Sponsored

My 0-60 time is not there.

Crowd.Slayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. I'm not sure if I'm doing the right prep, launching wrong or a combination of both. I have a 2017 auto. Recently I added upgraded wheels/tires. Originally I was on squared 255's all season. Now I'm on a staggered setup of Nitto 555 G2's with 255 up front and 305 in the back. My 0-60 time has not changed and is far off from the claimed 4.4/4.5 as stated. I'm hitting 5.7 seconds with even some grip issues from a dig even with the 305's. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I am testing in 78 degree weather. Not too cold, not too hot. Tires were warmed up after a 25 minute drive and... almost 6 seconds? I'll take credit if i'm an idiot and doing something wrong. Now, this is from a stand still and i'm not raising RPM's before I launch because I was under the impression on stock suspension/driveshaft it's not the best to do over 2k. Am I misinformed?

Please drop some knowledge on me because this doesn't seem right.

This is street, not track times. I'm sure that makes a difference but just wanted to make sure if i am doing something wrong, I would like to correct it.

Only mods done are Roush intake (no tune), MBRP race exhaust with H-pipe and Eibach sportlines.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crowd.Slayer

Crowd.Slayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Need a little more info. Do you have TC off? Does your car have drag mode? Are you on a clean, level road? Also, to get the "best" numbers you really need to be on a prepped strip, and beat on the car like you hate it. I'm talking stupid high RPM launch. As much as you can do without just spinning.
TC is on, though the light does not engage on launch. My car is a 2017 base model and does not have drag mode as far as I am aware, just the Sport Mode which I have it in. Streets are about as level/decent as you could ask for aside from a brand new paved road. Considering this is my daily, I try not to beat on her too much. Would brake launching lower the times significantly?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
TC is on, though the light does not engage on launch. My car is a 2017 base model and does not have drag mode as far as I am aware, just the Sport Mode which I have it in. Streets are about as level/decent as you could ask for aside from a brand new paved road. Considering this is my daily, I try not to beat on her too much. Would brake launching lower the times significantly?
Its because your TC is on. It pulls engine timing to reduce wheel spin which means you make no power until higher gears.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Beat me to it. Even if the light isn't on, it's still working in the background.
Yeah, honestly the light pretty much never comes on for me unless it's wet out and both rear wheels are spinning like crazy, lol. Another "idiot light" that is way too conservative. Especially since I can feel the rear tires slipping as I mat it in 2nd, and the car bogging. As soon as I slam it in third it pulls way harder. I need new tires.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Crowd.Slayer

Crowd.Slayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Alright. Interesting. I did 3 pulls, all different.

First was AdvanceTrac off and brought the RPM's to about 1500 and let go. Spin city. Dumb but fun.

Second, same setup but with idle rpm's. Less spin but still spun about halfway through first. No good. Funny thing though, that spin through half of first still put me at exactly at 5.7 again. Which tells me it's traction if i'm pulling the same time with TC on and no spin, compared to TC off and half of first going to waste.

Third was AdvanceTrac on and TC 'off' and that netted the same time with spin. 5.7 again.

I guess I'm going to chalk it up to tires are the issue, need something stickier next time i change them out.

So either I run 5.7 with TC on or I run 5.7 with TC off and spin through half of first.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Alright. Interesting. I did 3 pulls, all different.

First was AdvanceTrac off and brought the RPM's to about 1500 and let go. Spin city. Dumb but fun.

Second, same setup but with idle rpm's. Less spin but still spun about halfway through first. No good. Funny thing though, that spin through half of first still put me at exactly at 5.7 again. Which tells me it's traction if i'm pulling the same time with TC on and no spin, compared to TC off and half of first going to waste.

Third was AdvanceTrac on and TC 'off' and that netted the same time with spin. 5.7 again.

I guess I'm going to chalk it up to tires are the issue, need something stickier next time i change them out.

So either I run 5.7 with TC on or I run 5.7 with TC off and spin through half of first.
Yeah, that's just telling you that you need better (or more) tire. You can also try airing your rears down to like 28PSI or even a bit lower.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Get a dragy instead of using the track app.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Do you have stiffening suspension mods or are you lowered? Sounds to be like you’re getting hardly any weight transfer. A stock 6R80 car with any all season/summer tires will pull 4.6-5.2 0-60.

OP
OP
Crowd.Slayer

Crowd.Slayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have stiffening suspension mods or are you lowered? Sounds to be like you’re getting hardly any weight transfer. A stock 6R80 car with any all season/summer tires will pull 4.6-5.2 0-60.
I'm lowered with Eibach sportline springs and that's it for suspension. I will look into some drag radials, they seem like they will make all the difference.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm lowered with Eibach sportline springs and that's it for suspension. I will look into some drag radials, they seem like they will make all the difference.
DR’s will help, but you’ll still find it hard to best under 4.8 with that tight suspension setup.

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Many times, manufacturer claimed 0-60 times are produced on a track of some sort. It will be hard to find a road which will allow the same. To get the best time, you will need to feather the throttle a bit before too much traction loss occurs including launch. Don't just mash the gas off the get. Ease in a bit to try to get traction with a 1200 or so rpm launch. My best times (still under claimed 0-60 times from Ford) were with adv track off and feathering throttle at times where I knew traction loss would occur.

OP
OP
Crowd.Slayer

Crowd.Slayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
DR’s will help, but you’ll still find it hard to best under 4.8 with that tight suspension setup.
So is a looser suspension setup ideal then for digs? It being too tight, what makes it a drawback? Or rather how does it make it a drawback?

OP
OP
Crowd.Slayer

Crowd.Slayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Many times, manufacturer claimed 0-60 times are produced on a track of some sort. It will be hard to find a road which will allow the same. To get the best time, you will need to feather the throttle a bit before too much traction loss occurs including launch. Don't just mash the gas off the get. Ease in a bit to try to get traction with a 1200 or so rpm launch. My best times (still under claimed 0-60 times from Ford) were with adv track off and feathering throttle at times where I knew traction loss would occur.
Thank you! I was actually wondering about that exact technique of feathering into it instead of mashing the throttle to gain grip. I suppose it will vary per car/setup and I will have to mess with it to find that sweet spot.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So is a looser suspension setup ideal then for digs? It being too tight, what makes it a drawback? Or rather how does it make it a drawback?
It will handle better being lowered with stiffer springs, but you’ll reduce weight transfer to the rear tires. More noticeable at slower speeds.
Sponsored