My 2020 GT 350 Engine Blew today

Booboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2020 PB GT350
Pure speculation but I bet some failures are due to the car dealer guys taking it for a quick redline run around the block it while the engine is still cold. It's very hard to imagine them waiting 20 minutes putting around town for it to warm up before flooring it. I live around many car dealers and 90%+ of the time when i see a new car with all the factory stickers being driven by staff it is being pushed HARD. So sad and cringe-worthy. Then the customer picks it up, not realizing the damage that's already been done, and bye bye engine.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah the guy runs to every engine thread he can find so he can post a link to the CPC thread.
its taken every ounce of patience I have to try and stay quiet. Thanks for helping me make it atleast one more thread before I lose it

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think I read that thread and the engine they installed was the last one, correct?

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Performs like a racing engine should. This engine is a real beast on the track. Power from just off idle to the redline at 8,250 rpm.
So much so that it makes you post a link in 20 threads. Can't contain yourself. Nice.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Time for Voodoo magic

tumblr_8a9e47d57f478c88884c40fdafba8e29_046ead4b_500.gif
Last week my wife yelled down stairs to ask if I ever felt a sharp pain like someone was stabbing a voodoo doll of me? I said no and she yelled down "how about now?"

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Pure speculation but I bet some failures are due to the car dealer guys taking it for a quick redline run around the block it while the engine is still cold. It's very hard to imagine them waiting 20 minutes putting around town for it to warm up before flooring it. I live around many car dealers and 90%+ of the time when i see a new car with all the factory stickers being driven by staff it is being pushed HARD. So sad and cringe-worthy. Then the customer picks it up, not realizing the damage that's already been done, and bye bye engine.
While I was taking delivery of my Bullitt, I watched 3 individuals from the dealership take the other Bullitt (green) on a test ride, as well as one of the HO Eco Boosts'. I said to the salesman "STOP" went out to my car to check the odometer. The day before it had 4 miles on it before my test drive, and 14 after. If it has more than that, deal is off." Thankfully, the car had the same mileage, and no monkey business, but I imagine it could have been an issue. Thankfully, I had made my decision to buy the black over the green. Had it gone the other way or likely got to the dealership an hour or two later.................. Seems the "big boss manager was out that day"

I was fortunate to see the car the day it came off the transport, and was just gone over and parked in front of the dealership. I have been it's only driver, so if the engine blows is on me (or Ford).

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's not just the dealers. The people who put the cars in the lot at the factory beat the snot out of them and so do the people who load them on trains.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
It's not just the dealers. The people who put the cars in the lot at the factory beat the snot out of them and so do the people who load them on trains.
I taking it as every each of our cars have been broken-in already, no need to baby sitting them for first 100ml.

Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I taking it as every each of our cars have been broken-in already, no need to baby sitting them for first 100ml.
Not according to the owners manual. But I know this topic is right up there with which oil is best and should you change the oil before or after winter storage? LOL But I do know that each engine is run on the dyno at the factory, so there's that.

(I broke mine in according to the owners manual though. I figured if anything went wrong I could in good conscience say, well, that I broke it in according to the owners manual! ;-)

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Last time I was at ATCO there were new GT500's (2012--13) still with all the dealer tags and window sticker going down the strip.
Sponsored