51411316_1999539170355691_629703414045402304_n.jpg
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Mustangs may not be used as daily drivers as much as they are in the USA Tom. You might see more on the weekend, or if you were down here in Melbourne, the home of Ford Australia, home of the Australian Grand Prix, etc.

This is a typical scene in the Australian bush (not really!)

mustang-xr8-road-7488.jpg
Cool Picture. Did not see a kangaroo in New Zealand...wish I had!

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Have fun - I was surprised to see all the el camino type cars like the Holden UTE SS. There's a Ford version too but I don't recall the name. In the outback, Toyota snorkled pickups are the norm. Enjoy - NZ is amazing.
Yes, I saw a few of those.... they looked like BIG el caminos.

Mustangs may not be used as daily drivers as much as they are in the USA Tom. You might see more on the weekend, or if you were down here in Melbourne, the home of Ford Australia, home of the Australian Grand Prix, etc.

This is a typical scene in the Australian bush (not really!)

mustang-xr8-road-7488.jpg
Now there is the money shot!

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
It is a wallaby rather than a kangaroo, being smaller and shorter legs than a kangaroo. I got nearly this close to one on the very first day I drove my new Mustang last week. Always a bit scary, because than can jump right out in front of the car.

@rick81721 they are Ford Falcon and Falcon based Ford Performance Vehicle utes.

Here is one (left) with a Holden Commodore based HSV ute:

FPV-vs-HSV-utes-cover.jpg

The Falcon and Commodore four-door sedans, and derivatives, were the muscle cars for Ford and Holden (GM) until local car production came to an end a few years ago. Until then, Falcon was about the fifth oldest continuously produced nameplate in the world, I believe:
https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/from-the-vault-hsv-gts-vs-fpv-r-spec

P.S. Ford Ranger is the second most popular vehicle in Australia after the Toyota HiLux. Mustang is usually the third most popular model Ford in sales, from memory.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
It is a wallaby rather than a kangaroo, being smaller and shorter legs than a kangaroo. I got nearly this close to one on the very first day I drove my new Mustang last week. Always a bit scary, because than can jump right out in front of the car.
Did not know the difference, thanks for clearing that up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So I guess I'm getting Australlian advertising on my phone now that I am here. Ok..... so what's wrong with this picture?

Screenshot_20200116-105652_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
A little more info about the above screen shot....

I did some research and found it is for a worthy cause. It is a car raffle to raise money for the Australian troops who suffer from PTSD and combat related injuries.

I am a fellow vet and I will look into a donation. However the dude in the panties in the pic has to go, lol.

Screenshot_20200116-111050_Chrome.jpg

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
New Zealand does not have kangaroos but a couple of small varieties of wallabies are found there in the wild as an introduced pest species.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
A little more info about the above screen shot....

I did some research and found it is for a worthy cause. It is a car raffle to raise money for the Australian troops who suffer from PTSD and combat related injuries.

I am a fellow vet and I will look into a donation. However the dude in the panties in the pic has to go, lol.

Screenshot_20200116-111050_Chrome.jpg
Haha, budgie smugglers.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I imagine this image is far better than some of the things you witnessed in service. I have never heard of the organisation, but seems like an excellent cause. Need to be a resident on the east coast of Australia to buy a ticket it seems.

He is probably wearing Speedo brand swimwear, which originated in Australia early last century.

image.png

The model looks like a candidate for a Ned advertisement, with that beard. They sponsor a Mustang in the Supercar series:

0A5A1897.jpg

0A5A19351.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Tom

if you want to see mustangs and understand the Australian scene better. You should go see the local Tickford’s shop or Harrod spec R. There are some facebook groups for s550 mustangs around the country with active members that do a variety of drives, drag events, track days.

if you go to melbourne i think you will find more mustang shops. You will not find many mustangs in the CBD (central business district)

Also you will find that as Australia is a different country with its own unique way of doing things this leads to different take on mustangs and what they do with them. Since shelby’s are not sold from ford, it is more acceptable to have cobra and Shelby cues On regular mustangs

you will find rousch and shelby companies licensed to implement the packages in australia

enjoy. I have enjoyed seeing a different take on my Canadian Approach to mustangs

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tom

if you want to see mustangs and understand the Australian scene better. You should go see the local Tickford’s shop or Harrod spec R. There are some facebook groups for s550 mustangs around the country with active members that do a variety of drives, drag events, track days.

if you go to melbourne i think you will find more mustang shops. You will not find many mustangs in the CBD (central business district)

Also you will find that as Australia is a different country with its own unique way of doing things this leads to different take on mustangs and what they do with them. Since shelby’s are not sold from ford, it is more acceptable to have cobra and Shelby cues On regular mustangs

you will find rousch and shelby companies licensed to implement the packages in australia

enjoy. I have enjoyed seeing a different take on my Canadian Approach to mustangs
Yes, I understand.

I am a world traveler and I appreciate other cultures and ideals. I was somehow thinking that there would be more widespread mustangs everywhere.

So you are correct that I am basing my initial report on one localized area. I am trying to get a glimpse of the mustang throughout each of the areas I travel to. I will be in and around various places in new zeland over the next few weeks and try to see more of them in the wild.

Thanks for your thoughts
Sponsored