventure

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I know some have said the results don't make sense but to me the GT doesn't particularly feel like a 444 bhp/ 530 Nm car, yes its weight is more than Gok Wan on a fat day but even so it has never felt as quick to me (upto maybe 80-100mph) as an F80 M3 similar power, weight, admittedly forced induction. I reckon my ZF auto M135i would have battered my GT up to the legal speed limit+, auto or manual, my m2 stock would leave the GT for dust (again upto legal limits), pretty sure of it. I know we are talking a GT with a SC but a claimed 750bhp and boat loads of NM against the M3C just makes you realise how the power is delivered is the more important.

:)
Not really a problem for me as i didnt buy the GT as a traffic light racer or drag strip king but the clip is and i will say it disappointing but not surprising. Makes me question that light in my head about getting a supercharger one day for my GT at what 12k minimum, is it really worth it? Why not just embrace the GT in its standard form? I think that's what i am going to do and if i want anything faster i will buy an M3C!!!!!!

I drove last week 10 hours approx in the GT and enjoyed every minute though, glorious it really was and hard to beat.

:)
The GT is actually slightly lighter than the new M3 comp according to the stats I can find, a hair under 1700kg Vs a hair over 1700kg.

I do agree that it doesn't feel as fast as the stats suggest. I previously had a BMW 340i with the m performance power and sound kit, 360bph, and I don't think the Mustang feels any faster than that. The NA V8 delivery is a lot different to a turbo car though so hard to compare.

Mustang 0-100mph is 10.7s
The old m3 does it in 8.7s apparently which is miles faster.
Sponsored

GTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
BMW started really underrating the motors with the F8X M3s, or now the old M3. It was supposed to have 430hp from the factory but was consistently putting down close to 430whp.
Link: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1023743

I imagine the new car is very similar as it related to underrating power figures.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I imagine the new car is very similar as it related to underrating power figures.
Absolutely!
There's a growing consensus that BMW reports power outputs at the lower end of their test results. Fair enough, I've no problem with that.

But when real world tests put an alledged 500bhp BMW up against cars dyno'd at much higher outputs "... and the BMW still roasts them. Then questions arise.

It's all good fun. If BMW " massage " their output figures while developing & optimizing launch & traction control to result in devistating standing start performance. Fair play.
Perhaps then, other OEMs will do the same. Although, sadly, I suspect the on-coming age of the milk float will make all of this irrelevant...
:like:

FMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe
A lot of this is generalisation not aimed at this video but I think this demonstrates to some degree how modified cars are never as fast as you hope they will be. Donā€™t get me wrong I have spent all my time owning cars modifying them and have spent Ā£10000ā€™s. You get your dyno result and then compare it to manufactured cars figures. But you really canā€™t expect your Ā£5000, Ā£10000 or even Ā£20000 list of mods to yield the same result as the companies spending millions. They match gearing and so many other factors to not only give a figure but optimise it with every other component and make it reliable.

Yes there are examples of crazy quick cars that have been modified but often those extreme examples are no longer anything like the base car.

Often when we modify cars we get that nice dyno figure for bragging rights but we have the odd problem here or there, sometimes a failure and then we get disappointed when a car we expect to leave for dust keeps up.

There is also the fact people think that with 20bhp or 50bhp more they have a huge advantage. That can easily be eaten up by the differences in chassis, gearing, driver, tyres etc.

I will never win a race against a quick auto in my GT as I wonā€™t risk my gearbox. Donā€™t get me wrong I will go through the gears quickly by I wonā€™t go balls out like you see in some YouTube videos where owners are slamming the gears so hard it looks like the box will explode.

Iā€™m in no way taking anything away from the cars in this video as the GT is lovely and the GTR34 is a true icon. The BMW while impressive just bores meā€¦ loads of performance but no character.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just a question for @V8_MOTOR and in no way is it meant negatively :like:

Is the 735bhp quoted in the video an estimation or is it dyno proven ?

