Sponsored

0 to 60 times

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Hey guys what are the best 0 to 60 times u got so far using ur track apps.My best is 4.6 but its cold here now.
Sponsored

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
im eager to test out my 0-60 time on the track apps. just need a safe location to do so since the tracks are not open. im hoping my EB can hit the low 5's.

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I tried the track app for 0-60 in my automatic w/ 3.55 ratio GT. Got 4.7s. If I can eliminate rear tire spin, thinking I can get 4.5s. Darn drag strips are closed for winter...in Texas, no less.

Ford Racing by Borla sport exhaust will lighten the car when it goes on later this week. Thinking about getting an aluminum or carbon fiber driveshaft. My personal goal is to improve the drag times by reducing weight rather than tampering with the engine/ECU.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I tried the track app for 0-60 in my automatic w/ 3.55 ratio GT. Got 4.7s. If I can eliminate rear tire spin, thinking I can get 4.5s. Darn drag strips are closed for winter...in Texas, no less.

Ford Racing by Borla sport exhaust will lighten the car when it goes on later this week. Thinking about getting an aluminum or carbon fiber driveshaft. My personal goal is to improve the drag times by reducing weight rather than tampering with the engine/ECU.
What launch technique do you use with the automatic? Neutral drop?

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Serious question; I don't know the best launch method. Brake torque? To what RPM?

Just step on the gas if it's an auto. No need to brake torque unless you have an aftermarket high-stall torque converter.

Needless to say, a neutral drop is the worst thing you can do short of taking a sledge hammer to the car. It wouldn't surprise me if Ford's electronics prevent you from doing something like that anyway.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Just step on the gas if it's an auto. No need to brake torque unless you have an aftermarket high-stall torque converter.

Needless to say, a neutral drop is the worst thing you can do short of taking a sledge hammer to the car. It wouldn't surprise me if Ford's electronics prevent you from doing something like that anyway.
Just asking because I used to drive WAY more aggressively before I got a speeding ticket that has me on the edge of a license suspension, and so the last couple of years I've been trying to have my fun by hyper-miling rather than fast driving... but before, whenever I used to floor the car coming out of a red light or whatever, it would take a solid second-to-second-and-a-half for the engine to get up into the power band from idle. Figure if it takes you a full second to go from idle to 4,000 rpm, you could chop a second off your time by brake-torquing to 4,000 rpm so you don't have to wait while the engine gets itself spinning.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The stock torque converter would not allow you to brake-torque up very high. Ask any of the experienced drag racers using a nearly-stock setup. All will say to just step on the gas at launch, otherwise upgrade the torque converter.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The stock torque converter would not allow you to brake-torque up very high. Ask any of the experienced drag racers using a nearly-stock setup. All will say to just step on the gas at launch, otherwise upgrade the torque converter.
Interesting. I've driven a LOT of automatic transmission cars, and all of them bog when you floor it from a dead stop. Seems like there'd have to be a better way.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
You are kidding aren't you?

How to blow up a transmission 101 by JimmyTwoTimes...

:frusty::crazy:
I haven't done a neutral drop since I was 17, but they did seem a nice way to get off the line quickly... Obviously not the best for transmission life.

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Not the best for transmission life?

How about a surefire way to grenade the poor thing in a few days lol.

Brake torque as high as it will let you before breaking the tires loose if you want to feel like you're doing something, otherwise just stomp on it from idle. If you really want to launch it get a high stall.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I haven't done a neutral drop since I was 17, but they did seem a nice way to get off the line quickly... Obviously not the best for transmission life.
Please call Circle-D and get a proper torque converter.
Sponsored