WD :like:

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Throwing some more cars into the mix as a comparison to the BMW :

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Just a question for @V8_MOTOR and in no way is it meant negatively :like:

Is the 735bhp quoted in the video an estimation or is it dyno proven ?

I'll get to the other questions extra in the video but it's Dyno proven by Kenne Bell. Others with the 3.2 litre SCs have actually be above the 725 bhp or 735hp. Its around 600 at the wheels on an emissions legal tune.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll get to the other questions extra in the video but it's Dyno proven by Kenne Bell. Others with the 3.2 litre SCs have actually be above the 725 bhp or 735hp. Its around 600 at the wheels on an emissions legal tune.
Thank you :like:

I'm not trying to be pedantic here but is your car dyno proven ?

My bro has an M4 so I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row whilst awaiting the call from him when he finds this video ... lol

Cheers,

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

The above sums up to me what FMJ said about mods and figures etc not particularly delivering what the expectations maybe.

The GT500 has similar power figures to V8_MOTOR ? But obviously has lots of other differences which show in that clip particularly rolling.

Love the car though mate.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you :like:

I'm not trying to be pedantic here but is your car dyno proven ?

My bro has an M4 so I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row whilst awaiting the call from him when he finds this video ... lol

Cheers,

Not yet. It is something I'm looking to do in the future but figure can vary based on many factors. Like the correction factor used, humidity, DA etc

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

The above sums up to me what FMJ said about mods and figures etc not particularly delivering what the expectations maybe.

The GT500 has similar power figures to V8_MOTOR ? But obviously has lots of other differences which show in that clip particularly rolling.

Love the car though mate.
The difference in that second gear roll was huge once traction wasn't an issue and both cars were in their powerbands.

That's what surprised me in the carwow test and what got me interested in the quoted power figures :like:

If V8's car was quoted at 600 then no one would have batted an eyelid, but the 735 is a big number and it puts a proportionally big target on its back - especially in a sometimes biased 'euro' land ... :frown:

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bare in mind the car had already been racing prior to this race. This was completely unplanned and it was completely heat soaked. Like you could feel the heat coming through the firewall even with the AC on. So I'm wondering if it was pulling timing. But the claimed figures aren't me picking them out of thin air.

I have behind the scenes footage of the launches and they were so bad. So bad. I can't say much more but there was also another high hp 750 American car and that didn't do too well either. When the next video comes out.nyou guys will have even more questions.

What I would say is that the 750hp Skyline didn't exactly gap the BMW even with all wheel drive in the roll race. So either both the skyline and Mustang have the wrong figures or the bmw is massively sand bagging on its. I have done roll races with the GTR we own and again, the GTR doesn't gap it even with AWD.

Screenshot_20210812-125110_Chrome.jpg

20210810_212555.jpg

20210810_212546.jpg

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I dont personally believe the BMW's official figures are going to be that far out that it would start to make sense. Maybe due to the Mustang being super hot is the reason or maybe it just isn't making the power. Ive no idea.

Like WD said if we were talking a 600bhp Mustang I wouldnt particularly question it as faster shifts in the BMW, better traction could explain that to a point.

Watch the rolling GT500 walk away from an M4 that's what would have expected a SC GT with 735bhp to do also.

Ive watched a fair few YouTube clips of SC GT's and they look properly rapid so I'm pretty confused šŸ˜œšŸ˜œšŸ˜œšŸ˜œ

Will be interesting to see the next clips.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol yup.

Just for reference. The owners of the other cars lied to CarWow. The challenger is 750hp because it on sale on their website and it says that on the description plus its not 1900kg. That car is stripped inside. No carpets, CF seats and door trims etc

and I have it on very very very good authority that the Camaro is 800 to 850. This is from the owner himself telling a MOCGB member who lives local to the camaro owner.

Screenshot_20210810-195107_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210810-195210_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210810-195048_Instagram.jpg
Sponsored